1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

What is the name of this window part? needs replacing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Paj
What is the name of this window part? needs replacing?

https://www.google.com/search?q=car+...UCwlFXZzGFxbM:

so above is a picture of a truck but I drive a '07 fit sport. anyone knows what the black trim thats directly below the window is called?

My car still leaks when it rains (ive removed the interior door and plastic wrap is still holding strong) and i think its because the window trim i mentioned above is seriously cracked and dry so it could be allowing the water to enter through there instead of the water just rolling off.

I have an appointment tomorrow for the dealership to possibly replace it for me but if anyone knows a the name and a how to video i have no problem doing the work myself

Old 06-10-2017, 05:41 PM
5 Year Member
My car still leaks when it rains (ive removed the interior door and plastic wrap is still holding strong) and i think its because the window trim i mentioned above is seriously cracked and dry so it could be allowing the water to enter through there instead of the water just rolling off.
Parts catalog link: http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/...tcgry5=MOLDING

Doors are designed to allow water to pass through. That's why there are drain holes along the bottom edge of each door.
Are those drain holes clear, not plugged up?

and plastic wrap is still holding strong)
Then if this is true, your water leakage is not coming in through this door.

The plastic sheet is the vapor barrier which is intended to prevent that water from entering the cabin area.
You could remove your questionable window molding and stick a garden hose up there, on full blast, water will pass through the inside of the door and should not enter the cabin area.

My suggestion is to get yourself inside the car with a flashlight looking for the source of water entry while it is leaking, while someone else rinses the car down with water.
Or maybe do it by yourself in an automatic car wash.

Old 06-11-2017, 03:34 PM
Paj
yeah i checked by holding a garden hose over the window no water leaks and the holes are not clogged.

but i did get to the dealership where they informed me that my front tie rods and stabilizers links are busted and needs replacing. so theres like 700 bucks