1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Headlights do not come on when turning the ignition key.

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2018, 05:36 AM
Smile Headlights do not come on when turning the ignition key.

Hi
just bought a jazz\Fit 05 manual transmission, my first Honda. I have one problem and that the light should turn on when i turn the ignition key\ start the car.
But i have to use the switch on the handle. can it be a fuse or a relay or?????
Help will be appricated
Regards Per Boe

Old 03-05-2018, 09:35 PM
Is the Parking Brake enabled when you start your car? Daytime Running Lights don't come on when the Parking Brake is enabled and you start the car. Try starting it with the Brake not enabled or release it once started and see if they come on. If not it may be a relay or other issue. There should also be a light that says DRL on your dash that is lit up when the lights aren't on.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:11 AM
5 Year Member
Is it actually equipped with daytime running lights (DRL)? I'm not familiar with the versions of the cars you'd have over there
In the US, 2006 was the first year Honda started equipping some of our cars with DRL, but not all of the cars had it at that time.

Do both high beams and low beams all work?

I know on some of the earlier DRL control units one could take it apart and resolder the heavy components on the board (relays, connector terminals, and if you have patience it doesn't hurt to retouch/reflow all of the components on the board) and they would usually work again

Old 03-07-2018, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by ezone
Is it actually equipped with daytime running lights (DRL)? I'm not familiar with the versions of the cars you'd have over there
In the US, 2006 was the first year Honda started equipping some of our cars with DRL, but not all of the cars had it at that time.

Do both high beams and low beams all work?

I know on some of the earlier DRL control units one could take it apart and resolder the heavy components on the board (relays, connector terminals, and if you have patience it doesn't hurt to retouch/reflow all of the components on the board) and they would usually work again
​​​​​
​​​​Light work its Just te autumatic bit

​ That doesnt work. This car resides in Norway.