1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

Door locks on the fritz

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 12:27 AM
5 Year Member
Unhappy Door locks on the fritz

Hey guys, I searched but didn't find anyone with this specific problem.

My girlfriend's 07 Fit's locking system is all messed up. After playing with it for a few days, I've started to find more of a pattern to what seemed to be randomly happening.

So, when you get in the car, if you put the key in the ignition BEFORE you close the driver's side door, once you do close the door, the locks will all: unlock - unlock - lock (three clicks).
Also, the lock switch at the door does not work at all, ever.

The doors unlocking and locking themselves doesn't seem to happen as long as you close the door before putting the key in the ignition.

This happens with the power window and lock switches unplugged, it happens with the driver's door lock actuator unplugged, and also I took on the task of changing the door lock actuator (fun times). It doesn't happen with the passenger door opening and closing.

Not sure where to turn here. I heard about the recall on the switch, and I even had my mechanic check the VIN to see if this car is part of it, and he didn't seem to think it was. Even if the lock switch at the door is bad, I would think this wouldn't be still happening once we unplug it, but it does. Maybe a ground? Maybe the door jamb switch??

Any advice would be helpful.

thanks,
Ben

Old 11-08-2018, 11:26 PM
5 Year Member
Someone has installed an aftermarket unit (alarm, remote start, etc.) that is controlling the power locks?

Old 11-21-2018, 12:41 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ezone
Someone has installed an aftermarket unit (alarm, remote start, etc.) that is controlling the power locks?
doesn't appear so. all oem.

Old 11-21-2018, 08:07 AM
5 Year Member
The master switch is on recall on all US Fits; your mechanic should drink less beer
You can check it yourself on official Honda website
My guess will be:
Door ajar switch
driver door lock cylinder switch
wire harness of the driver's door (open or short in the bundle)

Old 01-19-2020, 05:18 PM
Hello, a little late to the game here. I was just curious if this got solved yet, I have the same issue and have gotten locked out while warming up my car multiple times in the few years that I’ve owned the car and have learned to leave my window cracked in case the door decides to shut.

Any ideas yet? It looks like the actuator isn’t the problem and the switches are all in tact?