1st Generation (GD 01-08) The one that started it all! Generation specific talk and questions here!

How long did your 100 month battery last?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 09:56 AM
5 Year Member
How long did your 100 month battery last?

Mine is 5 years old and may need to be replaced.
This morning when I started the car I got ABS and Brake light on (low voltage code); same thing happened 5 years ago with original Yuasa battery
This happened at 47 degrees F ( I've also got famous starter noise after engine fired)
Considering the battery design "extended maintenance type" vs sealed, I expected it to last about 5 years anyways (I never got any batteries lasted more than 3 years)
According to the warranty it has to be replaced on prorated bases which is fine, but the dealer may charge me for battery test, and even tell me BS that it has to be professionally installed (if the total cost adds up to $100 I may consider Napa battery)
Update: exchanged battery at local deanship after showing them low voltage (61-23) DTC for ABS
Installed it on the side of the road in less than 10 minutes
I wish the starter repair will be that easy
BTW my 79 Supra was the only car I had no problems with the starter
It was direct drive type and its size was comparable to the size of entire Fit engine

Last edited by doctor J; 12-06-2018 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Lack of responses
Old 12-20-2018, 11:04 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by doctor J
Mine is 5 years old and may need to be replaced.
This morning when I started the car I got ABS and Brake light on (low voltage code); same thing happened 5 years ago with original Yuasa battery
This happened at 47 degrees F ( I've also got famous starter noise after engine fired)
Considering the battery design "extended maintenance type" vs sealed, I expected it to last about 5 years anyways (I never got any batteries lasted more than 3 years)
According to the warranty it has to be replaced on prorated bases which is fine, but the dealer may charge me for battery test, and even tell me BS that it has to be professionally installed (if the total cost adds up to $100 I may consider Napa battery)
Update: exchanged battery at local deanship after showing them low voltage (61-23) DTC for ABS
Installed it on the side of the road in less than 10 minutes
I wish the starter repair will be that easy
BTW my 79 Supra was the only car I had no problems with the starter
It was direct drive type and its size was comparable to the size of entire Fit engine
good job on the battery change. Let me let you in on a secret for batteries: Costco! I live in Canada and get cold winters and need a battery with more CCA than the lawn mower battery that comes in my fit so I installed a 51r (civic) battery with double the CCA and never have problems. Costco batteries are only 50$ Canadian (35USD) come with a 3 year full warranty and an 8 year partial warranty. After about 5 years of use, mine would crank a few extra times in cold weather so I brought it back, got. 50% refund (because more than 3 years) and just bought a brand new one for about 25$!

I can say that worry about my battery has been struck off the list forever!

Old 12-22-2018, 01:18 AM

Is that what you buy

Old 12-22-2018, 01:23 AM

Is that you are talking about? Thank you