2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

PRM jet stream cold air intake for 2009 fit

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 03:31 AM
PRM jet stream cold air intake for 2009 fit

best intake ever, it took my backyard mechanic only 30 minutes to install. Fits very nicely in the 2009 honda fit lx with a/c that i have with 5 speed manual tranny. Very nice performance gain in all gears. Lots more torque in low RPM in all gears, especially first gear. Do yourself a favour and buy yourself the best possible air intake for our cars from PRMRACING.COM
Not only does the intake sound amazing and give amazing performance but it also looks like a dream. Best and most affordable intake you can possibly do to our cars. It took UPS only 5 days of shipping to get the intake to my front door from toronto and live in vancouver. I ordered it monday and received it friday the 21st. Buy this intake now you wont regret it.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:20 AM
I have nothing but the most respect from the guys at PRM in T dot but you can really go around saying its the best this and that untill you have had your car dynoed b4 and after and then yould have to wait for all other intakes to come out and compair

Although as time stands now, as mentioned b4, I would not buy anything else but a PRM for my car as of now!

props to Gerry!!!

oh and we need pics of install

Last edited by AP_ONE; 03-21-2009 at 03:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:12 PM
agree....need pics

Old 03-21-2009, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
yes, pics please...

Old 03-21-2009, 07:42 PM
put pics up... i am close to buying one but i want to see what it looks like installed.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:04 PM
PICS of my car and PRM racing cold air.

whats up guys here is pics of my 2009 fit lx with a/c and 5 speed manual with muffler delete and prm racing cold air. Enjoy. Oh ya and i removed my back seats and back seatbelts and spare tire and tools to change spare tire, and owners manual. The car is fast now.

ok guys little problem, i cant figure out how to post pics here so send me an email to this email address ............... jonahstjernegaard@hotmail.com
and my name is jonah. I will send you guys pictures to you email addresses so send me an email that i can reply to.

Old 03-21-2009, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
upload pix to photobucket.com

Old 03-21-2009, 08:51 PM
email me for pics, im not doing and photobucket bullshit

thanks guys

Old 03-21-2009, 09:29 PM
i emailed him, once he shoots them to me, ill host them up!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:39 PM
On another note after talking to gerry today, they have gone back to their original design and the filter is run to where the brake booster is, It is no longer aimed downward towards the front bumper. So it does 100% use the oem ram effect (should pening pics). I asked him if he had a dyno of this and he said no althoguh he said if at all it would be 1-2 less then the cai intake style but this is still a better deisgn and will stay clean much longer. now just waiting for the guy to email me pics and ill be in toronto where these intakes are made and Ill get one and I can assure a lot of pics :P Maybe gerry will pay for me to dyno b4 and after :P Cause we all know dyno sells a product!!

Ken

Old 03-22-2009, 03:59 PM
5 Year Member
i had the original PRM intake before, just like the one seen in the video below:
YouTube - 09 Fit Dyno.avi

but Gerry called me last week to ask me to goto his place to test fit the new one. The new one is VERY VERY tight fit as you can see in the pictures below. We went out for a test drive with the old one and the new one. We both noticed the new one is slightly louder, pulling harder, and the revs climbing faster. We're going to go fo ra dyno session later in the week and when I get the results I'll post them up. For the time being I'll just post the pictures and a video clip taken by Gerry in the passenger seat. ENJOY!

YouTube - PRM ver 2.0

i have decided that I would like to keep the new one. Yes it is slightly louder (which I kind of like) and there's less piping making so the engine bay does not look as flashy. But I like how it the revs climb faster.

NOTE: both Gerry and I grabbed a handful of the pipe after multiple WOT test runs and it is still absolutely cold.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
WOW looks nice...maybe ill pick this up

Old 03-22-2009, 05:43 PM
Great, Im glad new pics are up as the intake the person has that started this thread was the older version that is more a cai style while the new one is much more small and direct!

Ill be talking to gerry about mine in 1.5 weeks when im down in toronto.

ken

Old 03-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Why is the intake in the YouTube different from the one in the pics? And what effect would this have on the dyno tests? And the current dyno tests are on the YouTube intake or the pics intake?

Curious minds want to know.

Thx

Old 03-22-2009, 07:51 PM
kjhkjhkhk

prm had to change the design so it would work with auto tranny

Old 03-23-2009, 09:58 AM
I wonder just how much of a noise difference this PRM is to the stock box? IF only during acceleration, then I would gladly deal with that and maybe enjoy with the HP gain, but if there is a hum during cruise speeds, not sure I would like the added noise.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:14 AM
5 Year Member
well it depends on what you consider as 'cruise' speed. You can't really hear it when you're under 3000 rpm or so or when you're not stepping on the throttle that hard. But on the highway with the manual transmission the Fit is 'cruising' at a pretty high engine speed so you will hear it. Its going to be the same with any other intake though.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
where does the filter sit ?

is there a picture of the intake outside of the box?

Old 03-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by panda1314
well it depends on what you consider as 'cruise' speed. You can't really hear it when you're under 3000 rpm or so or when you're not stepping on the throttle that hard. But on the highway with the manual transmission the Fit is 'cruising' at a pretty high engine speed so you will hear it. Its going to be the same with any other intake though.
I have the AT, so it probably only gets real noticeable when gunning and in Sport shift mode I assume.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by manxman
Posts 12 & 14 show the filter under the brake fluid reservoir, just behind the battery & fuse box. The filter is the shiny black cylinder on the end of the polished aluminum tube. The filter is INSIDE the black rubber housing- it is not an open filter. The open filters like the one used on the T1R chamber will get wet. The PRM filter will not get wet. The patented, in-line filter is what sets PRM apart from all other intake system designs. It is also a velocity stack which adds to the extra hp and torque that this system makes, and the others don't and can't.
Im not at all against you or Gerry here but it wont get wet being up there regardless so that isnt a option. I mean yes its useful when used as a cai though!

Quick Reply: PRM jet stream cold air intake for 2009 fit