2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

ti-c greddy exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 04:21 AM
ti-c greddy exhaust

ive been researching all about exhaust and now came down to greddy and very intrested in it..

i have in mind a ti-c and a spec. eleite..

from my knowledge i know that the ti-c has a catback and the spec. doesnt am i correct...

and im really looking for a catback so is it smarter for me to get a ti-c or just get the spec. and a sepreate b-pipe??

what are your thoughts on the ti-c thanks.. :]

Old 09-04-2009, 05:48 AM
5 Year Member
all greddy exhausts for the fit (gd and ge) are axle backs, rear section only. i suggest getting what you like, and if you really want, just add a b-pipe later.

Last edited by feared; 09-04-2009 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM
i have the tic w/ 2.5" piping done from the catback and i love it! it has a nice deep tone. i think i may have lost a tiny bit of back pressure by having the piping done but w/e im going boost!

Old 09-04-2009, 11:38 PM
I just installed the ti-c on my car today and I love it. The ti-c has a throaty grumble similiar to my co-worker's 350Z. The car feels faster, but that's probably just in my head. I also installed the H-fit short shifter and a Mugen shift knob, so it's probably some combination of everything.

Old 09-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Originally Posted by feared
all greddy exhausts for the fit (gd and ge) are axle backs, rear section only. i suggest getting what you like, and if you really want, just add a b-pipe later.

doesnt the ti-c have a catback?! im pretty dam positive it does?? am i right or wrong??

Old 09-05-2009, 01:55 AM
where can you buy a ti-c catback??

Last edited by dustin_said_hi; 09-05-2009 at 02:05 AM.
Old 09-05-2009, 02:09 AM
5 Year Member
it doesnt exist for the honda fit. its either a catback exhaust or an axleback exhaust. greddy lists it as a catback, rear section only, which is fancy greddy talk for axleback

Old 09-05-2009, 07:32 AM
The ti-c is an axle back system. You remove 2 spring loaded bolts & 2 rubber muffler hangers to take off the factory muffler and piping. Perform the inverse to install the ti-c. The install takes less than 30 minutes and doesn't require any jacking.

Old 09-07-2009, 04:33 AM
hows the sound comparison wid just a ti-c and an hks highpower cat?

i know ppl are gonna most likeley say the catback hks is gonna be louder, but what ive been told that the hks are pretty silent.. your thoughts please?

and are axleback greddy have its own littl kick for the sound??

Old 09-09-2009, 02:39 AM
5 Year Member
hks is an axleback

Old 09-15-2009, 01:29 AM
jus got my ti-c

Just got mine today from ebay. took me like 4 hours to get it on the car because I had no tools with me .......after installation, i took it around the block, everything sounds alright. Will post reviews after tomorrow or something

Old 09-15-2009, 04:47 AM
from searching ive finally decided to get a greddy, but not sure whether to get a ti-c of the spec elite.

judging from this video YouTube - GReddy SE Honda Fit drive
the elite is exactaclly the sound im searching for,, but dont like how the muffler looks. : /

and judging from the ti-c's video, YouTube - 2007 Honda Fit with Greddy Ti-C Exhaust the exhaust sounds super weak and not strongg...

do you think the tic's vid was accrate or does it sound just as mean as the elite??

thoughts and opinions please.. can i get some pictures as well??

Old 09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
ti-c exhaust sounds a bit different than the youtube vid, i guess the cam quality was pretty bad you can tell by the resolution. the cam took in too much vibration noises. If i were to pick one of the 2 by looking the vid i would have gone for SE one so i wouldn't judge on the exhausts by the vids but i never heard of SE in person so i wouldn't know.
overall, imho i do like the exhaust. when you go in higher rpm it has a nice tone. planning on adding a t1r b-pipe later on so we will see how it goes but everything right now sounds just how i wanted.
just based on feedbacks and reviews from guys on this thread who got the Ti-C, you should get it LOL =)))
pics will be uploaded by tonight or tomorrow

Last edited by Nick_; 09-15-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 03:15 AM
thanks man.. if you watch the video wid the spec elite.. do you think thats how your ti-c sounds?? or can you say its a bit more quiet.. cause i love how the sepc sounds as it went off.. perfect deep/mean sound...

the only thing stopping me from getting the ti-c is how loud it is :/

Originally Posted by Nick_
ti-c exhaust sounds a bit different than the youtube vid, i guess the cam quality was pretty bad you can tell by the resolution. the cam took in too much vibration noises. If i were to pick one of the 2 by looking the vid i would have gone for SE one so i wouldn't judge on the exhausts by the vids but i never heard of SE in person so i wouldn't know.
overall, imho i do like the exhaust. when you go in higher rpm it has a nice tone. planning on adding a t1r b-pipe later on so we will see how it goes but everything right now sounds just how i wanted.
just based on feedbacks and reviews from guys on this thread who got the Ti-C, you should get it LOL =)))
pics will be uploaded by tonight or tomorrow

Old 09-16-2009, 03:36 AM
5 Year Member
ti-c is gonna be louder by design

Old 09-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Greddy - Founded and Driven by Racers

i know its totally different cars.. but do you think itll sound something as deep as this?? :]
and please.. since ppl are telling me that the loudness is greater than the spec elite.. im really thinking bout getting the ti-c.. but now i need some pictures.. im thinking the fart can is too ricey for me... and the spec has a better quality look.

Old 09-16-2009, 08:46 PM
ya if the fit has the same engine prob sound the same it sounds close enough tho. Ti-c is nothing close to a fart/tin can lol my friend told me that he was glad i didn't get the SE because it would be so much quieter. second day driving with the exhaust on. no regret worth every penny!
some pics i took after picking it up and installation. (I can't take photos so its not top quality, excuse my dirty fender on the last pic cus it was my first installing an aftermarket part so my hands were dirty as hell)
hope that helps tho!
Name:  IMG_2879.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  87.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2881.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  71.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2884.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  67.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2886.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  58.6 KB

Name:  IMG_2889.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  48.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2888.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  73.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2890.jpg
Views: 379
Size:  54.3 KB

Name:  IMG_2891.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  156.8 KB

Name:  IMG_2892.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  114.1 KB

Originally Posted by dustin_said_hi
Greddy - Founded and Driven by Racers

i know its totally different cars.. but do you think itll sound something as deep as this?? :]
and please.. since ppl are telling me that the loudness is greater than the spec elite.. im really thinking bout getting the ti-c.. but now i need some pictures.. im thinking the fart can is too ricey for me... and the spec has a better quality look.

Last edited by Nick_; 09-16-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:06 AM
dawg it looks soo mean! did you get it from the buy now guy off ebay.. i went on and saw that there selling a bunchh :]

how much you pick it up for..??
and props.. love it on your car.. i wiish i got a white fit :[

Old 09-17-2009, 10:49 AM
yeah thanks, Ti-C > SE lol got it off this seller called autocal13 or something on ebay with best offer. at most hes gonna give you another 5% off the buy it now price. its a very good deal comparing to the price tag on greddy site $420.
got it for about about $339+ and shipping. plus i got taxed like 12% bringing it back across border and US to candian rate was like 1.74 so
$339usd x 1:1.74 x 12% tax = 407.77cad and about $45+ for shipping
thanks dood, i love white cars and you can see the lexus in the background is white too
hope everything helps here

Old 09-17-2009, 07:10 PM

So nick, just curious if you run w/ or w/o the silencer? I have this exhaust on my tC, but I can't stand the droning of the exhaust on the freeway. The silencer makes things much better but then I don't get that manly burble when I'm slowing down.

I think it'll be cool if my dad got the ti-c though, then we can match, but I think for the sake of keeping things low-key, the SE does a better job, plus that damn thing looks sweet

Quick Reply: ti-c greddy exhaust