2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

anybody tried magnaflow?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Question anybody tried magnaflow?

ive searched on here and nobody has really said much about it. i know the magnaflows give u a nice low deep tone. i dont know if they would fit or anything? any insight?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Arrow Magnaflow #11132

I have this muffler on the car and I think it sounds great! It gave me exactly what I wanted, a little tude' for the little car w/o any signs of RASP or RICE to be found anywhere. All I did was replace the muffer and even added a similar style'd tip too. The muffler had to be installed on an angle because its tight in the area, but it works just fine. Another FF member read my review previously and was happy with it too, so there's atleast two of us out there running this set-up. I paid a total of $170 for the muffler, tip and install, cheap I also added the K&N typhoon intake system to the mix as well, so it sounds great in the front as well as the rear

FWIW I'm 40 and really into cars and don't like things sounding cheap and annoying, this is the perfect sound for the car IMO. I also added a universal Magnaflow to my Crossfire 5 years ago and that too made a big difference in that cars sound, it really blew me away I must say!

Old 09-28-2010, 08:26 AM
Great mufflers. Great, deep sound. One of the few mufflers that, IMO, is designed with performance in mind. Well built with little in the way of flow restriction, just perforated tubing inside.

John

Old 11-20-2010, 04:29 PM
Thumbs up

This muffler, combined with my K&N typhoon, makes a quiet little car have just enough tude'

Old 07-16-2011, 11:01 AM
5 Year Member
You guys know which model number magnaflow you used?
Is it just a straight through with pipe diameter matching stock?

Old 07-16-2011, 05:28 PM
You will not be able to get a magnaflow with a matching diameter. I think mine is 2" on one inlet and the other is 2 1/2" and the muffler shop had no problem making it work. Mine is an oval muffler with offset inlets and I had them weld the stock tip on.

It will take time for the ecu to adapt to the muffler...I saw a decrease in low end, but after the ecu adjusted It was back to normal. It also will get quieter once things mellow in. the magnaflow has a deep sound that is as good as any of the pricey mufflers...maybe better IMO. I freaked out a little when I first had mine put on...I even put a silencer on it for a while, but once the ecu gets adjusted and things mellow in you will have a sweet sounding muffler!!!

I also had the stock resonator cut out because it was making too much noise and not tuned for the magnaflow.

I ordered mine from summitracing.com