2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Magnaflow 11132 review

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 10:56 PM
Lightbulb Magnaflow 11132 review

So back about a month ago I asked about replacing just the muffler on my Fit. I wanted something that didn't sound to "rice" or raspy and I just took the plunge and bought it on ebay. I paid $70.00 for the muffler, shipped and also picked up a nice rolled tip to finish it off, another $15.00. I was back home in Detroit about 2 weeks ago and had it installed for $80.00, so altogether, under $170.00 and I got exactly what I wanted....a little bit of tude' out of the little car that can....and does!

IMO, if you lookin' for something to make it stand out without it STANDING OUT while going down the road, this is the way to go. On the freeway there's a little sound, but its no way annoying, again, just enough to let you know its there, perfect. At idle even, its there without being annoying. I did leave the resonater on too, so that helps out I'm sure.

I'm having a K&N typhoon intake installed this Saturday, so then I'll be sounding good in the front and back

Old 05-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Lightbulb

We were talking about what to do to add a bit more sound who would want more and talked about replacing the stock resonater with a cherry bomb muffler. Now this isn't something I'm going to do, but someone out there might wanna chime in about this, it might help someone else out

Old 05-23-2010, 12:04 AM
Thumbs up

I'm really diggin' the sound I get out of this for sure, best $170 dollars I've spent on a car since I did the same thing to the Crossfire I had back in 2005 and that sounded even better, but then again, the motor was over double size so I would hope it did

Old 06-18-2010, 04:55 PM
Magnaflow

I came to the Fit after selling my 07 Mini S. I was looking for a more practical car with the light weight, excellent steering and suspension of the Mini. The Fit met those criteria. It lacked power and CHARACTER. Too overly refined. I recently did a DIY intake. That helped. Then I saw Klasse Acts Magnaflow replacement for the stock muffler. Installed today and it transforms the car to the character of the Mini , minus its power. For < $200 you can do the same. Highly recommended.

Old 06-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jollson
I came to the Fit after selling my 07 Mini S. I was looking for a more practical car with the light weight, excellent steering and suspension of the Mini. The Fit met those criteria. It lacked power and CHARACTER. Too overly refined. I recently did a DIY intake. That helped. Then I saw Klasse Acts Magnaflow replacement for the stock muffler. Installed today and it transforms the car to the character of the Mini , minus its power. For < $200 you can do the same. Highly recommended.
Glad I could help and yeah, for the money, this mod can't be beat for those looking for a nice, non-rice sound for their Fit

BTW, how long did you have your Mini and did you have any issues with it?

Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
do you have any pics of it installed? iam curious to see what it looks like, i think i will be going with magnaflow as well, if i ever replace the stock.

Old 06-21-2010, 04:40 PM
I will go out and take some pics with my cellphone and it will be various angles, so take that into consideration. One thing is this, room is at a premium in there and it had to be put in on an angle, but you can't see that from behind, trust me. Also, I haven't gotten around to painting the front part of the muffler yet either, there's "splatter" from the welder, but I'll be doing that this weekend when I paint the calipers

Old 06-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Pics

Here you go....

This one shows how the muffler is on an angle

The next two show another angle, remember, the car is on the ground so the pics might now show what you need but trust us, its fine

The most important pic, what everyone see's from behind, no problems

Any further questions fire away, there's 2 of us with this muffler now!

BTW, what would you guys do, paint the front of the muffler silver with wheel paint or use a satin black?

Old 06-21-2010, 06:55 PM
Magnaflow

Mine looks very stock with a Magnaflow rolled edge tip and I did paint muffler high temp flat black. Muffler pretty much disappears.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by jollson
Mine looks very stock with a Magnaflow rolled edge tip and I did paint muffler high temp flat black. Muffler pretty much disappears.
Hey Jollison, post a pic or two or yours, I'd like to see the tip you went with. I like this tip alot and its easy to clean around it and inside of it and with the way this car runs, it never gets black inside, ah, the joys on N/A engine not running so FAT

Old 06-28-2010, 04:42 AM
Originally Posted by Klasse Act
We were talking about what to do to add a bit more sound who would want more and talked about replacing the stock magnaflow resonater with a cherry bomb muffler. Now this isn't something I'm going to do, but someone out there might wanna chime in about this, it might help someone else out
Cherry bomb is definitely not for me either, I just kept the resonator.

Last edited by gordonjj; 10-07-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Thumbs up

Still lovin' the "made up" system, no problems with anything either, no rattles and even with all the miles on it, not louder either. I have painted the front of the muffler with black paint though and like someone said earlier, it disappears

Under $170 total, can't be beat!

Old 04-26-2011, 11:40 AM
14444 or 10444 are good too. often used as resonators but are also used for some that runs without mufflers. I have a few 14444 (new and still in shrink wrap) if anyone is going the DIY route... $65 shipped mainland US only.

Hope you didn't mind me plugging KA