Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Reference Library for Engine Modifications, Swaps and Tuning

Calling all experts - unique muffler situation!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:11 PM
Calling all experts - unique muffler situation!

Just got a new fit last week and I need some advice.

My situation is unique since I live in Bermuda: our speed limit is 35 km/hr (but we drive at 50 km/hr) either way, our roads are curvy and narrow with very few long open roads (max is 1 mile I think).

Therefore, engine mods aren't really neccessary so we tend to lean more towards aesthetics, except for the exhaust. Can anyone suggest a good muffler that:
  1. is not too big and bulky as to not touch the ground on speed bumps
  2. is not overkill on sound - I want to hear my car with a nice sound but I don't want to be heard from miles away (all bark no bite)
  3. Can be silenced somewhat in order to pass yearly inspections
  4. Is not too expensive and can hopefully be bolted right on
I started reading the threads and did find some good info, I guess I like lower and deeper rather than high pitch, but there is so much out there I'm not sure where to start! And I know we have some real experts here....

I'd appreciate you sharing your thoughts/experience!

(I'm not sure the exact model I have, it is a Honda Fit Sport but they come direct to Bermuda from Japan so some things are different from the US model)

Last edited by smora; 03-28-2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: forgot to include "bolt on"
Old 04-04-2007, 02:32 AM
5 Year Member
Unless you slammed your car, I don't think I would worry too much about the exhaust scraping, as the rear of our cars are quite a bit higher than the front.

As for ehxuast... I heard the Aspec is pretty quiet and its one of the cheapest axlebacks too. If you want to spend a little more, get a Tanabe or a Tanabe Touring to be more specific. All Tanabe are advertised to be under 93db. Finally, for myself, I would love to have a Fujitsubo Wagolis or a RSR 621, but they don't come cheap at all!

Old 04-04-2007, 08:51 AM
Hey, thanks for the response.

Do you know if these require welding or can bolt right on?

Old 04-04-2007, 10:06 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry.. I missed that question, but ya, they will all bolt on!