2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

New Muffler, which one is better?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:16 AM
New Muffler, which one is better?

Hi everybody!!

im planing to change my stock exhaust for something less quite and more sporty... what do you recommend for the 1.5l honda fit 2009?

I really like that mad sound that big engines make, muscle cars, so im looking for something like that, a deep nice tone, that you can feel it but not hear when its idle and sporty when its at hi rpms.

Im not able to pay for those expensive exhausts right now and im just looking into a muffler, (don't want just to delete resonator and or muffler) so i was looking into DC Sports mufflers on ebay, and i can buy one of those for $42.

2 1/2¨ inlet to a 4¨ outlet, its okey for the ge8? as i don't want just to switch mufflers, i need to take the tip to the center of the car, right behind the spare wheel so that it gets symmetric, im like obsessed with that, so i looking for a muffler without tip like de DC SPORTS EX-1015 to continue the way of the exhaust a little more after the muffler. so...

Is DC Sports a good in quality/sound muffler?

Do you recommend some other one for what im looking for, like flowmaster?

Do i have to change something about the intake to get the complete sound mod?

by now i want to feel it faster, understand better what the car is asking for, im opening another thread to see if its posible to take some more acceleration and faster high speeds...

So.. i will really appreciate your feedbacks, im uploading some videos and pics after this new mods!!

thank you

Old 03-06-2015, 12:58 AM
My research on the subject came to the following conclusions:

1) With just a muffler, you will get minimal HP gains. With the Tanabe Medallion Axle Back Exhaust, I could not detect an increase in HP with 5-60 MPH runs but perhaps your testing will be different.

2) You want to stay at or below 2.25" ID for the exhaust as going bigger will likely lose HP. Has to do with exhaust pulses, how much HP you're making (less than 120 WHP) and other factors. Putting a big tip is OK.

3) The most HP for a dollar invested is an aftermarket intake:

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...jetstream.html

Hope you found this info. useful.

Best,
Yo