2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

GE8 midpipe/b pipe options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 06:45 PM
GE8 midpipe/b pipe options?

I have been looking to get a midpipe/b pipe to complete my exhaust.
So far I have only seen 3, offered by T1R, Spoon, and J's Racing.

Another option I see members talk about is having a muffler shop make a custom pipe.

The thing I am worried about a custom pipe is quality and fitment, will they be able to fit the correct flange so that the fitment is perfect? Also, are the metals used by local muffler shops react negatively with the parts that will be in contact with it (rust)?

Are there any other reputable sources that make a mid pipe for the GE8?

I prefer to have a non resonated pipe, only J's racing is offering this option, and the wait is 2.5 months.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-06-2015, 07:11 PM
A reputable exhaust shop will be able to fabricate a stainless pipe for you. The key word is reputable. It will be more expensive but the work will be quality and arguably as good or better than anything you can buy off the shelf.

I don't think I would go to Midas and ask them to make some crush bent monstrosity, but do some shopping around for performance shops in your area and I'm sure you will find something. Maybe a classic hot rod shop or something like that.

Old 03-06-2015, 09:32 PM
Thanks Wanderer, I will call around and see. I hope the prices will be reasonable.

If anyone else in the Atlanta area know of such a shop, let me know please!

Old 03-06-2015, 09:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FittinglyFittedFit
I prefer to have a non resonated pipe, only J's racing is offering this option, and the wait is 2.5 months.
Why is the wait 2.5 months? What's going on at J's Racing?

Old 03-06-2015, 10:06 PM
No idea, I emailed yasu@js racing in California this week inquiring about the midpipe availability and he just told me that I would have to wait 2.5 months because he has to order it from Japan.

Their US website says :
"Part is currently not available Contact us"

Last edited by FittinglyFittedFit; 03-06-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-09-2015, 04:28 PM
If u wanna save money, just punch your secondary cat out. Doesn't affect any sensors cuz it's past the o2. Free easy cheap upgrade And makes a difference.

Old 03-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by D429302
If u wanna save money, just punch your secondary cat out. Doesn't affect any sensors cuz it's past the o2. Free easy cheap upgrade And makes a difference.
Thanks for the suggestion, I already after market downpipe/test pipe and axle back, so I'm just trying to find some options to complete the exhaust system with a midpipe.

Old 03-10-2015, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
What goes on at J's is things are made as ordered. They don't really carry stock of the larger items. In Japan where space is at a premium and costs are a ton, having a warehouse full of parts that may or may not get purchased, because let's face it, most people are not willing to spend unless it is thrifty makes absolutely no sense for a business here in Japan or they will not be in business for very long.

There is a great fabricator up the road from Atlanta called Origin Fabrication, around the Cumming area I believe. I've recently contacted Mike through FaceBook about making a one off 57mm Titanium exhaust set up for my GE (want a slightly larger setup from my J's 50mm full Ti setup). I need to verify part numbers between the USDM and JDM GEs, I have a feeling the USDM rear is going to be slightly longer because of the elongated rear bumper. They aren't cheap, but their work looks to be very top quality and he can work with any material.

Old 03-10-2015, 10:33 AM
I also have a B-Pipe for sale, T1R, if you are interested. Shoot me a PM

Old 03-10-2015, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
There is a great fabricator up the road from Atlanta called Origin Fabrication,
Looks like Origin Fabrication does nice work.

Old 03-10-2015, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
There is a great fabricator up the road from Atlanta called Origin Fabrication, around the Cumming area I believe. I've recently contacted Mike through FaceBook about making a one off 57mm Titanium exhaust set up for my GE (want a slightly larger setup from my J's 50mm full Ti setup). I need to verify part numbers between the USDM and JDM GEs, I have a feeling the USDM rear is going to be slightly longer because of the elongated rear bumper. They aren't cheap, but their work looks to be very top quality and he can work with any material.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into this for sure!