2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Light weight exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 AM
5 Year Member
If you think that is too loud, not sure what to think. It is not really loud at all, with the mid-pipe and rear canister it peaks at around 96dB. That is not really loud as this is what is legal for road use here and I believe even some states have this same dB level, insert the available silencer and it drops to around 91dB. When at Nikko this past weekend, I thought the J's car would of been louder than it was, which incidentally was not loud at all. Mind you, my previous cars have been loud and it seems most here and elsewhere would not want or be able to daily them. Right now for me, the Fit is annoyingly quiet and dulls the drive somewhat as not all my senses get the same feedback.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
IfI am driving a manual a car with transmission and I can't hear it I kook very stupid at traffic lights....A car with a lot of low end torque isn't too bad but I absolutely have to hear my Fit or maybe get new hearing aids... The audiologist said I had a classic case of combat hearing loss, I told him, no shit.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 555sexydrive
If you think that is too loud, not sure what to think. It is not really loud at all, with the mid-pipe and rear canister it peaks at around 96dB. That is not really loud as this is what is legal for road use here and I believe even some states have this same dB level, insert the available silencer and it drops to around 91dB. When at Nikko this past weekend, I thought the J's car would of been louder than it was, which incidentally was not loud at all. Mind you, my previous cars have been loud and it seems most here and elsewhere would not want or be able to daily them. Right now for me, the Fit is annoyingly quiet and dulls the drive somewhat as not all my senses get the same feedback.
I have no cats on my GD3 so there's another reason I found the J's to be way too loud.

I run a Fujitsubo PowerGetter now and it is acceptable for my uses.