2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

lets email KW and show intrest in a GE8 SC KIT

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Exclamation lets email KW and show intrest in a GE8 SC KIT

Hope Fraggy doesn't mind me using his post to start a thread.
Originally Posted by Fraggy
I've e-mailed them and they said they have nothing in the fold.

In fact, here is the exact response:

"Josh,

Unfortunately, we have nothing in the works for the 09+ Fits.

Thanks for your time and interest,

KraftWerks Sales
sales@kraftwerksusa.com"

E-mail them yourself to show interest!
If every ones that has been asking the question shows actual intrest and emails the company direct, they will see the $profit$ in numbers

E-mail is in the quote I took from Fraggy.
I am going to email KW shortly.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:07 PM
I have just emailed the KW sales department. Hope fully if everyones email we can encourage KW to get the ball rolling on SC kit for the GE.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
I hate to burst any bubbles, but they've been adamant about not producing a kit. I don't think sales went well with the GD, and I imagine they are worried about a model change with the GE in the near future.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:39 PM
This is true. I just reveived a reply and just as I was expecting.
"Currently, we have no plans to offer a GE8 fit kit."

Old 07-08-2010, 09:10 AM
You never know people. If enough people want it KW might deliver. What's an email gonna take less than 5 minutes?

Old 07-08-2010, 09:26 AM
No offense, but why make another thread?

Old 07-08-2010, 10:41 AM
First off no worries on using my e-mail to start a thread.

Most Honda models in North America seem to change every 5ish years or so and so the GE will (or should) have a minimum of 3 years left at the current design. We should see a new Fit redesign in 2014!

Do you think it is overkill if I re-email an inquiry?

Cheers,

Old 07-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I made another thread because the other 2 threads were asking the question. Well the answer as of not is they are not currently going to offer a ge kit.
If they see the demand for such a kit they might start development. If they start to supply a kit they will make money as long as their is a demend.
I figured if everyone that asked the question email that would be a strong amount of people on this forum alone that are interested.
I don't think re-mailing the company would be over kill at all. Every time they get a email asking about a ge kit there should be a $$$$ sign going on in their heads.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:10 PM
Not gonna happen

Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Mr. 773
I made another thread because the other 2 threads were asking the question. Well the answer as of not is they are not currently going to offer a ge kit.
If they see the demand for such a kit they might start development. If they start to supply a kit they will make money as long as their is a demend.
I figured if everyone that asked the question email that would be a strong amount of people on this forum alone that are interested.
I don't think re-mailing the company would be over kill at all. Every time they get a email asking about a ge kit there should be a $$$$ sign going on in their heads.
as people said before, it's not gonna happen. the forum here is a very very small population of what's out there. and just because people send in emails, doesnt mean you're guaranteed a buyer. interest is different than cash in hand.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:54 PM
5 Year Member
If you have cash in hand and need a SC, just go with the PE setup already available here in Japan. Just get ready to fork out a ton because the US $ is $hit.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
I looked into that and can't find any avail. It makes less power than the kw kit and something about a scion sc seizing

Old 07-08-2010, 10:38 PM
I'm really looking for a reliable sc. And since I can't find anyone with first hand experience, I'm a little weary to fork over 5 large

Old 07-09-2010, 12:00 AM
5 Year Member
kraftwerks is rebelling against honda and for good reason, honda has ALWAYS offered a specific model of car for a minimum of four years, then in the late 90's the changed to a every 5 year major model change. well in 06 when honda announced they would bring the fit to america and handed a bunch to aftermarket developers, the developers went nuts and tooled up for a 5 year run on everything from aero to wheels - THEN HONDA F*CKED THEM OVER and changed up in two years, the SEMA show in vegas in late 06 had nearly every booth had fit "something" in it if it didn't have a car itself, then in late 09 SEMA had two (thats fu*king pathetic) booths and more than half of the developers folded and if they didnt they started to develop stuff for chevy, or toyota cause they have a longer schedule.
someone will make a SC for the GE it will just take a bit more time, in the meantime i will send a small email to KW because i think the engine bay is less cluttered and would fit a SC tons better

Old 07-09-2010, 12:14 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by vtecfit1
kraftwerks is rebelling against honda and for good reason, honda has ALWAYS offered a specific model of car for a minimum of four years, then in the late 90's the changed to a every 5 year major model change. well in 06 when honda announced they would bring the fit to america and handed a bunch to aftermarket developers, the developers went nuts and tooled up for a 5 year run on everything from aero to wheels - THEN HONDA F*CKED THEM OVER and changed up in two years, the SEMA show in vegas in late 06 had nearly every booth had fit "something" in it if it didn't have a car itself, then in late 09 SEMA had two (thats fu*king pathetic) booths and more than half of the developers folded and if they didnt they started to develop stuff for chevy, or toyota cause they have a longer schedule.
someone will make a SC for the GE it will just take a bit more time, in the meantime i will send a small email to KW because i think the engine bay is less cluttered and would fit a SC tons better
did you just make all that up? people knew the '07 fit was at the end of its generation ever since it was first announced that it was going to be sold here; even i knew that. the 1st generation spanned 7 years or so before they finally redesigned it for '08/'09 so it was a well-known rumor that a new generation was about to hit.

i was actually surprised (and disappointed) when they prolonged the GD3's life into 2008 because i grabbed an '07 fit hoping the new model would come in '08, making the '07 fit a relatively uncommon car in the US.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:59 AM
5 Year Member
no i didn't make it up! trust me if honda when they dropped off the fit to skunk2 or hks or any of the other "big ticket item" producing companys that were hyped to dress a fit for SEMA had told them "we are only going to offer this car for one more year, then we will introduce an entirely new model" ther is no way these companies would have followed like they did (IMHO) honda sometimes keeps a particular model around for good measure - look at the S2000 (10 years) or the element (7 years) with no major changes, and everyone knows honda keeps the new model info hush hush as long as they can, so in 05 when they said they would be bringing it stateside it woulda been just a few years old - at any rate it is what it is and i think there is a sour taste in peoples mouths

Old 07-09-2010, 03:38 AM
Supervillain
5 Year Member
touche sir. you make an excellent point.

Old 07-09-2010, 05:24 AM
I rember seeing coverage from sema when the fit was first dropped. They were everywhere!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:17 PM
so emotions getting in the way of business sense...

Honda is selling more of these GE's in 1 year than they did the GD's in two years here in NA. a 5ish yr run should result in better business. HELL, half the parts from the GD's kit could probably carry over to the GE, so... the excuses for not kit are just lame to me.

Old 07-09-2010, 07:33 PM
I guess only time will tell.....

Quick Reply: lets email KW and show intrest in a GE8 SC KIT