2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

1-Track Mind Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by accordguyintake
"heard?" Have you seen or ridden in or driven his car? it's not a +50whp monster but certainly it's far from being stock

oh, and i don't mean the stickers
j1nNju1c3 raises a valid point, and while I am sure the guy that pulled those numbers out of his ass has a nice fit, means well, etc.

It is still entirely speculative bench racing however, which provides no data or really anything useful to the discussion, much like the picture I posted in response.

Also, your scion avatar is friggin awesome.

Old 10-28-2010, 01:40 PM
5 Year Member
i feel bad having it! I totally forgot that i had it cuz when i signed up on 06' i just used it for fun.. lol

I MET YOU ONCE at volcano tea remember? Ran up to your RSX, I had that baby blue Fit with a million lights inside. Dude lemme come check out the turbo GE when it's boosting! I still haven't seen your shop yet, besides that night we had to move philly's b-day there. haha

Old 10-28-2010, 02:06 PM
i feel bad having it! I totally forgot that i had it cuz when i signed up on 06' i just used it for fun.. lol

I MET YOU ONCE at volcano tea remember? Ran up to your RSX, I had that baby blue Fit with a million lights inside. Dude lemme come check out the turbo GE when it's boosting! I still haven't seen your shop yet, besides that night we had to move philly's b-day there. haha

Uh.. who are you responding to?

Old 10-28-2010, 02:38 PM
5 Year Member
oh shit, thought this was the 1-track mind sn! my bad. haha i was referring to alex from that shop. Which i guess isn't you. sowwie!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:54 PM
oh shit, thought this was the 1-track mind sn! my bad. haha i was referring to alex from that shop. Which i guess isn't you. sowwie!
Ha no worries! I was gonna say I don't think I have had the opportunity to meet even local FF members, let alone one all the way from CA.

Speaking of which... where has the 1 Track Mind rep been for the last week or so?

Unfortunately, I keep getting the feeling that this kit will exist only on paper.. Especially if they are going to use an undersize and outlandishly expensive GT25 (>$1000 for even the smallest BB version).

Old 10-28-2010, 03:24 PM
5 Year Member
hmm.. I live under 10 miles from this place, if nothing comes up i'll try to stop by in a week or so and see how the details pan out

Old 10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
hmm.. I live under 10 miles from this place, if nothing comes up i'll try to stop by in a week or so and see how the details pan out
That would be nice.

Old 10-30-2010, 02:56 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by NIGHTHAWKSI
im much more active on 8thcivic, so i know more about the civics internals..... if the L15 is anything like the R18 engine, it has VERY weak rods.
blown engines at about 220whp on the r18 civics (double stock HP)...id expect about the same on the fit, so maybe 180-200whp before concern. thats easily achievable on a log manifold.

and at 200+hp, not only internals are a concern, but your tranny. TBH, the few people who might consider a built engine for boost levels that require a tube manifold, might just be better off getting it built custom, especially since a tube manifold is the least of their costs.

this platform (both GD and GE) desperatly needs a "cheap" basic manifold to be made for it.

Just wanted to make sure I point out that the GE8 rods are forged. You're gonna blow/burn a hole in the piston or snap the crank before those rods let go. Also the GE8 AT tranny is a freaking monster. I mean this thing weighs at least 150 pounds. But thats not any real indication of its strength. Also, Not to sound like a broken record but I have put this engine through more lean n2o induced detonation than any stock engine should be able to survive. Boost the ^$*# out of it. I can guarantee that the first 55bhp go down to the ground like a work of beauty and make the car what it should have been.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 10-30-2010 at 03:12 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:31 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know, production of this turbo is STILL going to happen after SEMA most likely, i'll have a build thread up and everything. Just busy with school and what not but it'll definitely be in there before the end of the year. CHANGES though, is that one-trackmind will no longer be the shop that is distributing it. I am no longer working there, but actually have better plans going along the way. So "one-trackmind" will not be distributing this turbo kit anymore! There will be a different distributor once things are settled! please stop subscribing to to this thread, new one can be found here

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...tml#post927138

Thanks guys, sorry for the inconvenience!

Old 11-21-2010, 04:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DiamondStarMonsters
j1nNju1c3 raises a valid point, and while I am sure the guy that pulled those numbers out of his ass has a nice fit, means well, etc.

It is still entirely speculative bench racing however, which provides no data or really anything useful to the discussion, much like the picture I posted in response.

Also, your scion avatar is friggin awesome.
^^^ cool story bro... y don't u put ure money where ure mouth is.

anywayz, N/A AT making 133.5hp... outta my ass too rite?>

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-6-2010-a.html

Old 11-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Originally Posted by ghettoboy247
^^^ cool story bro... y don't u put ure money where ure mouth is.

anywayz, N/A AT making 133.5hp... outta my ass too rite?>

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...-6-2010-a.html

Put my money where my mouth is? What are you even talking about?

Hate to bring this back from the dead, but here goes... Shiros 133 Flywheel HP, or a ~16hp gain at the crank aor about 12-13whp cost him a pretty penny:

ENGINE : >> Dyno Test @ Lestari Motor; gained 133,5 HP
1.Custom Intake, Header & Exhaust (I/H/E) System:
a. Custom Header/exhaust manifold
b. Kansai frontpipe resonated
c. Modified intake manifold/milled intake
d. Spoon N1 Muffler
2. Pivot Mega Raizin volt stabilizer
3. 2 pieces Airboom nano air converter
4. K&N replacement air filter
5. Pivot 3Drive Throttle controller
6. Piggyback Dastek Unichip Type Q+
It took all of the above to accomplish that. The $/HP is absurd, and he only won US$280 for his trouble and "bragging rights" too.

If you can brag about 13whp.

You suggested I/H/E, spark plugs, lightened flywheel, a "light tune" (whatever the hell that means) and some nice fuel would do that or more, this is patently false as your own example shows.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 11-30-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 11-30-2010, 03:09 PM
^This always puzzled me....Shiro had to be confused re: whp vs. bhp. SRSLY, the Fit comes from the factory with 127 flywheel hp...that means he gained only 6 whp. Has to be a misunderstanding on his part.

HondaTuning showed 10 bhp gain with IK22 + exhaust + intake.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
^This always puzzled me....Shiro had to be confused re: whp vs. bhp. SRSLY, the Fit comes from the factory with 127 flywheel hp...that means he gained only 6 whp. Has to be a misunderstanding on his part.

HondaTuning showed 10 bhp gain with IK22 + exhaust + intake.

Ya I have lots of questions and skepticism for most dyno graphs, especially those from groups like weapon-r or K&N.

More so when they do not post up the atmospheric conditions the pull was performed in.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:02 PM
I don't doubt the HondaTuning dyno results...what confuses me is Shiro's paltry gains with such an extensive list of mods. The Unichip tune alone should have given 6+ bhp.

Old 11-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by blackndecker
I don't doubt the HondaTuning dyno results...what confuses me is Shiro's paltry gains with such an extensive list of mods. The Unichip tune alone should have given 6+ bhp.

Agreed!

It is important to note, and this happens in every car community, but I see it here quite often... People should worry less about having thousands in bolt ons and just get complementary mods..

Throwing money at your car won't make it faster. Picking the parts that suits your power goals are what is important.

For example a full drag intake manifold coupled witha b-pipe and axle back will just cause you to lose torque across the board and horsepower in the low-midrange.

No matter what spark plugs you have