2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

GE8 T1R B-Pipe Question, Please Comment / HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:59 PM
GE8 T1R B-Pipe Question, Please Comment / HELP!

So I'm thinking of buy the T1R B-Pipe for my GE8. I want to know any comments you guys have of this item.

If its just a waste of money...
If it really makes a difference???
How much you paid for yours???

or just anything... Please tell me...

THANK YOU!

Old 01-11-2011, 01:58 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by DonEP3
So I'm thinking of buy the T1R B-Pipe for my GE8. I want to know any comments you guys have of this item.

If its just a waste of money...
If it really makes a difference???
How much you paid for yours???

or just anything... Please tell me...

THANK YOU!

Well I cant tell you if it makes a difference all by it self as I slapt everything on the car all at once but I did notice a difference between stock and intake+midpipe+catback lol

If you want you can come by my place and check it out =D

I payed about $200 something I would have to look for my invoices. I do know it was cheaper for sure do to the fact that I was receiving a pretty massive discount overall on my huge order.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:07 PM
I'm sure it sounds great, but that's pretty much the only benefit you will see.

Bottom line: The Fit's computer wants you to save gas, not win races.

I don't want to discourage you from buying the product, because I think AJR is the best supporter of everything aftermarket for the GE8. But if you want to truly yield the proper hp results from an intake or exhuast, you'll need to do some tuning with an ECU reflash or some new mapping.

You may see minor improvements in the first few days following installation, but the Fit's computer will simply adjust itself over time to accomodate the increased exhaust flow and you will soon be back to stock hp figures.

Old 01-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by 2Legit2Fit
I'm sure it sounds great, but that's pretty much the only benefit you will see.

Bottom line: The Fit's computer wants you to save gas, not win races.

I don't want to discourage you from buying the product, because I think AJR is the best supporter of everything aftermarket for the GE8. But if you want to truly yield the proper hp results from an intake or exhuast, you'll need to do some tuning with an ECU reflash or some new mapping.

You may see minor improvements in the first few days following installation, but the Fit's computer will simply adjust itself over time to accomodate the increased exhaust flow and you will soon be back to stock hp figures.
This above post is right on the money.

Oscar Jackson was implying in an old discussion that deleting the cat with a test pipe allowed for so much more air to move that they recommend a slight bump in injector size when boosted.

So that tells me if you had a way to tune for it, you could take advantage of the freer flow up top. What remains to be seen is if you will lose torque from lower backpressure everywhere else in the rev range.

You would see bigger gains that won't be tuned around by the ECU by installing colder, non-projected spark plugs, either motor mounts or a torque damper and some lightweight stock size wheels.

Short answers on why:

The spark plugs allow the ECU to (permanently) run a more aggresive timing and fueling scheme.

The mounts and/or damper will cut down on wheel hop and transmit more torque to the ground.

The wheels will make the biggest all around change short of boost as well as improving your braking and handling.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Thanks for your replies guys.
I didn't get any replies until today, buy I already ordered it yesterday from AJR. It should be shipped out today.
Yes I do already have a PRM intake and a Greddy Ti-C exhaust, so I hope the B-pipe will make a little difference.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:20 PM
5 Year Member
Please let us know how you like it.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:50 PM
5 Year Member
it does not disappoint

Old 02-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I had the entire system, there's noticeable difference under acceleration and at high rpm range.

Some say tuning will make more difference than adding an exhaust which I agreed but what I believe is, before tuning, the car needs to get the basics such as the the intake and exhaust then with tuning, you will properly get the best out from it.

just my 0.2 cents

Old 10-18-2011, 10:13 PM
have you installed the b-pipe?