2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Has anyone else seen this yet?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
Has anyone else seen this yet?

Neukin AX Honda Fit L15A7 Turbo Manifold

Appears to be a turbo manifold for our GE8. It still retains the integrated exhaust manifold, but replaces the downpipe. And only for 195, too...

Old 09-12-2011, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
oh look, another reason for me to turbo the fit -__-
i wish they had a pic of the unit. it's nice that they give you options for everything you need too; i'm just curious on how they integrated the wastegate and what it's made of.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
5 Year Member
They also make one for the LEA in the CR-Z, so I'm guessing that's where they got the idea from. I don't plan on turbo'ing my Fit any time soon, or at all, for that matter, but I thought for those that might want turbo, I'd share.

I still want to see how much I can get out from just all-motor.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:06 PM
its kinda pricey for a company i have never heard of...

Old 09-13-2011, 12:12 PM
$195 for a turbo manifold is pricey? But yes those have been around for a while. Have you seen what they want for the log manifold they make for the GD's?

As far as the wastegate, they could literally just weld a 38mm or 44mm tube on the collector with a v-band at the end and you can just stick a TiAl gate on there.

One of the more unfortunate bits about the GE cylinder head is you would never be able to run a divided manifold. The closest you could get is to use a a "Quick Spool" valve on an open T3 flange and mate it to a twin scroll T3 turbo.

Last edited by DiamondStarMonsters; 09-13-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:53 AM
5 Year Member
neukin's turbo manifolds are pretty top notch *thumbs up

Old 09-23-2011, 02:26 AM
5 Year Member
Parts have existed for a long time now. Just no ambition. Even I'm back to practically stock. Don't feel like dealing with exploding oil lines again this winter. Just want to get some blizzaks and play in the snow. Let's face it, we're all a bunch of poor sissies.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:23 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Lyon[Nightroad]
Let's face it, we're all a bunch of poor sissies.
This is true. I WISH I could drive around with a Buddy Club Pro-spec catback and full suspension with a dropped body, and the new Sprintex supercharger or hell, even a K-swap but once again, it all comes down to money.

Old 09-23-2011, 02:05 PM
my common sense tells me that it's not about being about poor nor sissy or even both.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:14 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
my common sense tells me that it's not about being about poor nor sissy or even both.
What else could it be?

Im not saying its wrong to be poor or a sissy. I hate snakes and that'll never change Ill always be a snake sissy.

Assuming a person wants to be boosted, what's in their way right now?

No second car - poor
No tools or garage - poor
Not enough money (like me who can't afford to blow another engine till next yeat) - poor
Afraid of voiding warranty - sissy
Afraid of blown engine - sissy
Afraid of self tuning - sissy
Has more money than time but wants to buy a reputable kit with proven big numbers - ultra mega sissy.

Again, its completely possible to boost a GE8 up to 10 psi practically worry free and has been for a while now -so whats holding people back other than a low tolerance for risk or a a lack of funds?

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 09-24-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Assuming a person wants to be boosted, what's in their way right now?

No second car - poor - (could be but I know quite a few in my work field who has one car but are filthy rich)
No tools or garage - poor - (could be but not all rich people live in "house" with private garages)
Not enough money (like me who can't afford to blow another engine till next yeat) - poor - (only an idiot spends money when he/she has non... straight common sense)
Afraid of voiding warranty - sissy - (could be but it's more logical to say that this person is more on the smart side than being sissy AND who buys a FIT just for the sole purpose of boosting it anyways? if he/she did... he/she's is not on this board/forum)
Afraid of blown engine - sissy - (people who work outside and beyond an engine's parameter knows better... be it a cheap engine as the FIT or 10x that)
Afraid of self tuning - sissy - (I have come across folks who think it's some kind of trophy or belt around their waist that they ruined or blew up an engine... now that's the most sissiest thing in the world)
Has more money than time but wants to buy a reputable kit with proven big numbers - ultra mega sissy. - (you should start to accept that this "hobby" is more broader than you expected)

Old 09-24-2011, 05:23 PM
5 Year Member
I'm not feeling it. Everything you are saying boils down to risk aversion. Even if you are risk averse for smart reasons it still equates to a smart sissy.

I do take a great deal of pride in blowing up my engine, was it smart, no, but was it sissy, HELL NO.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:03 PM
5 Year Member
I see that what you are trying to do is get me to admit that there are intelligent reasons why somebody would not boost their fit even if they want a boosted fit right now.

I agree with this to a limited extent.

The point I make is that if you want boost RIGHT NOW you can have it. The only thing that stands in your way is the money to buy the parts, and the risk tolerance to deal with the slight possibility of failure.

If your risk tolerance is less than what is necessary to complete this build even though you want a boosted fit then that's all there is to it. One might say that it is smart to have a low risk tolerance but that is a separate argument. Sissy = low risk tolerance.

A sky diver has every right to call me a sissy because skydiving doesn't fall in my risk tolerance.

I would probably argue something similar to the skydiver about the risk/reward of sky diving and how it's not smart, but it doesn't change that he has a higher risk tolerance than me and I am a sissy by comparison.

etc.

No worries though, I'm becoming increasingly disenchanted with this hobby, stamp collecting will probably be more interesting.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 09-24-2011 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:26 PM
5 Year Member
Expanding on the skydiver analogy, getting someone else to tune your car is akin to skydiving in tandem (which yes is mandatory but just ignore that) do you really want to show people a picture of you skydiving while straped to someone elses nuts? When I see tuned by: xyz on the side of a car that is akin to a picture of your tuners nuts being strapped to your car.

Old 09-24-2011, 07:25 PM
there's alot of ways to go around this but whatever makes you happy... still no validation. also, don't let a single blown engine disenchant you to the hobby or anything else... stamp collecting is boring.

Last edited by ThEvil0nE; 09-24-2011 at 07:29 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:37 PM
5 Year Member
Yea, at some point I realized we were arguing semantics, you mean what I know and I mean what you know. It would appear we might just value certain things more highly than the other and naturally what we value lies in the same place as our talents.

On the disenchatment side the just has to do with what im going to do now, I like the researching, the building, the fabricating, the testing, the tuning, etc. The driving is just the nice treat I get for all the work. If I was doing all this just to have a 'fast car' - that would be absurd. Now that ive done all the R&D I'm not sure what's next. Run a more conservative tune and crank the boost up higher on the T28 this time? That would be fun but not as fun as the very first build. Sure id be going faster but thats not really what makes me happy. And so with that insight into my psyche does it make a little more sense on why I'm perplexed by the people who want a boosted fit without any of the risks or work? If they don't do the work themselves or take any chances, all they really have is a still pretty slow car rather than a reflection of their work and thats just lame.

Last edited by Lyon[Nightroad]; 09-24-2011 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:53 PM
5 Year Member
Not everyone has the skills and resources do absolutely everything needed to do something from scratch... Then there is the purchase price of special tools... I had over $6000 in tools just to be able to properly set up a decent bicycle and having what I had brought in customers from over 100 miles away that wanted perfectly alignment headset, bottom bracket and axle dropouts and the tools to do that alone were over $4000.... I also built custom wheels that sold for as much as $450 a piece and that was in the late 80s... A lot of what is being manufactured for high performance use is far less precision than parts made for bikes but still require expensive tools and skilled people to use them so you have to expect them to be costly... I never thought of my customers as being sissies because they lacked skills or tools and I doubt that the people I purchased parts and tools from felt that way about me... I admire anyone that is able to do more with less but at the same time I feel no animosity toward someone that is willing to pay someone else to perfect a product they can install and not worry about... I do feel kind of sorry for them if they have paid someone else to install the product and have no idea how to diagnose and fix the problem if something goes wrong....

Old 09-26-2011, 03:43 PM
5 Year Member
Holy crap, this debate exploded, didn't it?

o3o

I'd rather just try for all-motor as much as i can. Granted, that's not a lot, but I'm a broke college student.

I just thought I'd share something I came across. And Lyon, I kind of agree with Coyote on this one. I fully support you and your crazy DIY's that work, but he has a good point...completely building things from scratch takes special tools that not a lot of people really have experience with or can even afford. I mean, if I could afford to blow up an engine every once in a while, I probably wouldn't even drive a Fit. I probably would have used the money in blown engines to buy something with more power in the first place, but that's just my opinion for my situation.

No disrespect to you though, what you have done so far is pretty incredible.

Old 09-26-2011, 03:45 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by kurisux92
Holy crap, this debate exploded, didn't it?

o3o

I'd rather just try for all-motor as much as i can. Granted, that's not a lot, but I'm a broke college student.

I just thought I'd share something I came across. And Lyon, I kind of agree with Coyote on this one. I fully support you and your crazy DIY's that work, but he has a good point...completely building things from scratch takes special tools that not a lot of people really have experience with or can even afford. I mean, if I could afford to blow up an engine every once in a while, I probably wouldn't even drive a Fit. I probably would have used the money in blown engines to buy something with more power in the first place, but that's just my opinion for my situation.

No disrespect to you though, what you have done so far is pretty incredible.
Not to mention some people have the know-how to do certain jobs, but are somewhat afraid of trying it on something major their first time out. I lose faith in some of my own work, whether it's on cars or in my bass playing or school. Some people just sleep better at night that way.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:30 PM
5 Year Member
I was just caught up in the moment. I get what TC is saying and there is truth in it, for example I cant mill/deck a head because I don't have the 10k in equipment to do it. But there are some things that just require creativity, I needed a drill press to properly drill the holes in the r18 manifold to fit the l15a7 bolt pattern but alas no drill press, so instead i used c clamps a vice and the level on the back of my drill, adapt and overcome.

Quick Reply: Has anyone else seen this yet?