2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Engine Modifications, Motor Swaps, ECU Tuning Sub-Forum Threads discussing engine mods/swaps/tuning for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit.

Ground kit helps our GE's a bit

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 07:45 PM
Ground kit helps our GE's a bit

Didnt take any pictures, but shouldnt be hard to imagine or copy.

Used Cadence 8 gauge wiring with crimp on eye connectors

First wire, replaces factory ground from timing side engine mount to harness ground on strut tower bracket.

Second wire is bolted with one of the alternator casing bolts (those thin long ones holding spool together). This goes to factory battery ground location on side of radiator. This wire will be the longest.

Third and Fourth wires replace factory grounds from transmission mount bracket to strut tower/frame side, then to battery.

This effect is noticable in cars with subwoofer setups, as you will notice a bit wider range of bass. You will also notice SLIGHTLY (as in MINOR) increase in engine response or throttle response. Car also seems to start slightly quicker.

As of today I have 3 tanks of fuel on the new grounds, and these MINOR changes have stayed. They have not been diminished by the ecu somehow.

I should add, I have removed the factory ground bolt with a much longer one. This allows the battery ground to be held inplace with the bolt, then the alternater ground I added is held in place with 2 nuts on the radtiator side of the new bolt.

For pictures, just let me know.

If anyone would be interested in a ground kit, I can make these, but please leave that to PMs, as this is not a marketplace thread.

BASIS FOR UPGRADE: honda expects everything through a small factory ground.

For fully stock cars with no audio: I only recommend a batter battery ground wire. No need to spider extra wires across the engine bay.

Old 09-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Super Moderator
is this like the Big Three?

Old 09-07-2014, 07:58 PM
No. Big three covers 1) grounding 2)positive cabling and 3) better battery

its one step.