2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Revo Technica Honda Fit 07-08 / 09+ 5-Speed Manual Racing Short Throw Shifter

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 04:39 PM
5 Year Member
Revo Technica Honda Fit 07-08 / 09+ 5-Speed Manual Racing Short Throw Shifter

After a while of hesitation to be a guinea pig for car parts I decided to give this product a try. I was asked by Buddy Club a while back to test a short shifter and exhaust back when I still had my Taffeta White but I declined because I was really picky with who can drive my car and the fact that I needed my car for daily driving. But I was given a second chance this time by being asked to do a product review for the RevoTechnica Short Throw Shifter for the 09+ Honda Fit by AJ Motorsport/ AutoDynamic located in El Monte, California. Installation was not really hard; product was a direct replacement of the stock short shifter, followed by the removal of the shift knob and center console. It is shorter roughly by 25mm according to their website. Moving on I first took it for a test drive and I felt that it was stiffer which I enjoyed. There were no problems with it going into gear and it felt better than stock. I launched my car going onto the freeway and felt reduced throw than I normally would feel with the stock shifter. When it came to downshifting, I did not have any problems too.

So here is the verdict,
This product is made out of plastic and I honestly have never heard of this brand before. I do not know where it is manufactured or made but to tell you the truth I actually enjoy this product for the better response than the stock shifter so I would recommend it if you had the extra money for one. Makes going on drives or cruises more exciting in my opinion. You do lose a little bit of comfort though but that’s just the tradeoff of upgrading to a “race” short shifter. Oh, and if you are worried about it breaking down, the short shifter has a one year warranty I believe.

I really have no idea what else I should answer or write about for this product so if you have any questions or concerns about it, just PM me or post it up here and I’ll be more than enough happy to have an answer.

Anyways, enough of the reading, here are the pictures.

Shifter Installed

Side by side comparison of the stock shifter and the RevoTechnica short shifter

And the little setup I have

Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 PM
5 Year Member
nice, how much? does the kit include the plastic mount kit as well?