2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

CF vinyl pieces done today!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Cool CF vinyl pieces done today!

Its been a while since I've done something to the Fit, long, cold winter gave me the itch, Uncle Sam gave me the money and Extreme Graffics in Villa Park Illinois made it a reality for me

This was from last week, no I don't have it specially wired like this, the fuseable link fuse was corroded from salt/cleaning the engine bay combination. I must say its pretty cool lookin' but much better to have my HIDs working again!

My last 3 cars has racing stripes but with the shape of the Fit its really not a good look, IMO but I think this looks good though, follows the lines of the hood.

The black triangles are a bit too shiney and cheap lookin', IMO, so let's tone it down a bit.

One more piece that's the shiney, black plastic and its a "wrap"

Altogether, this set me back $135, not bad. I do plan on doing the roof, but gotta save some money to do that, should be around $250-300. I guess when you own a Fit and can't really do any "real" perf mods, you've gotta make it look different/cool I was planning on doing Swift sport springs with my income tax money, but I ended up doing this and getting myself a wheel from Griots Garage, along with pads/polish/carrying case so I can take my side work, detailing cars, to a higher level. If I get enough work this spring/summer/fall I should be able to get myself some enough money to get those Swift sport springs (or H&R's from TireRack-$206)

Oh yeah, btw, they've got some light, see through tinted vinyl that I'm going to have applied to the tailights and if they can do it, the headlights too. I've always wanted to tone down the "bling" from the chrome inside the headlights and this might be the ticket IF they can do the headlights and get around that bubble where the parking lights are. Not only would this look good, but would also protect the headlights too

So, what do you guys think?

Old 03-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Talking I asked this guy but he said nothing to me!

...just stood there like this with his arms folded
Name:  img1297650073443.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  120.8 KB

Old 03-14-2011, 02:57 PM
5 Year Member
Not bad, i think i would have liked the hood all done but its unique. Im planning on wrapping my roof and mirror caps once it gets a little nicer out and if I have extra material im gonna see if i have enough for some interior stuff like upper glove box, nav surround and a/t shifter base. What vinyl did u use? I purchased the newest stuff from HEXIS.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:19 PM
That is so hot. I think it would also be sweet if you cut out the middle of the hood stripe, following the same lines on the inside, to make it two stripes. I have a serious urge to do this now.... damn you.....

Old 03-14-2011, 04:27 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tauwolf
That is so hot. I think it would also be sweet if you cut out the middle of the hood stripe, following the same lines on the inside, to make it two stripes. I have a serious urge to do this now.... damn you.....
reading ur description it made me think of the concept fit from a couple years back(too bad the stripes are completely opposite haha):

http://wallpampers.com/pictures/9289...%20Concept.jpg

Old 03-14-2011, 05:13 PM
Oh hell, I just realized I'm going to be in Chicago the first weekend of April. How freakin easy would it be to just stop into Extreme Graphics and tell them to give me the Klasse job?!?!?!

Must. Resist.

Klasse, can you get me another close up picture or two of the hood application? I'm curious to see how thick the application is.

Last edited by Tauwolf; 03-14-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:45 PM
5 Year Member
I dig the vinyl on the window scuttles and hatch garnish. Looking forward for you to do the roof. I think it would look great in the same vinyl CF or a satin black (to match the plastic). I'm not a fan of the hood vinyl though, but will admit you did do a great job on the cutting and placement of it.

Old 03-14-2011, 11:29 PM
props to you... love what you did specially the garnish and the window findow panel (or whatever that thing is called lol) are you going to do the pillars? front lower bumper? rear diffuser maybe???

Old 03-15-2011, 07:35 AM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ThEvil0nE
props to you... love what you did specially the garnish and the window findow panel (or whatever that thing is called lol) are you going to do the pillars? front lower bumper? rear diffuser maybe???

I actually asked them for a quote, but when we got into doing the hood after the triangles and rear garnish, we both forgot I'm doing the pillars for sure because your eye catches the CF triangle and then you glance over and see the black plastic pillars, so that's going to be addressed very soon.

I will take some close up pics today and post them up so you guys can see the thickness but honestly, its the typical thickness of vinyl, whatever that is and honestly, its not noticeable in how it rises up but ofcoarse it does.

Damn I can't wait to wrap the roof

Old 03-15-2011, 10:03 AM
Merchant / Group Buy Organizer ( non-certified )
$250-300 to wrap the roof? that is pretty damn expensive especially if you just want it matte black. you should try to do it yourself. i could get you the vinyl for much less than that making it your only cost on the job.

Old 03-15-2011, 01:32 PM
not bad any more update

Old 03-15-2011, 08:00 PM
Question Update

Sorry, I wasn't able to snap a picture of the vinyl thickness but rest assured, its flat on the car.

Now, I did say that I'm going to do the roof and I am, no doubt about it but I was also thinking about doing some other things to the car too as far as vinyl goes, i.e. all the pillars, rear valance panel and the head/tailights with this special, lightly smoked vinyl they've got, kinda like Lamin-X. I just don't know if they can do the headlight with the bubble for the parking light. What do you guys think about this My buddy who's got a good eye for this stuff said I need to finish what I started and do the roof.

Now, as far as $250-300 being too much, well, that's a guess based on my hood section costing $75.00. Also, this is a business that does this for a living and its the going rate. Someone on our forum down in Houston does this for a living and his price is right on par with this as well. For someone like me, there's NO WAY IN HELL I'd attempt something like this, afterall, I'm not an expert in the vinyl applying business, don't have the patience and don't wanna spend the time and money buying the product off of Ebay and risk messing it up and then spending more money taking it in and having it done professionally, that's just dumb IMO.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm with you, Klasse. I let the pros handle things unless I am 110% confident it's a job I can handle. They have the know-how, they have the right tools for the job, and they probably have that special "touch" that takes a project from good to fantastic.

Tell your boys if they can do the headlights, I think they'll have people flocking to them from all over haha. I'm not convinced it's possible, though. That would have to be an amazing product to work with that little bubble.

Just brainstorming here (without being able to go look at my car right now): what if they did the application in two parts, the headlight with the bubble section cut out, and then do the bubble as it's own small application..... It all depends on how precise and flexible the product is.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Arrow

Tauwolf, I will run that by them for sure and honestly, I wouldn't mind it being done in 2 pieces if that's what it takes. I just wish our cars came with the base Fits headlights, just looks more aggressive IMO. Because of the shear size of the headlights the chrome is a bit much for my tastes, not that is annoying or anything but, just sayin'.

I'm going to call Extreme tomorrow and ask about the roof price and I'll let you guys know what they said. I'm about to go to bed right now but does anyone know the dimensions of the roof off hand or mind measuring it out for me

Thanks