2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

DIY LED side view mirror cover - winker mod

Old 07-14-2013, 10:07 AM
5 Year Member
DIY LED side view mirror cover - winker mod

Product:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Door-Mirror-Cover-w-LED-Honda-Jazz-and-Fit-09-GE8-JDM-/170329054559?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27a8671d5f&vxp=mtr
Unboxing:

Installation:

Last edited by Jephu; 07-14-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:13 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks for doing this Jephu! Doesn't look as bad as the DIY printout that I have, should be relatively straight forward as long as I have the tools to do so.

Old 08-20-2013, 01:46 AM
will this work with a 2013 Fit?

Old 10-28-2013, 09:03 AM
5 Year Member
Do these Winkers make your other turn signals go Wankers? (flash faster?)

Old 10-28-2013, 10:21 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by silverback
Do these Winkers make your other turn signals go Wankers? (flash faster?)
No, they flash normal.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Jephu
No, they flash normal.
They flash normal because the original signal lights are still working.

Another nice DIY Jephu. You might want to mention adding Arrows behind the mirrors as well while it is all apart.

I put the winkers in a couple of years ago. The hardest part I found was pulling the wires through the rubber hose between door and body. I used a coat hanger.

I did not hook up the blue LED to parking lights as blue is illegal here on the front. I did pull the wires through though and labelled them so in future someone will know what they are for.

Oh I tried out my arrows and my heated mirrors the other morning and glad to say everything worked fine.

Old 10-28-2013, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks-did you wire the arrows using the winker wire or did you have to run another?

Old 10-29-2013, 05:15 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by silverback
Thanks-did you wire the arrows using the winker wire or did you have to run another?
I wired them to winker wires inside the mirror housing.

Last edited by Black3sr; 10-29-2013 at 05:50 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:07 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
They flash normal because the original signal lights are still working.

Another nice DIY Jephu. You might want to mention adding Arrows behind the mirrors as well while it is all apart.

I put the winkers in a couple of years ago. The hardest part I found was pulling the wires through the rubber hose between door and body. I used a coat hanger.

I did not hook up the blue LED to parking lights as blue is illegal here on the front. I did pull the wires through though and labelled them so in future someone will know what they are for.

Oh I tried out my arrows and my heated mirrors the other morning and glad to say everything worked fine.
Thank You.

I will refer to this post for every time I get a PM on here and Youtube about not working with heated mirrors. I knew that they work and is perfectly fine, but people insist that it doesn't or causes problems because of the heat from the leds ( clearly they don't understand how little heat the led outputs ) and shouldn't be installed.

Old 10-29-2013, 03:42 PM
5 Year Member
Thank You.

I will refer to this post for every time I get a PM on here and Youtube about not working with heated mirrors. I knew that they work and is perfectly fine, but people insist that it doesn't or causes problems because of the heat from the leds ( clearly they don't understand how little heat the led outputs ) and shouldn't be installed.
You are welcome. I am not worried about the LEDs causing overheating. I am more worried if the heating element will burn the arrows. Hopefully they will not. Should I have a problem I will post it here.

What is your next DIY? We are enjoying them.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
You are welcome. I am not worried about the LEDs causing overheating. I am more worried if the heating element will burn the arrows. Hopefully they will not. Should I have a problem I will post it here.

What is your next DIY? We are enjoying them.

I don't think I have anything planned that you haven't already done.

I purchased another DD car for myself ( 2013 Honda Accord 2dr ) and haven't had much time to mod the fit. Majority of my spare time has been spent making DIY videos on that car. But Thanksgiving week.. my plans are to start and finish the retrofit projector headlight project with switchback leds on the Fit.

-Purchase and install the Clazzio seat covers
-plasti dip the rear diffuser
-add better lighting for the cargo area.

And that should cover everything I want to do on the FIT.

Old 10-30-2013, 04:43 AM
5 Year Member
I don't think I have anything planned that you haven't already done.

I purchased another DD car for myself ( 2013 Honda Accord 2dr ) and haven't had much time to mod the fit. Majority of my spare time has been spent making DIY videos on that car. But Thanksgiving week.. my plans are to start and finish the retrofit projector headlight project with switchback leds on the Fit.

-Purchase and install the Clazzio seat covers
-plasti dip the rear diffuser
-add better lighting for the cargo area.

And that should cover everything I want to do on the FIT.
I will be interested in the projector project.

You will like the Clazzios. Adds a ton to the look. I have black and also recovered my door panels in black. Match up nicely.

I sprayed my diffuser using paint. The rear has stood up well. My front section is getting stone chips. I will redo in the Spring.

I have added some blue LEDs in the cargo area. I find they are not that bright being the blue. While I hav ea blue theme I think back there white would be best. I have a 'C' piller bar I would like to put a string of LED on. It is a pain though pulling panels including the roof to wire it. I also though of a couple of the courtesy HONDA LEDS I have on bottom of front doors along the edge of the hatch shining down on ground when open. Again a matter of running wires from hatch into trunk area.