2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Exterior Modifications & JDM Styling Sub-Forum Threads discussing exterior modifications and JDM styling for the 2nd Gen GE8 Honda Fit

Door Mirror Cover With LED

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 10:01 AM
5 Year Member
DIY Door Mirror Cover With LED and turn signal arrow led.

Door Mirror Cover w LED Honda Jazz and Fit 09 GE8 JDM | eBay

Paid on May 30th and arrived in San Diego July 17th.

Unboxing and review:

I'm also going to be installing amber turn signal arrows on the mirror.
Here is a quick video of it on my Accord. The led arrows is install behind the mirror.

I will update this post with a DIY install video next week.

Last edited by Jephu; 06-26-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:38 AM
5 Year Member
I am looking forward to your install of the arrows behind the mirrors. I am not sure if I can put those behind my heated mirrors or not.

Here is a video of my amber signals. I did not hook up the blue lights as they are illegal here. I did label the wire in case someone wants to later on.

I had a problem with one of the clips not catching. It has been 3 years now and it has not fallen off through car washes etc.

Oh don't do what I did. I get down to the final part ie connecting to signal light circuit. I turn on left signal light and the winker is not working. I walk around car and the one on the right is working. I mixed up the two lights. Duh.

p.s. make sure to have soft towels under the mirrors and covers when putting together as you need to exert a bit of force to clip them on and could scratch the covers.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Black3sr
I am looking forward to your install of the arrows behind the mirrors. I am not sure if I can put those behind my heated mirrors or not.

Here is a video of my amber signals. I did not hook up the blue lights as they are illegal here. I did label the wire in case someone wants to later on.

I had a problem with one of the clips not catching. It has been 3 years now and it has not fallen off through car washes etc.

Oh don't do what I did. I get down to the final part ie connecting to signal light circuit. I turn on left signal light and the winker is not working. I walk around car and the one on the right is working. I mixed up the two lights. Duh.

p.s. make sure to have soft towels under the mirrors and covers when putting together as you need to exert a bit of force to clip them on and could scratch the covers.
Thank you for the video and the installation tip.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 PM
5 Year Member
Quick update: Both winker mirror cover installed. Just need to install the passenger side led arrows.

Old 06-24-2013, 12:04 AM
Nice job man

Old 06-24-2013, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
Look forward to the install.! I've been meaning to do this on my GE as well

Old 06-24-2013, 06:26 AM
5 Year Member
Thanks. You are welcome Jephu. Awaiting the DIY for the arrows behind glass. I forget what mine looked like.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
update: While I was transferring the video files from my memory card to my computer, the files got corrupted and I lost majority of the files. I will do another video next weekend for the install...

until then, here is a video of the led turn signal arrow installation:

Also, I think I'm going to make a new thread for the installation videos. I tried to change the title of this thread but it does not update the title on the main thread listing.