2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Question on JVC KW-AVX820??

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 05:10 AM
5 Year Member
Question on JVC KW-AVX820??

Just bought a new 09 Fit/sport/mt – love it!

Looking at Crutchfield site and found this JVC DVD unit (with built in Bluetooth): JVC KW-AVX820. JVC KW-AVX820 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Quick questions:

• Anyone has any experience on this? Good, bad, ugly?
  • Plan to install myself – hopefully should be easy enough to follow the instructions.
  • How can I disable the safety function, therefore my son can watch his Mickey Mouse cartoon while I am driving?

Don’t want to get this until I get some feed back – many thanks in advance!

Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 AM
5 Year Member
I've had excellent experiences with crutchfield and So-So experience with JVC. It seems to be a decent brand but often times lacks the fit/finish of something like Clarion, Alpine, or Pioneer. It's more alng the lines of a Sony or Jensen. As for installation, there are threads around here with photos and Crutchfield makes the majority of the work simple with their instructions and support. It's nice to have someone you can just call while installing. I believe that to disable the safety function, you have to ground the wire that should be connected to the e-brake. This way the system thinks the parking brake is on all of the time and the screen will play.

Also, If you've never bought from Crutchfield before PM me for a "referral code" that will get you $20 off your purchase.

~SB

Old 10-29-2009, 07:50 PM
I had ths unit in my 02 Si

Originally Posted by hkfooey
Just bought a new 09 Fit/sport/mt – love it!

Looking at Crutchfield site and found this JVC DVD unit (with built in Bluetooth): JVC KW-AVX820. JVC KW-AVX820 DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Quick questions:

• Anyone has any experience on this? Good, bad, ugly?
  • Plan to install myself – hopefully should be easy enough to follow the instructions.
  • How can I disable the safety function, therefore my son can watch his Mickey Mouse cartoon while I am driving?
Don’t want to get this until I get some feed back – many thanks in advance!
I really liked this unit. Had it hooked up to a Rockford Fosgate T400-4 amplifier, and a P2L-1X10 sub and it sound very nice. All I wanted was to fill the cabin with sound, and it did that perfectly. The JVC has a lot of nice features, my favorite being a removable face plate. Touchscreen was nice and responsive, bluetooth paired with every phone I tried(even a JDM Phone). HD radio sounded awesome, I actually started listening to terrrestrial radio again because of it. Ipod nano and iPhone 3GS hooked up to USB port flawlessly. When i sold my Si, I think the sound system is what sold the car!. DVD's looked good on the unit and I don't think any tricks were necessary to make it work.
If you need any more info, send me a pm and I will gladly answer your questions.
Overall it's a nice unit

Old 10-30-2009, 04:40 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback!

Does anyone know (or point me to the right place) - how to ground the e-brake, so that my son can watch movie while the vehicle is in motion?