2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Playlist problems using MP3 player (a sony Walkman)

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 AM
5 Year Member
Playlist problems using MP3 player (a sony Walkman)

ok so Factory Sport sound system trying to use the MP3 player

My iPod works perfect and the play list shows up for me to choose different songs, but I like to use my iPod when i go running because i have a specific armband for it.

So.... my mom has this sony walkman she isn't using its one of these:

So the problem iam running into is that it sorts it by folder.. and theres no play list options when i go thru the menu screen inside the car's headunit. And its annoying because its sorted by like artist, and i have to go thru the whole thing and find another song i wanna listen too.

Is there something I am missing to make the playlist work? or is their specific software to make it work? i tried using Winamp and Windows Media player to add the playlists and it still doesn't work, idk what to do.

EDIT: ok iam prety happy now.. iam using a flashdrive for all my music. it looks like the stock Headunit plays according to when you add it and not by names. which isn't bad... because now I can just past all the songs i want in the order I want to hear it. and it comes out that way in the folder... i guess iam switching to flash drive.

Last edited by Vash; 05-14-2010 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:51 PM
5 Year Member
I've been using sony MP3 players for awhile now, and i'm pretty sure that the only way to have playlists on it is to make one in Windows Media Player, and then transfer it as a playlist... i know that it kind of sucks, but yet i find that they really are the best on the market because of the autonomy of the battery and of how fast it is...

Old 05-06-2010, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cr4zy3lgato
I've been using sony MP3 players for awhile now, and i'm pretty sure that the only way to have playlists on it is to make one in Windows Media Player, and then transfer it as a playlist... i know that it kind of sucks, but yet i find that they really are the best on the market because of the autonomy of the battery and of how fast it is...
fast? that "Creating Library" crap that it does takes a WHILE... so syning it thru the Windows Media player should work? i thought i did that yesterday and it was still no good.... are you 100% because i gave thing back to my mom.. its late now i guess i'll go see tomorrow.

Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 AM
5 Year Member
yes i'm 99,9% sure of what i'm saying, if you create a playlist on windows media player and transfer it as his, you will have it on your MP3... btw what i mean by fast is that there are no loading time... you press play and it starts instantly... i'm always using it on my fit, but since i have auxiliary, i just put it in shuffle mode and when i don't want to listen to a song i just skip it...

Old 05-13-2010, 12:51 PM
5 Year Member
still no good.. it still only arranges it by folder... no play lists.. seems like the only thing that can give me a playlist is ipod.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:52 AM
5 Year Member
yes i'm 99,9% sure of what i'm saying, if you create a playlist on windows media player and transfer it as his, you will have it on your MP3... btw what i mean by fast is that there are no loading time... you press play and it starts instantly... i'm always using it on my fit, but since i have auxiliary, i just put it in shuffle mode and when i don't want to listen to a song i just skip it...
ok iam going to work all day on it. can you please tell me which playlist format you are using? iam going to give winamp another try today.. i could have SWORN i got winamp to make the play list work a while ago.. but i think i used it recently with winamp and it was no cigar... i can't figure out this sony walkman.. its a cool mp3 player but if i can get play lists to work with it inside my fit.. its kinda worthless to me.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:37 PM
5 Year Member
well with windows media player 11 (also works with 10), you simply create a new playlist and then you transfer the entire playlist, finally when it's done you go to your player's menu, and there is a playlist icon on the bottom (kinda sheet with play button) and when you select it you will have all your playlists listed there... then you simply hit play and enjoy!

Old 05-14-2010, 05:00 PM
5 Year Member
well with windows media player 11 (also works with 10), you simply create a new playlist and then you transfer the entire playlist, finally when it's done you go to your player's menu, and there is a playlist icon on the bottom (kinda sheet with play button) and when you select it you will have all your playlists listed there... then you simply hit play and enjoy!
ok i just tried winamp.. still the same.. the Car doesn't to recognize the playlists.

I see the play list when i USE the mp3 player but the problem is i need the car to recognize the playlist, because right now the car has it sorted by folders, and thats a huge pain because i have like 1,000 folders in there and each folder has like 1 song in it..

yeah please check on your car please if you have the same MP3 player, i want to know if i am wasting my time with this.. because I might just buy another ipod if this sony won't work with the car to use play list.

THE SONY stand alone works well.. like i see a play list and its perfect, BUT it does not work with the car, the car only sorts it by artist folders

and what are those options like F-RPT and RPT do?