2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Aftermarket Stereo and Stock Anti Theft's "Code"??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 09:14 PM
Aftermarket Stereo and Stock Anti Theft's "Code"??

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2010 Honda Fit Sport (without Nav).

I love the car, but the stock stereo is lacking. So I want to install my own HU (learned bunch from you guys already; thanks!), and have a question.

When I bought the car, the dealer explained to me that if anything triggers the stock anti theft system, I would have to punch in my 5 digit security code to start the car. Well, if I take the stock radio out and install my own stereo, how would I punch in that code? Or does installing an aftermarket stereo kill the stock anti theft system?

I'm pretty sure the keyless entry system will stay intact post aftermarket stereo install, but can anyone confirm? Are there any other gotchas I should be aware of before I upgrade my stereo system?

Thanks!

Old 07-10-2010, 01:27 PM
5 Year Member
I didn't think the non-navi units had this feature, but anyway as far as I know the anti-theft "system" in terms of your stereo simply pertains to your stock stereo requiring a code to be entered after it detects that it has been removed from the power source completely (via pulled batter cable or removed stereo).

Your keyless entry won't be affected if you remove/replace your stock stereo.

Go for it dude!

Last edited by reako; 07-10-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by reako
I didn't think the non-navi units had this feature, but anyway as far as I know, the anti-theft "system" simply pertains to your stock stereo requiring a code to be entered after it detects that it has been removed from the power source completely (via pulled batter cable or removed stereo).

No your keyless entry won't be affected if you remove/replace your stock stereo.

Go for it dude!
I see, so the code is only to get the stock stereo to work again; it doesn't affect the ability to start the car. I misunderstood the dealer, maybe.

Thanks for clarifying!

Old 07-16-2010, 01:19 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Cutstain
I see, so the code is only to get the stock stereo to work again; it doesn't affect the ability to start the car. I misunderstood the dealer, maybe.

Thanks for clarifying!
Indeed. You're welcome.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:34 PM
where would I get this code so that I can get the stereo to work again when i go to sell it? in my paperwork somewhere or will the dealer have it in their records?