2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

2010 Base Fit: Install rear speakers in new location?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 11:07 AM
2010 Base Fit: Install rear speakers in new location?

Hi everyone,

Just got my 2010 Fit (base), and it's great except for one thing...the stereo, which really disappoints me. I have a couple questions/concerns that I hope you guys can help with.

1. The speaker placement bothers me. Specifically, the rear speakers (the ones in the rear doors) aren't really "rear" enough for me. They're really just "side" speakers that are only slightly behind me. So the sound seems aimed right at my ears and it actually makes my ears hurt. I can feel uncomfortable vibrations that make my ears hurt, unless I turn the bass way down, which I hate to do because I really enjoy good strong bass. In other cars, I usually have the fader way towards the back, so I can enjoy loud music comfortably. Is there a way to address this? Does the base Fit have wiring or a location to install true rear-placement speakers (like somewhere behind the back seat or in hatch area)?

2. Generally, the tone adjustment is lacking; sounds too tinny and midrange for my taste and the bass sounds boomy. My last car had an equalizer, which I much preferred. I have fiddled every possible way with the Fit's tone controls but still not happy. Any suggestions?

3. A more minor point but the AM radio sound is truly awful. Granted, I don't listen to AM a great deal, but I do need to hear news and traffic, and even just for that, it's terrible. It sounds very muffled, almost nearly like being on the phone.

Thanks for your help!

Old 09-26-2010, 11:03 AM
good luck finding the answer

Old 09-27-2010, 03:38 PM
5 Year Member
Do like I do and make some pods that go up on the dash, use the front door speakers and then turn down the rears so they aren't as loud to your ears. I have mine turned way down in the fit and not installed in the accord. Some additional power and better drivers will help out immensely.