2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

interesting problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 01:38 AM
interesting problem

okay guys just had best buy install an amp, sub and cap in the fit, only because i had a few gift cards laying around....
*alpine amp 500 watts peak
*kicker cvr 12
*feirce cap
*feirce wiring kit 8 guage
*amp mounted under my seat and cap under the passenger

-heres the issue the head unit is stock and it shuts off randomly, theres no distortion when it happens it just happens multiple times a day when im driving to and from work. this will happen when the stereo is at 3 or volume 20. it doesnt happen when the bass hits like i would expect or have previously experienced. will happen during a melody part of any song with no bass at all. no dimming of any other part of the car just the stereo. power steering will shut off randomly aswell, usually happens when the stereo shuts off.

now i just did a test out side with the stereo at 3 monitoring voltage at both the cap and the battery, both matched and held between 14 and 13.4 when it hit 13.4 the alternator kicked back in to replenish the power supply

i then turned it up to 20 and same thing happened alternator kicked on much more frequently but still never dropped below the magic number of 13.4 bass level was at 1 or two i believe. i will turn it up to 6 tmw morning before i go back to best buy and talk to the tech again, different guy and see if the other guy made any mistakes. the car was purchased brand new in aug and i went down to honda and they said that the power steering is electric and that i have to pull everything out of the car to text the problem which i understand. any ideas guys, any late night creepers up with any expertise in the situation? thanks in advance and i will post my findings tmw morning on my same test again