2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

angled spacers for components?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 08:14 PM
5 Year Member
angled spacers for components?

gonna put some components for the fronts into my car but they'll only clear with a small spacer. came across this angled spacer on ebay. would this be okay to run? I figured I could angle mount my tweeter to get it face me also. or would it be just best to use a flat spacer n flush mount the tweets? sorry, not much of an audiophile but I want to do it right.

Universal Speaker Adaptor 6.5" Angled Spacer rings | eBay

Old 08-01-2011, 11:35 PM
5 Year Member
Angled spacer is not necessary, I used MDF to make mine and it's not angled worked fine. If you want to make your own make sure to coat them with something (if you use wood) to water proof them just in case.

Old 08-02-2011, 11:35 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fit4Spl
Angled spacer is not necessary, I used MDF to make mine and it's not angled worked fine. If you want to make your own make sure to coat them with something (if you use wood) to water proof them just in case.
Is that absolutely necessary you think? I used mdf and I see your concern because of the type of composite that is but do you really think there is going to be that much moisture there to affect it?

Old 08-05-2011, 08:55 PM
That seems like it is pretty thick! You think there is enough room? I haven't taken off the door panels to check what the clearances are like.

Why not jig saw and some 1/2 inch ply?

Old 08-05-2011, 11:38 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Java^FiT
Is that absolutely necessary you think? I used mdf and I see your concern because of the type of composite that is but do you really think there is going to be that much moisture there to affect it?
The doors and speakers in them get so wet..its insane.

Go drive around in the rain for 10 mins, then take your door panel off...its ridiculous the amount of water in there.

The fits doors get soaked!

I would not run angled spacers...your door panel isnt going to sit right if your midbass is 2.5 deep or more with the angle.

Old 08-06-2011, 01:52 AM
I posted something about this on DIYMA as my baskets had a few small rust spots on them. They showed a pic of a foam baffle being cut to protect the speaker.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:41 PM
5 Year Member
guess i'll have to grind these puppies down. :P i'll probably look into foam baffles like these ?

Old 08-08-2011, 02:53 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by britdevine
The doors and speakers in them get so wet..its insane.

Go drive around in the rain for 10 mins, then take your door panel off...its ridiculous the amount of water in there.

The fits doors get soaked!

I would not run angled spacers...your door panel isnt going to sit right if your midbass is 2.5 deep or more with the angle.
in all serious respect you've gotta be kidding me... there's no way that is possible. there's electrical connections up the wazoo in there, they wouldn't design it to allow water to go in the door. and where the heck is it draining then if its going in your door??

I'm starting to think you have a bad seal or something, rain should not enter the inside of your door.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by beangrower
guess i'll have to grind these puppies down. :P i'll probably look into foam baffles like these ?
I used those on my doors...just make sure you cut out small holes in the back of them or your speakers will sound like crap.

The doors and stock speakers get insanely wet in all 4 doors....these are a good investment

Old 08-08-2011, 03:09 PM
5 Year Member
in all serious respect you've gotta be kidding me... there's no way that is possible. there's electrical connections up the wazoo in there, they wouldn't design it to allow water to go in the door. and where the heck is it draining then if its going in your door??

I'm starting to think you have a bad seal or something, rain should not enter the inside of your door.
Go look for yourself....its all 4 doors...all the time when its raining out.

All your doors look like this

Name:  DSCN1664.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  96.8 KB

Old 08-08-2011, 03:17 PM
5 Year Member
Go look for yourself....its all 4 doors...all the time when its raining out.

All your doors look like this

yeah man you have a serious sealing problem. That should not happen at all.

When I installed all my speakers I had my door panels out for an entire weekend when it rained and the inside of my door NEVER looked like that. Are you sure you put all of your seals back when you re-installed everything??

Does anyone else experience this?

You are gonna have some major rust problems within a year if your car allows that to happen.

Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 PM
5 Year Member
yeah man you have a serious sealing problem. That should not happen at all.

When I installed all my speakers I had my door panels out for an entire weekend when it rained and the inside of my door NEVER looked like that. Are you sure you put all of your seals back when you re-installed everything??

Does anyone else experience this?

You are gonna have some major rust problems within a year if your car allows that to happen.
That was a pic from the first time I took the stock stuff out before I did anything to the stereo...all 4 of my doors looked like that "stock"

Old 08-08-2011, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
That was a pic from the first time I took the stock stuff out before I did anything to the stereo...all 4 of my doors looked like that "stock"
then something got effed up from the factory, you should never have water like that inside your door. even if your windows are cracked in the rain the seal on the outside to the window should be tight and not letting in any water. Doors are supposed to be sealed otherwise you would see rusted out doors constantly.

It is not a normal occurrence and you should probably take it to your dealer if your still under warranty

Old 08-08-2011, 05:21 PM
5 Year Member
actually, water does get into the door. they have a vapor barrier from factory so it doesnt get on your door panels. all the electrical connections are closed up and sealed through the factory molex plugs

there are drain holes in the bottom of the door.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:26 PM
Yep beangrower, that's what I am going to order. Basically, just going to the bottom section out of those so it can act as an umbrella to drivers.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by feared
actually, water does get into the door. they have a vapor barrier from factory so it doesnt get on your door panels. all the electrical connections are closed up and sealed through the factory molex plugs

there are drain holes in the bottom of the door.
Water gets.....ALL OVER the Factory speakers...and all over any you put in there...thats why I used those foam baffles to shield the best I could

Old 08-10-2011, 03:39 PM
Thumbs up

Water gets.....ALL OVER the Factory speakers...and all over any you put in there...thats why I used those foam baffles to shield the best I could

good to know!