2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Installed: '08 Civic SI seats in GE8

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:37 AM
5 Year Member
So far so good! Wish I could find a set just like you did...

Did you remove the Aux input to install the heater control in that location?

Old 05-22-2012, 12:33 PM
thanks!

I ended up with leather from a company called Pecca which does OEM leather for a lot of asian cars (not 100% sure if they supply Honda, but like I said the color looks the same as the armrest) and they are designed for the OEM airbags. Got them for $230 from an installer who had an extra set on ebay. So seats+leather+heaters+hardware= ~$775

For the heaters I just drilled a new hole for the switch. I have a sport so I didnt have a aux input there. I actualy did the wiring for a heated seats a while ago as I had them under my clazzio covers before. Here is the location of the drivers side:

Name:  Photo1-1.jpg
Views: 5383
Size:  40.4 KB

Old 05-22-2012, 01:16 PM
5 Year Member
I meant for the passenger heater switch. I have an 09 Sport also and I have an aux audio input (1/8 inch jack) to the right of where the aux power outlet was (I swapped it out for the JDM GE8 cig lighter, which reminds me I have to drill a hole in the middle to re-install the stock aux power outlet and run a line to the fuse box). It's the little input right below the vent control & above my JDM ashtray in the pic below.

(it's the only pic I have uploaded showing that location, but damn this pic is old... way before my Clazzio's, and about a dozen other interior mods )

Unless only the Navi's have the aux input? I could've swore all Sports had it.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:27 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
I meant for the passenger heater switch. I have an 09 Sport also and I have an aux audio input (1/8 inch jack) to the right of where the aux power outlet was (I swapped it out for the JDM GE8 cig lighter, which reminds me I have to drill a hole in the middle to re-install the stock aux power outlet and run a line to the fuse box). It's the little input right below the vent control & above my JDM ashtray in the pic below.

(it's the only pic I have uploaded showing that location, but damn this pic is old... way before my Clazzio's, and about a dozen other interior mods )

Unless only the Navi's have the aux input? I could've swore all Sports had it.
hmm, interesting. Must only be Navi models. mine def didnt have the input there. I have an aftermarket navi but I think the stock headunit had a aux built into the face.

Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jcuecker
.....I think the stock headunit had a aux built into the face.
Yeah that's the difference... thanks for the clarification.

Great job on the Si seats.

Old 05-28-2012, 02:05 PM
5 Year Member
Question, and Im sure you thought of this before all the custom work, but is there anyway of connecting the stock OEM Fit base frame to the Si rails?

I am seriously considering doing this install, since my insurance company said it was ok, but I am in no way a hands on kind of guy and I dont know how much it would cost me to have someone do all this custom work. So I was wondering if its possible to use the Si rails with the Fit floor base frame.

If the Si rails worked with Recaro or Bride base floor frame, then I would go that route instead. Again, I am not a hands on guy, so I am trying to figure how to do this as straight forward as possible.

Also, it would probably 12 Si seats(current gen).

Old 05-28-2012, 10:52 PM
I dont think its possible to swap over the rails, but im not sure. Itwould at a inimum require special tools as all the bolts have irregular shapes. The SI seat (drivers) is also height adjustable and all the parts to make that work definatly arent on the fit seats.

I think the simplest thing to do is buy mounting brackets from Wedge Engineering and then have somone weld them to the Si seat rails after chopping off the existing feet.

Old 05-29-2012, 10:26 AM
5 Year Member
I dont think its possible to swap over the rails, but im not sure. Itwould at a inimum require special tools as all the bolts have irregular shapes. The SI seat (drivers) is also height adjustable and all the parts to make that work definatly arent on the fit seats.

I think the simplest thing to do is buy mounting brackets from Wedge Engineering and then have somone weld them to the Si seat rails after chopping off the existing feet.
Hmm. I guess I should call Wedge Engeneering and see. Maybe that would be easiest, since I by no means am capable of modifying the stock brackets like you did.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Got around to wrapping the drivers seat in leather last weekend. Sooo comfortable, feels like a different car. Just have to put the fit plastic covers back over the feet to clean up the look.

Name:  siseats1.jpg
Views: 7922
Size:  310.1 KB

Name:  Siseats2.jpg
Views: 5673
Size:  282.3 KB

Old 05-30-2012, 11:32 PM
I got the passanger seat installed over the weekend. I'll try to get a few pics up of it installed this evening. It sits about ~0.5-1" higher than stock because I didnt hack off the front brackets but rather extended them.

Everything was plug and play. I moved over the Fits buckles because the guy I had bought these from had changed them.
So the airbag connectors are all plug-and-play? The occupancy and side airbag sensor all plugged right in with no modification?

Seats look excellent BTW. If it really is a plug in affair on USDM models, this will be the only thing that saves my future Fit ownership.

Last edited by Potenza; 05-30-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
Help,

I removed my 11 Fit passenger seat to see what would it take to install some 12 Si seats. Reinstalled the OEM and everything is exactly how it is before, but this light is still on. The guy from the shop said he reset the code, but it still came up. What should I do?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 AM
5 Year Member
Deleted post

Last edited by Cornerstrike; 06-21-2012 at 08:42 AM.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:54 AM
I know old thread, but I require some help and hopefully someone can answer me. I have my Si seats and have been struggling so hard to find accurate and precise info for what is required to swap them into my GD3.
Drivers seat obviously fairly easy swap, but passenger seat seems (at least on the GD3) to be much more difficult.
You stated that your passenger seat was pretty much plug and play. From what I understand the Si internal wiring harness has 3 "sensors" versus the GD3 having an extra 4th sensor for occupant weight sensor. Is that congruent with the GE? HKJazz stated that he had to actually swap out the module that is in the GD seat into the Si aswell as the internal wiring harness.
Also you wrote that you swapped the seat belt buckles, is there a specific reason you did this? Or was it to just avoid re-pinning the seat belt plug?

Thanks for any help,

Guy

Old 06-25-2014, 08:22 AM
I don't have any information for you Guy, but I'm interested in knowing about this also, as I find the seats from an Si to be great in terms of support and comfort.

Originally Posted by jgpoirier
I know old thread, but I require some help and hopefully someone can answer me. I have my Si seats and have been struggling so hard to find accurate and precise info for what is required to swap them into my GD3.
Drivers seat obviously fairly easy swap, but passenger seat seems (at least on the GD3) to be much more difficult.
You stated that your passenger seat was pretty much plug and play. From what I understand the Si internal wiring harness has 3 "sensors" versus the GD3 having an extra 4th sensor for occupant weight sensor. Is that congruent with the GE? HKJazz stated that he had to actually swap out the module that is in the GD seat into the Si aswell as the internal wiring harness.
Also you wrote that you swapped the seat belt buckles, is there a specific reason you did this? Or was it to just avoid re-pinning the seat belt plug?

Thanks for any help,

Guy

Old 03-09-2015, 05:10 PM
Resurrecting this post again, I am also interested in this. I want to know if aftermarket seat rails would work on the Si seats and then be bolted up on the Fit. Any help from anyone that has done this would be appreciated.

Old 04-22-2015, 12:03 AM
If anyone needs info on how to install Si seats into a gd3 send me a message! I've fully installed them in my car with no airbag lights. it's fairly easy to do and looks completely stock.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by hollywoodscott
If anyone needs info on how to install Si seats into a gd3 send me a message! I've fully installed them in my car with no airbag lights. it's fairly easy to do and looks completely stock.
PICS!

Also: I hope you took the GD3 seats and put them into the Si.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Awesome mod! I'm 6'3 and would love a lower seat in my GE. I hate the high seat height

Old 08-15-2022, 05:22 PM
The seats for 06-11 Civic SIs have different airbag and rails depending on if it's a Coupe or Sedan.

They were both revised in '09-'11 but seem to be backwards compatible if it's the same sedan/sedan coupe/coupe.

I'm looking to do this to my '12 Fit before I do my coilovers and wheels.