2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Help in identifying the Harness/power connection near driver side tail light

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Help in identifying the Harness/power connection near driver side tail light

Though this is my first post on fitfreak, I have been following this forum for the last six month or so.
Now to my problem. I own a Honda Jazz (1.2) right hand drive. In India Jazz generally did not come with the cargo light. So I was planning to put one in, however when I started checking up the connections, I found an extra power connector on the driver side (rt hand) side of the tail gate. I am attaching a picture below.

I thought that this might be the harness for the cargo light (unused), however on checking did not find any power in it. Does anyone have any idea what this connector is for?
Hate to follow this wire pulling up the panels :-)

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-16-2012, 04:48 AM
5 Year Member
I have no idea what that connector is for. Here is a pic of my wiring on my 09. You can see that plug is missing. Also note you seem to have more ground wires on that one nut.

The wiring for the cargo light is on the left side of the car. Well on mine. Sorry I do not have any pics.

You might want to use a test light on that socket and see if it is live.

In my manual the wire going into cargo light is pink and the one out to the cargo switch is purple.

bill

Name:  006.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  50.7 KB

Old 07-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Thanks Bill for the quick reply. I am looking at the opposite side only because its a right hand drive and I thought probably the harnesses could have been reversed (when compared to US Fit).

In mine, the left hand side plastic panel has the cargo light depression, however no connector.
Can you check your other side and see what you see?

I checked the connector on mine with a multimeter and did not show any current. Can you share your manual? May be the color codes would give me some hint about the origin of this wire.

Many thanks.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:38 AM
5 Year Member
I may have mine apart later today to check some bulbs if so will take a pic.

I gave you the colour codes. I do know the pink and purple ( sorry not purple but blue) connect into dome light and have a separate plug under the dash. That is where we connect under dash lights. Sorry cannot figure out how to post PDF file pics.

The Cargo light also has a tailgate switch in the circuit the same as the doors. So you may well be missing that as well. I have no idea how it is connected

That plug you have may be for a rear red FOG light. They are a requirement in Europe not sure about India. Test it with tail lights on. Also give it a try with Brake lights on.