2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Newbie / Hands free calls?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Smile Newbie / Hands free calls?

Hi guys,
I am new to this forum. Firstable, Hi everybody!

I just bought an Honda Fit 2009 EXL. I live in Argentina and even we have a nice Honda Forum there this is not as many products or info available as in the US.

Can i have a hands-free voice activated system in my Honda Fit? I have an iPhone 3GS. I have been readings the forum and there are so many options that i get a little dizzy, hehe...Besides i get a bit confused between bluetooth / playing music from the iPhone and so on.

My priority is to be able to say while driving "Call Mike" automatic dial the number, talk and then hung up ideally without touching many buttons. If everything could be done by voice that would be great!

If the voice activation cannot be done or is too complicated to install, i think it might be possible to do it from the steering wheel music controls, right?

Sorry for the very newbie question. I am just starting in the Honda Fit world (so far i love the car). My car might not be exactly the same as the US model -i guess the US version from 2009 has bluetooth- so here a couple of pictures of the dashboard.

Host your images for free: Pixentral.com - Display

A friend of mine is traveling to the US in two months so he can bring me all the things i need for installing the hands free system.

Thanks for any help it will be greatly appreciated.

Best

Old 08-06-2013, 12:12 AM
I have just seen a product that might have it all.

what do you think? I don't know how you charge it. It is $75 and have no idea of its sound quality.

I have been reading other posts and folks seems to like the idea of another type of instalation
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1st-...uggestion.html

Last edited by uzapuca; 08-06-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM
hi guys, any help with this? i am kind of lost with this issue.

Thanks! and best!

Old 08-13-2013, 03:00 PM
Hi,

it is cheap for certain but i think the tiny little speaker might be too annoying for me. If I were you, I would spend a little extra and maybe look into something like this.

Pioneer FH-X700BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I am also planning to buy this unit for the same purpose and better sound quality for my music. So far im liking the reviews but have yet to find a review from a fellow Fit driver.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by meki22
Hi,

it is cheap for certain but i think the tiny little speaker might be too annoying for me. If I were you, I would spend a little extra and maybe look into something like this.

Pioneer FH-X700BT CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

I am also planning to buy this unit for the same purpose and better sound quality for my music. So far im liking the reviews but have yet to find a review from a fellow Fit driver.
Thanks for the good info Meki22
The Pioneer FH X700BT seems very interesting indeed. I am not sure i can install it in my 2009 Honda Fit. This is my radio panel

1) Would it be complicated to remove it all to install the Pioneer FH X700BT?

Cheers,

Old 08-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by uzapuca
Thanks for the good info Meki22
The Pioneer FH X700BT seems very interesting indeed. I am not sure i can install it in my 2009 Honda Fit. This is my radio panel

1) Would it be complicated to remove it all to install the Pioneer FH X700BT?

Cheers,
No problem. I have not installed a radio before myself but from what I've read so far it's pretty simple and straight forward. Check these out:

2009-up Honda Fit Car Audio Profile

Hope this helps!

Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 PM
thanks for the very interesting info Meki22

I will check the video so i will have a better idea on how to do the install.

BTW, searching on google about iPhone and car integration, i've found this very interesting article
The Complete Guide to iPhone Car Integration | iLounge Article

Best,