2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Silicone pad/mat for doors and cups holders (GE-8)

  #1  
Old 03-03-2014, 07:16 PM
luismycorreo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 224
Silicone pad/mat non slip for doors and cups holders (GE-8)

Hello Guys

I just received this item I ordered on Aliexpress.com

high quality Gate slot pad rubber car cup mat/pad non slip mat 14pcs For Honda Fit/Jazz 2nd Generation 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 -in Mounts & Holder from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

The seller has more colors available, is a very nice item

Best regards,
Luis
Honda Fit Sport GE8 - Cnd Mkt

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any bad experience buying this item.... just in case!







more pictures here ...

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tit-bijou.html
 

Last edited by luismycorreo; 06-08-2014 at 10:50 PM.
  #2  
Old 03-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 110
Thanks for posting! They do look nice and not too expensive
 
  #3  
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 AM
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aiken, SC
Posts: 492
Luis, any chance of posting pictures of the parts installed in your Fit? The parts look interesting, but I can't figure out where all the pieces go. I can guess on the two small rectangular pieces going into the console coin holders, and a couple going into the cup holders, but those long pieces on each side????
 

Last edited by Rampo; 03-04-2014 at 09:14 AM. Reason: correct spelling error
  #4  
Old 03-04-2014, 08:25 AM
New Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Cartersville
Posts: 11
I would think the long pieces go in the trays in the front doors.
 
  #5  
Old 03-04-2014, 10:20 AM
fawbusha's Avatar
Member
iTrader: (1)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Posts: 290
Cool man I'd love to see pictures when you get a chance
 
  #6  
Old 03-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: bay area, cali
Posts: 692
I was thinking about just cutting up some cheap mouse pads to fit but that set is very complete and doesn't cost much.

OP, where are you located and how long did it take to get shipped to you?
 
  #7  
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 PM
luismycorreo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 224
Hello guys

My car is very dirty, the Spring is comming the snow is melting so is very dirty now, but this link is for the same seller with pictures of the interior

Car Door Mat Cup Tank Pad non slip anti slip dash Gate Slot mat 14pcs For Honda Fit II/Jazz 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 -in Mounts & Holder from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Disclaimer: I'm not responsible for any bad experience buying this item....just in case!
 
  #8  
Old 03-23-2014, 12:24 PM
Member
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 22
It looks cool and neat.
 
  #9  
Old 04-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 670
i just received this after buying it on a whim.

The product is fine, but some puzzling questions on the choice of which mats they've provided. They went through the trouble to put mats for the door handle and door cup holders , both front and back, which are pretty useless,

YET, it does NOT include pads for the center cupholders or center front console, where you'd actually stash like your cellphone or other slippery devices.

Why they would neglect pads for those slots is completely bewildering to me.
Any ideas from anyone?
 

Last edited by raytseng; 04-18-2014 at 12:33 AM.
  #10  
Old 04-17-2014, 11:41 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC
Posts: 419
could be because different regions use a different style center console. euro/jdm have detachable type cup holders with coin slot.
 
  #11  
Old 06-08-2014, 03:25 AM
luismycorreo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 224
Hello guys

I posted some pictures here

https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...tit-bijou.html

Luis
 
  #12  
Old 06-08-2014, 05:16 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 94
I think it's a little much to have the word "FIT" in the car so many times but this does seem like a practical product. What is the underside like? Might it be possible to just use these pieces upside-down but on the opposite side of the vehicle (as would be necessitated by the fact that the non-symmetrical pieces would be backwards)?
 
  #13  
Old 06-08-2014, 09:02 PM
Member
5 Year Member
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 670
Originally Posted by megashaun View Post
I think it's a little much to have the word "FIT" in the car so many times but this does seem like a practical product. What is the underside like? Might it be possible to just use these pieces upside-down but on the opposite side of the vehicle (as would be necessitated by the fact that the non-symmetrical pieces would be backwards)?
You can, but defeats the purpose of using any product at all. You could just not use anything, or cut something out of material you find at home depot if you just want something in the slots.

The backside is smooth black silicon. Imagine a surface like release paper but squishy like gel(the paper backing of stickers)
 
  #14  
Old 06-08-2014, 09:48 PM
Member
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Toronto
Posts: 94
Originally Posted by raytseng View Post
You can, but defeats the purpose of using any product at all. You could just not use anything, or cut something out of material you find at home depot if you just want something in the slots.

The backside is smooth black silicon. Imagine a surface like release paper but squishy like gel(the paper backing of stickers)
Ah, thanks! Yeah I've been keeping those slots clean with regular, um, cleaning.

Speaking of these little storage spaces, what do you guys use the thin slots for on either side of the handbrake? I find they're good for stowing my wallet and point and shoot camera.
 
  #15  
Old 07-10-2014, 06:05 PM
sooznd's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,453
Seems like a cool item- I might not use all , but it seems worth it even for a few of them.

I noticed the two links provided have different versions of the "Fit" logo.

the first one has the 2nd Gen logo

high quality Gate slot pad rubber car cup mat/pad non slip mat 14pcs For Honda Fit/Jazz 2nd Generation 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 -in Anti-Slip Mat from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

and the second link has the 1st Gen logo with the dot, but says it is for the second gen Fit.

Free shipping 19pcs Set Gate Slot Pad Car Door Non slip Anti slip Interior Mat For HONDA NEW FIT 2010 2013 2014-in Floor Mats from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

confused? or maybe it doesn't matter which one?
 
  #16  
Old 07-10-2014, 11:28 PM
luismycorreo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 224
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
Seems like a cool item- I might not use all , but it seems worth it even for a few of them.

I noticed the two links provided have different versions of the "Fit" logo.

the first one has the 2nd Gen logo

[URL="http:......com[/URL]

and the second link has the 1st Gen logo with the dot, but says it is for the second gen Fit.

[URL="http://.....[/URL]

confused? or maybe it doesn't matter which one?
Hello Susan

You're right, seems the seller has been update the item, before both links where the same 14 pieces ... now the 2nd one have the 1st gen logo and 19 pieces

Luis
 
  #17  
Old 07-11-2014, 12:10 AM
sooznd's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,453
Originally Posted by luismycorreo View Post
Hello Susan

You're right, seems the seller has been update the item, before both links where the same 14 pieces ... now the 2nd one have the 1st gen logo and 19 pieces

Luis
Luis
When I looked at more detail the cheaper set with the 1st Gen log ($14.98) says it is rubber. The $17.99 set is silicone. I ordered this one- was curious about the glowing- thought it might be cool at night

door gate slot pad/mat tank gasket cup luminous non slip pads 14pcs For Honda Fit/Jazz 2nd Generation 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012-in Mounts & Holder from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com
 
  #18  
Old 07-11-2014, 12:16 AM
luismycorreo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 224
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
Luis
When I looked at more detail the cheaper set with the 1st Gen log ($14.98) says it is rubber. The $17.99 set is silicone. I ordered this one- was curious about the glowing- thought it might be cool at night

door gate slot pad/mat tank gasket cup luminous non slip pads 14pcs For Honda Fit/Jazz 2nd Generation 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012-in Mounts & Holder from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com
Yeah, must be nice those pads glowing in the dark... please let us know your impressions and post some pictures

Luis
 
  #19  
Old 08-21-2014, 03:57 PM
sooznd's Avatar
Member
5 Year Member
iTrader: (3)
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 1,453
Luis
I finally got my set of silicone pads-- took nearly a month to ship from China- don't know if that is normal or not. Seems like other items I have bought on ebay that were shipped form China took less time.

They are nice quality! They will save me from needing to clean the dust out of these spaces, too.

Since I have an armrest - there was an extra pad, so I used it on the right center front cupholder-even though the pad was squarish- it fit pretty well in the round cupholder. I have my GPS mount in the driver side front cupholder..

will post photos when I can
 
  #20  
Old 08-21-2014, 10:09 PM
luismycorreo's Avatar
Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 224
Originally Posted by sooznd View Post
Luis
I finally got my set of silicone pads-- took nearly a month to ship from China- don't know if that is normal or not. Seems like other items I have bought on eba..............S mount in the driver side front cupholder..

will post photos when I can
Waiting for your pictures....

Luis
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Silicone pad/mat for doors and cups holders (GE-8)


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.