2nd Gen GE8 Specific Fit Interior Modifications Sub-Forum Threads discussing interior modifications for the 2nd generation GE8 Honda Fit

Cargo Tray

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 11:10 AM
Cargo Tray

Unlike some trunk trays I’ve had in the before, this one really does fit with vey little gap around the edges.

A trunk tray is an important thing to have. If a gallon of milk spills in your trunk on the way home from the grocery store, a trunk tray will be the difference between cleaning a mess and smelling sour milk for the life of your car.

This tray comes rolled up. It flattens out quickly, but the tray has a folded edge that has to be coaxed into position and takes a couple days before it will stay on its own. Once it does, this is a well fitting trunk tray that offers good protection from dirt and spills.

Old 12-24-2014, 11:18 AM
5 Year Member
Yep, been buying cargo trays the past few years and they really do save the car!!

Old 12-24-2014, 06:15 PM
I'm curious how the Weathertech tray compares to the OEM one - the OEM is a good deal cheaper, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to pay a premium for the WT.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cranraspberry
I'm curious how the Weathertech tray compares to the OEM one - the OEM is a good deal cheaper, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to pay a premium for the WT.
Does Weathertech have a cargo tray for the 2015 Fit? I knew they came out with floor trays, at least for the front, but I had not heard about a cargo tray yet.

Old 12-24-2014, 06:22 PM
Yep, it was available when I ordered the mats last week: 2015 Honda Fit | WeatherTech Custom Cargo Liners Cargo Mat | WeatherTech.com
They do call it a "liner", so that's a little confusing, but the photos clearly show a tray.

Old 12-24-2014, 08:02 PM
5 Year Member
Question

Originally Posted by themechanic

Unlike some trunk trays I’ve had in the before, this one really does fit with vey little gap around the edges.

A trunk tray is an important thing to have. If a gallon of milk spills in your trunk on the way home from the grocery store, a trunk tray will be the difference between cleaning a mess and smelling sour milk for the life of your car.

This tray comes rolled up. It flattens out quickly, but the tray has a folded edge that has to be coaxed into position and takes a couple days before it will stay on its own. Once it does, this is a well fitting trunk tray that offers good protection from dirt and spills.
@TheMechanic... Ok, I'm confused... Which Cargo Tray are you posting about? The Honda OEM or the weathertech that subsequent posters brought up? Is that your photo attached? Curious what the Weathertech one looks like installed... Thx!

Old 12-24-2014, 09:35 PM
I purchased the Honda OEM cargo liner and was underwhelmed. I was expecting it to be made out of a thicker material. It is made out of a thin plastic that reminded me of the stuff they make cheap Halloween masks out of. IMO, I would have been fine with it if it cost $50. I searched around and paid less than dealer cost but it still wasn't a great value.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by Synycyl
I purchased the Honda OEM cargo liner and was underwhelmed. I was expecting it to be made out of a thicker material. It is made out of a thin plastic that reminded me of the stuff they make cheap Halloween masks out of. IMO, I would have been fine with it if it cost $50. I searched around and paid less than dealer cost but it still wasn't a great value.
Thanks for the update - looks like it might be worth it to pay more for WT. I will however be the first to admit that their shipping charges kill me every time.

Old 12-27-2014, 04:41 PM
5 Year Member
i went green and recycled the cargo mat from my kia. the fit is "good enough".

Old 12-27-2014, 07:43 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by rodney
i went green and recycled the cargo mat from my kia. the fit is "good enough".

So now it's a Kia-Fit? lol

Cool that it works.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:51 PM
Not a fan of cargo trays but I did find a neat product by Rubbermaid. It allows you to put packages in so they don't fall over, it's kind of like a bucket.

It works great!