2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Looking for advice on stock exhaust for SC fit.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2021, 02:09 PM
Looking for advice on stock exhaust for SC fit.

I know there's a lot of resources for aftermarket exhausts for boosted fits. My particular interest is in finding an cat back exhaust for my supercharged fit that sounds relatively close to stock, while not hindering performance. The reason being is that my current setup is way too loud and has too much vibrations coming into the cabin and I can't have a conversation on the freeway with my soft spoken wife. I originally chose this setup as the Yonaka exhaust was touted to be somewhat quiet while still having a nice sound (which is true for stock header/cat/b pipe). After installing the Speedlabs catless header/b pipe the fit got....loud. My current Yonaka cat back setup affords about 50mm (~1.97 in) throughout the length of the exhaust. After doing some research I realized I should have at least around 60mm (~2.25 in) considering my current supercharged setup provides around 170hp (it might actually do more, exhaust is probably holding me back).

For the time being I'm going to remove the Yonaka axle back muffler and slap back on the OEM muffler while keeping the rest of the exhaust intact. I believe the stock fit muffler is around ~42mm so I'm going to lose some power there I think.

Is my only option to go full custom exhaust? Are there any cat backs out there that are around 60mm, with a muffler that is relatively quiet? Am I going to have to hunt for an 60mm OEM muffler from another Honda to get this done, if it even fits the fit? Thanks in advance.

My current exhaust setup is shown below.

Speedlabs Performance One piece catless header + B-pipe (it's all one piece)

Yonoka catback exhaust