2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

'09ers Unite

Old 08-27-2008, 01:12 AM
Thumbs up '09ers Unite

In the face of unyielding waves of criticism, hate, and jealousy, we, the proud few, must unite and stand strong! Do not let the detractors petty jealousy or pathetic jabs deter you. Ours is a beautiful and magnificent car, defying the laws of space by being a subcompact outside and a light truck within. With her sleek and silky lines, voluptuous tires, and contemporary interior, what mortal being can resist? Rise above the crowd my friends and take your place among the elite!

Yeah, I know. I don't take myself that seriously. Just getting sick and tired of people bitching and fussing how their '08 is sooo much better. Don't dismiss a car if you don't like it. Your opinion about a steering wheel or the color of buttons doesn’t matter to anyone else but yourself. To give an opinion is fine, but to dismiss the vehicle entirely, and continue to post the same thing over and over, doesn't sit well with me. This is FitFreaks.. we all love Fits!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:17 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
^^^First Post Ever!

lol ....Welcome to FitFreak Can barely wait for #2, lol

errr... ignore my sig!

Old 08-27-2008, 01:29 AM
RubberBabyBuggyBumpers
07 OG's STAND UP lol

Old 08-27-2008, 01:32 AM
the first is always the best..the second not so much

Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
Still... so much anticipation

Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 AM
sound the same

Originally Posted by morrell
In the face of unyielding waves of criticism, hate, and jealousy, we, the proud few, must unite and stand strong! Do not let the detractors petty jealousy or pathetic jabs deter you. Ours is a beautiful and magnificent car, defying the laws of space by being a subcompact outside and a light truck within. With her sleek and silky lines, voluptuous tires, and contemporary interior, what mortal being can resist? Rise above the crowd my friends and take your place among the elite!

Yeah, I know. I don't take myself that seriously. Just getting sick and tired of people bitching and fussing how their '08 is sooo much better. Don't dismiss a car if you don't like it. Your opinion about a steering wheel or the color of buttons doesn’t matter to anyone else but yourself. To give an opinion is fine, but to dismiss the vehicle entirely, and continue to post the same thing over and over, doesn't sit well with me. This is FitFreaks.. we all love Fits!
I own an 08 and, from the pictures, bet I'll like the 09 just as well. They're different and each will have advantages and weaknesses! From your second paragraph you sound every bit as petty as the 09 haters!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 AM
Elitists will always ride their high horse and assume the first is always the best, but the reality is that Honda (like any auto maker) will never be able to please everyone all the time. The '09's drastic styling changes just give them something to gripe about. Just wait until we see the 4th generation of the Fit; these same people will love it so much that they'll question what Honda was thinking with the three models before it.

While I don't care for the new design myself I'd never bash it. As mentioned, it's still a Fit, and I'll keep giving the smile and peace sign to drivers of both the old and new model

Old 08-27-2008, 09:19 AM
I may have bought one but when I found out that the new car had no spare tire I decided to pass on it for an 08'.
Good luck with your new car!

Old 08-27-2008, 09:35 AM
5 Year Member
It does have a spare, check the 09 spy thread...

Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by HarumaN
It does have a spare, check the 09 spy thread...
My Canadian dealer told me no spare is fitted.
Is he wrong? Why would he have the wrong info? Canadian/U.S differences again?

Old 08-27-2008, 10:44 AM
Push My Button
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ricohman
I may have bought one but when I found out that the new car had no spare tire I decided to pass on it for an 08'.
Good luck with your new car!
New pics out show it does have a spare now

I think a lot of people are under that impression, we will find out in Sept when it gets released here

Old 08-27-2008, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
According to the 2009 fit manual, the Canadian manual tranny version has a spare, but the automatic has a tire repair kit to save weight.

Old 08-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by 7red7
Elitists will always ride their high horse and assume the first is always the best, but the reality is that Honda (like any auto maker) will never be able to please everyone all the time. The '09's drastic styling changes just give them something to gripe about. Just wait until we see the 4th generation of the Fit; these same people will love it so much that they'll question what Honda was thinking with the three models before it.

While I don't care for the new design myself I'd never bash it. As mentioned, it's still a Fit, and I'll keep giving the smile and peace sign to drivers of both the old and new model
I second that and raise you 1 '08 Fit and 1 '09 Fit!

The '09 Fit IMO is hot and sporty no doubt...in fact if I hadn't already purchased an '08 - I would probably purchase the '09. With that said, I do prefer the '08 styling. It looks more boxy/square to me - which I prefer. I also really like the color inserts included around the front turn signal and headlights.

No matter what year styling one likes - there all GREAT - if for no other reason - they are all FITS after all.

Long live the FIT!!

Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 AM
bahhh.. make your own forum!

unless you're going to start a "gd3 conversion DIY" thread ;-)

:-P

Old 08-27-2008, 11:29 AM
Administrator
5 Year Member
we don't hate the car. it's a honda, duh. what SOME of us dislike are the changes made in styling.

It's a Honda....be happy

Old 08-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Retired Moderator
Welcome to the forum man.

I would hate to see the forum get seperated because you like that one and he likes this one..They are both great cars, both are basically the same thing in a nut shell. Both Hondas, Both subcompacts, both tons of space, both fun to drive, and most importantly BOTH FITS!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
Official Fit Blogger of FitFreak
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by morrell

wow, you must have some self esteem problems. your ownership
days will be very very long. cause you may get the
real crap from normal folks.

personally the 09's arent that bad.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator
LOL at your first post, sounds like your trying to get a uprising of the 09's Ill have to say the 09s are starting to grow on me, I wont realy have a good Idea of what I think of them until I see one in person though. I try not to hate though because we all get enough of that from none Fit owners

Old 08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
5 Year Member
Welcome to the thread! Should make for some fun discussion.

Old 08-27-2008, 03:05 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Hondasforlife
Is that so?

CR-X

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: '09ers Unite