2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OMG, pics and a video of the ORANGE fit inside!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
OH Snap!!!!!!!!!!! Now that looks completely different than the first pics n the front page
Different lighting, different car. Orange 51% > Purple 49%. Gonna give myself a week to decide.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Retired Moderator
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
Different lighting, different car. Orange 51% > Purple 49%. Gonna give myself a week to decide.
I think I just made up my mind

Old 09-05-2008, 10:56 PM
I think I just made up my mind
I think my week is already up!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:07 PM
5 Year Member
not bad lookin fit but like the VW baja in front of it

Old 09-05-2008, 11:10 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by WiggumS2K

Doesn't look too bad....
thanks for this pic... it looks pretty awesome, and definitely brings out the lines nicely

as for those big triangular windows under the a pillar, a nice dark tint would make all the difference

Old 09-06-2008, 12:41 AM
OH Snap!!!!!!!!!!! Now that looks completely different than the first pics n the front page
Agreed. I'm now liking the orange a whole lot better. I was all set on white. Damn!

Old 09-07-2008, 01:33 PM
very sexiee!

Old 09-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fat Ping Cat
rude.

but yeah i installed some jdm tails and took some pics because i wanted to switch it up

i'd have to say they are definitely different colors but still in the same family. i like them both
Wasn't trying to be rude, but that photo of the 2 guys was rreally grossing me out... I like the new sig photo MUCH better....

And if I were going to buy a 2009 - I think it'd be Orange Revvvvvvolution!!! FTW

Old 09-07-2008, 03:38 PM
guys, it DOES NOT look that orange. his camera must be on VIVID mode. I am looking at the orange outside from my window. I'll take more pics now, in the sun.

Old 09-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by redhatyellow2
guys, it DOES NOT look that orange. his camera must be on VIVID mode. I am looking at the orange outside from my window. I'll take more pics now, in the sun.
Hurry man, grab the camera and get to it. The fate of the world hangs in the balance!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:21 PM
New video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EbQ1xrMjkk

Looks good in the sun.

Last edited by redhatyellow2; 09-07-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 04:29 PM
[quote=redhatyellow2;418903]Looks good in the sun.[quote]

Kudos on a job well done and thanks so much for all your efforts!!

Old 09-07-2008, 04:34 PM
Love the Second Gen...might have to upgrade in a couple of years , but I like my BOM for now. I've only had mine going on three months so I'm still enjoying the new on my '08.

Also guys, the BOM does have a coppery hue to it in certain light situations. The first time I saw a BOM I didn't notice it so much and honestly was leaning towards MR or VBP. But when I saw it in full sunlight, it sold me. Its a beautiful color that takes on a different color depending the light or shade much like BP. Its beautiful in full sun.

Old 09-07-2008, 04:45 PM
5 Year Member
Is the owner feeling stalked yet? I think if I were the owner, I'd be downstairs scheduling a press conference to answer all your questions... hehe.

Thanks for taking another video, though. It's still beautiful. And I think the 2 colors look 180 from each other. The new one is yelloworange where the old one had more red and brown in it.

Last edited by Juliane; 09-07-2008 at 04:47 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 09-07-2008, 05:42 PM
haha. i really don't care what the owner thinks.

wow, the color looks amazing. you have to see it in person to truly appreciate it.

it looks like BOTH gold (in light) and copper.

Old 09-07-2008, 05:50 PM
haha. i really don't care what the owner thinks. wow, the color looks amazing. you have to see it in person to truly appreciate it. it looks like BOTH gold (in light) and copper.
In your opinion, is the new orange a color you'd grow tired of after a couple years (versus something you could live with for the long haul)? I know that's a terribly subjective question, but you're one of the only ones who's seen it "live." My local dealer may have one this week, and I'm chomping at the bit to see it in person. Thanks again for your exceptional undercover work!

Old 09-07-2008, 05:56 PM
5 Year Member
I haven't seen it live but it seems to have that 2-tone quality that the BBP has - it goes from gold to copper to orange. I would not get tired of it. I think it's breathtaking. Much more dimensional than the BOM.

Old 09-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Silly Monkey
In your opinion, is the new orange a color you'd grow tired of after a couple years (versus something you could live with for the long haul)? I know that's a terribly subjective question, but you're one of the only ones who's seen it "live." My local dealer may have one this week, and I'm chomping at the bit to see it in person. Thanks again for your exceptional undercover work!
it's more of a gold color. it really is beautiful in sunlight. if you live in a place that isnt very sunny, though, it becomes a darker copper'ish color. still nice. i think this is the second best color behind BBP for the '09.

im a huge BBP and VBP fan, but this orange color is making me want it..... only thing is my neighbor has it already. i cant get it now!!

Old 09-07-2008, 07:34 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the additional vid and pics! That vid showed it alright. That's more like it!! Nice and bright, and it has multiple shades going on depending on light, angle and contour.

Nice car!

Old 09-08-2008, 01:31 AM
it's more of a gold color. it really is beautiful in sunlight. if you live in a place that isnt very sunny, though, it becomes a darker copper'ish color. still nice. i think this is the second best color behind BBP for the '09.

im a huge BBP and VBP fan, but this orange color is making me want it..... only thing is my neighbor has it already. i cant get it now!!
Hoping to see an OR this week here in metro Detroit, and I'll be sure to bestow everyone with my humble opinion. So far, I'm diggin' OR.

Quick Reply: OMG, pics and a video of the ORANGE fit inside!