2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Bay Area Fits at MSRP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Bay Area Fits at MSRP?

Hi Everyone,
Has anyone in the Bay Area (preferably San Jose, Sunnyvale etc.) been able to either buy or pre order a 2009 FIT for MSRP? Seems like most dealers I've talked to are charging at least $2K above MSRP, and no one is accepting preorders.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Old 09-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Retired Moderator
Thats definetly going to be tough to find.
My local dealer "Dublin Honda" is charging 4k$ above MSRP lol.
I belive they are taking pre-orders though.
I think if you can find a dealer willing to do 1000$ over MSRP it would be a decent deal.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:25 PM
I searched all over the Bay Area too, from the Peninsula & East Bay down to Monterey. The best deal I came across was in Salinas (Sam Linder Honda) where I ordered mine at $1K over (they're std ADM is $3K on the new Fit). Don't just show up -- put an inquiry through their website to get a response from an internet sales mgr.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:18 PM
5 Year Member
Walnut Creek Honda has a black Sport A/T (no Nav) without any "market adjustment" price gouging, but they added mats, trunk mat, trunk shelf, wheel locks, .......

OK buy if you care for all that!

Ivan

Old 09-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Fa1
Try San Leandro Honda. They have great service, no haggling either.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:44 PM
Banned
Try Val Strough Honda in Seaside (Monterey)- they only sell at MSRP and don't make you buy any accessories. At least that was the case in '06/'07 when I bought my '07 Fit from them. But, "nothing is as certain as change".

Old 09-04-2008, 07:10 PM
5 Year Member
Internet quotes

I second San Leandro Honda's customer service! Great people!

Unfortunately it comes down to availability for the most part!

Dave is right Val Strough is great too. I worked for KARR alarm almost a decade ago and worked with quite a few of the Bay Area dealers. Keep in mind that GSM's move from dealer to dealer and so is the pricing policy. Now days more and more private dealerships are being taken over by large corporations in which commissions as we know them are becoming a thing of the past. They are now salaried employees with small commissions for motivation. Some therefore allow MSRP's while others would like your arm and a leg and from the next guy and from the next guy and so on to make that small commission larger!

Hit any dealer in your driving range for an internet quote, but do not forget to insist on availability info! Internet quotes are MSRP or below without any negotiations and you get to see where pricing and a break is!
Of course FIT is going to be a hard find when you start seeking color, tranny, options, etc.

San Leandro internet sales manager could not help me for the Fit (I got a Civic from them just prior!) since they had none I cared for coming, but she shared with me detailed info for all red '07's arriving to the State of California at the time! I nailed closest one to me with that info!

Old 09-05-2008, 04:32 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by bcc1
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone in the Bay Area (preferably San Jose, Sunnyvale etc.) been able to either buy or pre order a 2009 FIT for MSRP? Seems like most dealers I've talked to are charging at least $2K above MSRP, and no one is accepting preorders.

Thanks in advance for your replies!
No markups on mine... Avery Green in Vallejo CA
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...yesterday.html

Only one they had... next one will be in two weeks.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:49 AM
No markups here in Davis (not quite the Bay, I know). I haven't officially bought yet, but I was quoted at MSRP. How many other "add-ons" they try to throw at me is yet to be seen though. I will be dropping in tomorrow to hash out the details.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:06 AM
I had a good experience at Autowest Honda here in Fremont. I approached them through the internet, the sales manager contacted me, very little haggling over price, and I was out and in my new Fit in under 3 hours.

I dealt mostly with a gentleman named Steve Fields, sales manager. Very cool guy.

This was back in May, though, just before the feeding frenzy started on the Fit. They will probably be more insistent upon dealer markup, roughly $1,500 over MSRP. Best thing to do is go through the internet, give em a price you want to pay and go from there.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:42 PM
capitol honda in san jose has an auto sport in storm silver today for 1k over invoice if u want it.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:43 PM
Fa1
How much is that over MSRP?

Old 09-12-2008, 04:45 PM
For Bay Area, we have been using Cartelligent for years now. Just got our Fit Sport MT, Milano Red (No Navi, added wheel locks and door edge guards). OTD Price: 16,814 + doc 55 + 1307 tax + lic 192+ Cartelligent broker fee 300 = 18,668

They're super easy to deal with. We had our car a week after calling them.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:04 PM
5 Year Member
As someone who's been searching for an '09 Fit at MSRP in the Bay Area since they came out, I can tell you it won't be easy, unless you wait for prices to come down, or are willing to drive a bit.

I got quotes from about 30 dealers in the area. Here were my 5 best quotes:
  1. Val Strough Honda ($200 under MSRP)
  2. San Leandro Honda (MSRP)
  3. Avery Greene Honda (MSRP)
  4. Livermore Honda (MSRP)
  5. Redwood City Honda (MSRP + cost of forced accessories)
The funny part was, after all my searching and waiting, I ended up buying from Capitol Honda in San Jose, even though they quoted me $1K over. On the last day in September, they called me 2 hours before close, because they had to move a few more cars to meet their numbers.

I got my 2009 Honda Fit Sport Automatic at MSRP, with about $300 worth of accessories thrown in for free.

My advice: know what you want, shop around, use the internet departments, and be patient. Good luck!

Old 10-02-2008, 10:07 PM
Retired Moderator
Very very helpful posts.
+Rep.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
Just orderd 2009 Fit TW Navi AT, comes all season mats, aluminum pedals and lifetime oil changes but no wheel locks for $19430 plus tax and lic $21296.44 at Mike Harvey Honda in Burlingame.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by skygunnerblue
As someone who's been searching for an '09 Fit at MSRP in the Bay Area since they came out, I can tell you it won't be easy, unless you wait for prices to come down, or are willing to drive a bit.

I got quotes from about 30 dealers in the area. Here were my 5 best quotes:
  1. Val Strough Honda ($200 under MSRP)
  2. San Leandro Honda (MSRP)
  3. Avery Greene Honda (MSRP)
  4. Livermore Honda (MSRP)
  5. Redwood City Honda (MSRP + cost of forced accessories)
The funny part was, after all my searching and waiting, I ended up buying from Capitol Honda in San Jose, even though they quoted me $1K over. On the last day in September, they called me 2 hours before close, because they had to move a few more cars to meet their numbers.

I got my 2009 Honda Fit Sport Automatic at MSRP, with about $300 worth of accessories thrown in for free.

My advice: know what you want, shop around, use the internet departments, and be patient. Good luck!
hmmm...Did you buy it from Hung???LOL

Old 10-05-2008, 02:34 AM
5 Year Member
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by hungdaddy
Aaah! My dealer found me online!
Seriously though, if you're looking for one in the bay area, get in touch with Hung at Capitol Honda. I got the price I was looking for without the hassle I got at many other dealerships.

Old 10-05-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by skygunnerblue
Aaah! My dealer found me online!
Seriously though, if you're looking for one in the bay area, get in touch with Hung at Capitol Honda. I got the price I was looking for without the hassle I got at many other dealerships.
Originally Posted by hungdaddy

hey hung!! you sold me (ctbmac) and vinh tran our fits too!!

Old 10-05-2008, 02:54 AM
My gf bought her Fit from Hung a few months ago. Crazy.

Quick Reply: Bay Area Fits at MSRP?