2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Love People Like White On This Car I Will Never Know

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 05:36 AM
Why Love People Like White On This Car I Will Never Know

Unless you like the Prius look I just don't get it. Lets face it, this car is not designed with spectacular lines, it does look funky however. Kinda like the Mini Cooper (I owned one) Since they are funky cars one would tend to "go funky" and get a color that accents the strange lines as opposed to making them disappear. I sold a 2007 Yaris 2 months ago and that white 2009 reminds me EXACTLY of my Yaris. Just my 2 cents.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 AM
I don't see anything wrong liking it in white. If I'm buying an '09, it will be white.

Old 09-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by SlavetotheHonda
Unless you like the Prius look I just don't get it. Lets face it, this car is not designed with spectacular lines, it does look funky however. Kinda like the Mini Cooper (I owned one) Since they are funky cars one would tend to "go funky" and get a color that accents the strange lines as opposed to making them disappear. I sold a 2007 Yaris 2 months ago and that white 2009 reminds me EXACTLY of my Yaris. Just my 2 cents.

Here's a hint, just for you.

You ready for it??

(I suggest you don't buy a white one!)

Problem solved!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:23 AM
What is even more crazy was this guy who came on here a month or two ago posting multiple threads about how he bought the 08 Fit Base to save money for more fun stuff and that the Sport was a waste of money. Now he just sold the 08 Fit and is now buying a 09 Fit Sport. Crazy stuff right there!

Old 09-05-2008, 09:52 AM
White and silver are the most popular colors for any car in the WORLD. Something like over half of cars sold are those 2 colors. Then black, then other colors like blue, red, green etc..

Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 AM
I <3 SPOON
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ProMed
What is even more crazy was this guy who came on here a month or two ago posting multiple threads about how he bought the 08 Fit Base to save money for more fun stuff and that the Sport was a waste of money. Now he just sold the 08 Fit and is now buying a 09 Fit Sport. Crazy stuff right there!
omg lol
This guy is whining about the color white.
Sounds like a chick bitchin to me

Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 AM
tw ftw.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:35 AM
To Each His or Her Own In Terms of Color

Frankly I was shocked that most preferred it but everyone has different preferences. I live in Florida so white would be nice. IMHO certain cars look great in white and for others it doesn't work. My PERSONAL opinion is that the white gives it a Prius look. If you don't agree thats your perogative. As mentioned, this is a "funky" car and I prefer "funky" colors that "scream" a bit more.
I got such a good deal on my 2008 (889.00 under invoice) that I grabbed it quick and although it was Silver it did hide the dirt and wasn't one of the more "feminine" colors. After looking over numbers I will be out roughly 2K right now but when I trade or sell in 2-3 years I know damn well an 08 is not going to be as desirable as the newly designed car. Flame all you like! I am very pleased with my overall deal at MSRP and the free goodies I am being given not to mention the trade value given. Great dealer, in fact one of the best in over 20 years.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
White stays looking clean for longer

I've always liked white cars myself, and it seems like white cars look cleaner for longer than darker colors. And white doesn't go out of style like some funky colors will.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:40 AM
White is the quintessential Honda color, and the Fit is the quintessential Honda. Makes sense to me!

Old 09-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Interesting article on car colors...

http://www.roadandtravel.com/autonew...ogyofColor.htm

...and this paragraph is very applicable...

"Europeans shun white, but Americans, especially in the Sunbelt, like it. The Japanese associate white with luxury, so when Lexus was launched in the United States in 1989, it also launched pearl white, in a calculated message to buyers. Nearly 30 percent of them ordered it. Today Lexus has a rainbow of pearl whites."

I remember reading a similar story in one of the car mags 10 years ago or so and one car designer (seem to recall he was high-end, maybe Italian) said that no car should be available in white because it hides the lines and contours of the design that darker colors bring out. Spoken like an artist.

I think one factor in the popularity of white is that many fleet vehicles are bought in white, so that boosts its numbers.

I was originally planning to get a TW '09, mainly for the practicality aspect in a hot climate, but decided I've already owned a white car and made a color choice not based on practicality (Milano Red).

Last edited by txmatt; 09-05-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 12:21 PM
5 Year Member
I'm personally not a white color guy, but I think the Fit looks great in white. It looks clean and sporty. Plus, white (with black trim everywhere) is hot in European cars right now.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Color is so subjective. As they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. If everyone agreed on the same color, it'd be a pretty boring world.

I personally think white works extremely well on the fit, especially with some tinted windows and aftermarket rims. I, too, think the Fit looks great in vibrant colors, however, I wouldn't necessarily consider Tidewater Blue, Blue Sensation, Crystal Black, Storm Silver, Blackberry Pearl, or Milano Red vibrant. Revolution Orange may be vibrant, though I've yet to see it "live." I'm personally surprised that Honda discontinued the Vivid Blue and replaced it with Blue Sensation. Given the car's diminutive stature, I think Honda should be a bit more daring and offer a few bolder, fun colors (e.g., yellow).

Below is a quote from an article in USA Today regarding white:

After seven years leading the pack, silver has given up its title as the most popular vehicle color in North America, losing out by a small margin to white and pearl white, according to a study done by DuPont Automotive Systems. White's rise in popularity is a sign that some new color, possibly red, blue or black, will emerge as North America's favorite hue in the next year or so, DuPont says. In the 55 years that DuPont, which manufactures vehicle paints, has released the study, white usually emerges as a favorite for a year or two in between changing trends. According to the study, white also has become popular in Japan and Mexico. Black is most popular in Europe. And in China, buyers prefer black and silver almost equally. In South Korea and Brazil, drivers still prefer silver by a wide margin.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by waraeor
Plus, white (with black trim everywhere) is hot in European cars right now.
That's so true. Every magazine article I see lately features white examples of the Gallardo, M3 (awesome with carbon fibre roof), R8, Porsche etc. Seems odd for sports cars, but it's definitely the trend.

Old 09-05-2008, 02:39 PM
White could easily rule the streets...

Originally Posted by Pirelli P Zero
White is the quintessential Honda color, and the Fit is the quintessential Honda. Makes sense to me!
Oh yeah...I like that! I wouldn't mind owning a white '09!! Classy looking in my opinion.

I do agree that the "funkiness" the Fit lends itself to - really does wear funky colors well! I think the Milano Red and Revolution Orange are my favs!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Fa1
White ftmfw! If only I got an 07...

Old 09-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Honda's sportier cars always came in white, the older version was 'Championship White." the Integra type R, Civic type R, etc were available in Championship white (sometimes only white.)

so, it's a Honda/JDM thing too. do a google image search on "championship white" and check out all the Honda sweetness.

Old 09-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
Some people buy it for the extra visibility you get, especially at night. It's like vanilla ice cream - most people like vanilla too.

I usually don't like cars in white, but my opinion is that the Fit looks great in ANY color. The best color? The one YOU like!

Old 09-05-2008, 03:12 PM
Fa1
It was honda's original f1 racing colors (with red).

Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 PM
To the original poster: why do you insist on making entire threads about nonsense? "I think the sport is a waste of money I'm gonna buy jetskis instead... oh now i'm trading it in for a sport, white is for prius drivers" I think you like attention honestly, or maybe deep down you really did want white and when the dealer couldn't get you one you had to bash it just like you did the sport.

Quick Reply: Why Love People Like White On This Car I Will Never Know