2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

GE8 Navi and steering wheel pics!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:54 PM
Frequent FitFreak Poster
GE8 Navi and steering wheel pics!

Went to a local dealer showroom, snapped a few pictures of the Navigation system and the steering wheel.
For those who haven't seen one, what do you think? I think the layout/design looks clean and simple. I like it.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:21 PM
Ahh, so it does have a 3.5mm Aux input ... it's down low. I think that's a better location for it than the non-Nav stereo.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:32 PM
5 Year Member
it doesnt look as nice as what the showroom pictures are.

i would of thought it was more flush...

Old 09-09-2008, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
The Navi unit looks like a retro-fitted unit. I'm not saying it looks bad, it's just the non-Navi radio by comparison looks much more integrated with the dash.

But I do wish I had the radio controls for the steering wheel. It makes a Big difference.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member
its ok... i dont like the stuff below the navi

Old 09-09-2008, 08:51 PM
I really like the leather/si steering wheel, i wonder if its swappable with the base model's without costing an arm and leg.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:20 PM
Would love to have the steering wheel in my (soon to be here) non-nav sport. But, alas, it's not to be. I can't see paying nearly $2k for steering wheel audio controls. Maybe I should get to the gym to build up my right bicep to have more strength to change the volume

Old 09-09-2008, 09:36 PM
5 Year Member
Very nice, and I like the aux input location way better than the one on the non-navi model. I must say that the only bad thing about the interior is the big ass slider for the fresh/recirculated air. Why not just make it a little button?

Old 09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
I must say that the only bad thing about the interior is the big ass slider for the fresh/recirculated air. Why not just make it a little button?
I thought I was the only one who noticed the air circulation slider. I read a review in one of the major mags that said it looked like Honda pulled it from a parts bin from the '80s. The JDM version that I saw had a push-button setup. Not sure why little things like this were overlooked -- same goes for the steering wheel mounted audio controls on the non-navi. Perhaps Honda pushed the envelope all they could to keep the cost down in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if little stuff like this will migrate from Europe and Asia over the next few years.

Old 09-09-2008, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
The fresh/recirculated air slider works as a mixer. You can adjust how much fresh air you want. You can't really do that with a button.
I love the look of the navi!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:06 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 09 Fit
The fresh/recirculated air slider works as a mixer. You can adjust how much fresh air you want. You can't really do that with a button.
I love the look of the navi!
A whole new manual vs. automatic debate!

Old 09-10-2008, 02:44 AM
What are the two buttons in the lower left on the steering wheel?

Old 09-10-2008, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by samsvoc
What are the two buttons in the lower left on the steering wheel?
its the bluetooth controls.

Old 09-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Thanks. I guess bluetooth only comes with the Navi option.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:08 AM
5 Year Member
our '09 sport doesn't have Nav - - we have a TomTom 720 - - one thing I read was that the glare on the screen due to the angle, etc., almost makes it impossible to see/use in some situations ????

Old 09-10-2008, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by koolkevin1107
Incorrect. There is no bluetooth in the fit. The top one is the voice command button for the navigation, and the other button is a back button for the navi system. It does the same thing as hitting cancel on the screen, and it takes you back to the previous screen. Why do people seem to think this car has bluetooth?

Old 09-10-2008, 07:06 AM
is the navi in the Fit work like the expensive ones were it says "turn on maple street" or is it like some cheap ones that say "turn in 200 feet". I have heard honda uses both depending on which car it is.

Old 09-10-2008, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Silly Monkey
Would love to have the steering wheel in my (soon to be here) non-nav sport. But, alas, it's not to be. I can't see paying nearly $2k for steering wheel audio controls. Maybe I should get to the gym to build up my right bicep to have more strength to change the volume
Do you mean that the price difference between non-Nav and Nav Sport is $2k, or that replace the non-Nav steering wheel would cost $2k? I really hope the latter is possible but not if it costs that much!

Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by wongnog
Do you mean that the price difference between non-Nav and Nav Sport is $2k, or that replace the non-Nav steering wheel would cost $2k? I really hope the latter is possible but not if it costs that much!
I was being a bit tongue in cheek. As you probably know, the steering wheel controls come bundled with navi (as well as VSA), which list for $1850. Right now Honda doesn't offer a replacement non-navi steering with inetrated audio controls that can be purchased through their parts/accessories network. I spoke with College Hills Honda about the possibility of purchasing a navi steering wheel to replace the stock sport wheel. Since the navi wheel has inegrated navigation controls as well as audio controls, it might not work. Also, one would have to purchase a wiring harness or rewire the upgrade, which may or may not run into problems. He also mentioned that the stock radio might not have this functionality, but he wasn't 100% sure. It is entirely possible, and probable, that Honda will offer audio controls standard on the '10 Sport, but that doesn't guarantee a simple fix. And finally, there's the price issue of such a retrofit, which could run up a healthy tab in a hurry. I hope that there's some way to upgrade in the future, but I'm not banking on it

Old 09-10-2008, 08:58 AM
5 Year Member
see people, this is why non navi owners don't need a kit to install a double or single din aftermarket unit. You just buy this trim panel from Honda and you'll be golden.

Thanks for the pics!

Quick Reply: GE8 Navi and steering wheel pics!