2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Regret buying Fit!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by EMC2
I'm comparing both GD1 and GD2 to the Mazda 3 Sport GX. Mazda 3 Sport GX, in my opinion, beats them both in terms of styling, performance and value. As far as reliability (which is also very important), I agree that the Fit will probably be more reliable than the Mazda.

The '91 Integra is still my all time favourite car. It had timeless styling/design, a high quality interior, a high quality sounding engine. Plus, it had bullet-proof reliability. Wish they still made them... I would buy another one!
If you want to compare Mazda3 with Honda cars, you should have compared it with Civic not Fit.

Mazda just does not bring most of their lines up here. If you want to compare Honda fit, check out Mazda Veriza or Demio. Then talk again about it here. I don't think I would choose both Mazda cars over fit.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:19 PM
5 Year Member
I regret buying my Fit only because they have a Hybrid model coming. Only problem is I didn't have the luxury to wait. I don't let regret cloud my mind however. I am happy with my Fit. If I keep thinking about whats coming down the pipe regarding newer models and different brands I'd go bald from stress and never end up buying anything. Live for the moment, buy what you think is best (keyword think, in otherwords what makes you happy at the time you sign the papers), then move on. You'll be much happier. Don't get caught up in the whole the grass is greener on the other side mentallity.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:21 PM
In the past, i've never compared mazda3 and fit. Different class, different purpose, different price.

But now that the mazda3 GX hatch is in the same price range as fit sport (canada at least) I think its worth comparing them. At least for those on the fence and considering all options.

I've compared them and I like the fit

Old 09-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by gimme
blah blah blah. you jumped the gun now you are blaming canada
thats a South Park song for a reason ya know

Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 PM
5 Year Member
you know my buddy actually has a mazda 3. and he loves my car so much more.

his car gets hated on...my car gets all the girls.

i mean tuning possibilities im sure our fits can outweigh a mazda 3.
the only thing that would be greater then the fit is the SPEED3.

but everything else the mazda 3 is horrible. i mean the gas sucks, its not THAT comfy. it feels like a huge TANK. you have huge blind spots, because its so long. i dont know.

im not being biased...but the fit is the BEST bang for your buck.

Old 09-15-2008, 06:41 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by FITrunner
I regret buying my Fit only because they have a Hybrid model coming. Only problem is I didn't have the luxury to wait. I don't let regret cloud my mind however. I am happy with my Fit. If I keep thinking about whats coming down the pipe regarding newer models and different brands I'd go bald from stress and never end up buying anything. Live for the moment, buy what you think is best (keyword think, in otherwords what makes you happy at the time you sign the papers), then move on. You'll be much happier. Don't get caught up in the whole the grass is greener on the other side mentallity.
Sorry to break the news to you all, but Honda recently announced that they decided not to export the Fit Hybrid to N. America after all. So don't wait for it. Get your Fit today!!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:59 PM
5 Year Member
I've looked at all sorts of cars because i want to upgrade from my integra and have seen what they all have to offer. im somewhat of a biased person but i put that behind me when looking for a good car. after a long search i finally realized that i want a fit pretty bad. i really like the styling of them and the fuel economy is definitely something to mention.

honda all the way..

and plus the mazda3 is just too bubbly...

Last edited by drock305; 09-15-2008 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
the reason why i dont own an integra any more. im tired of worrying if my car is going to be in the parking spot that it was where i left it at.

and everyone has integras and civics.
granite the fit is getting more popular. but it will never be like the integras or civics are whatever .

Old 09-15-2008, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by CrystalFiveMT
Sorry to break the news to you all, but Honda recently announced that they decided not to export the Fit Hybrid to N. America after all. So don't wait for it. Get your Fit today!!
Sweet! Means I now have no regrets.

Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 PM
5 Year Member
well i just dont want the teggy anymore because i want a fit.. lol and there are just little things here and there with the car that are starting to bother me about it and go wrong.. nothing too serious but enough to bother me.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:41 PM
I don't really care about Hybrid Fit. The fuel economy of Fit is awesome. I had Honda Jazz (JDM Fit) back then with 1.5L i-DSI (non-Vtec engine) and I like it so much. I chose my Acura CSX because I want a bigger car and eventually will have another Fit GE in the family.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
5 Year Member
if i had the financial means, i would have considered the mazda 3 hatch more seriously.

i do find it funny how horrible some people here say the 3 is, its amazing how fanboy-dom can influence you.

dynamically, that things is pretty much at the top of its class.

maybe thats the reason no one makes parts for it? no room to improve?

i would hardly call it a slug or tank too. 158hp isn't THAT much, i dunno what you people are expecting. and it handles great. the mazda 3 is the fit of c class cars plain and simple.

but compared to the fit it does have its downsides. the interior is only SLIGHTLY nicer than the fits, and i would expect a bit more than that for the price range. (my rabbit on the other hand had the BEST interior for the money and it was only 1k more than the fit but was only a 2 door.)

it doesn't get bad mileage, the mileage is indicative of the engine size. but the fit still does better.

i prefer the steering feel on the fit as well, and ultimately is is more tossable, and will hold its value better.

Old 09-16-2008, 12:11 AM
fanboy

Originally Posted by eldaino
if i had the financial means, i would have considered the mazda 3 hatch more seriously.

i do find it funny how horrible some people here say the 3 is, its amazing how fanboy-dom can influence you.
You should try to be objective in your choices and award the win to the best product, PERIOD! We're all human and have biases and prejudices. The Mazda3 HATCHBACK (not the sedan) was running 21K and got much worse mileage. If the price had been the same I'd probably be driving the Mazda today. Would I have regretted it, I don't know? Is the fit perfect? NO! NO! and NO! Do I love the my 08 Fit? Yes

Old 09-16-2008, 12:20 AM
so you didn't research before spending 18k = you fail at life

Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 AM
5 Year Member
uhm whoever said the mazda 3 hatch is top in its class is dead wrong, i've driven the car and the handling is not dynamic at all, in fact its not anywhere next to the fit, and the car "is heavier," even with a 2 litre engine it didnt feel quick at all, im not saying the fit is a race car but it wasnt as if it would blow a fit away...There are many hatches within this class that are far superior than the mazda 3 hatch, including minicooper, and VW rabbits (not the ones assembled in mexico)

Old 09-16-2008, 01:58 AM
I went car shopping for a car in the spring of 07 and I was caught between the Fit and Mazda 3. I didn't like the 07 Fit after all, so I bought the auto Mazda 3 GT. I was okay with the 3 but I noticed that the ride is soooo bumpy and loud. The car feels heavy and when you have the AC on, it's super sluggish. Plus the design is showing it's age. I haven't test driven the 09 Fit yet but it looks like I'll have a "Fit" in my driveway next spring. Goodbye Mazda, Hello Fit.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:40 AM
the original poster/complainer is from Canada and the price of a Mazda3 GX Hatch with A/C and comfort package is actually cheaper than the fit sport.

I guess Mazda Canada wants to compete with the fit?

The price is comparable but it depends on personal preference.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by mega56
the original poster/complainer is from Canada and the price of a Mazda3 GX Hatch with A/C and comfort package is actually cheaper than the fit sport.

I guess Mazda Canada wants to compete with the fit?

The price is comparable but it depends on personal preference.
That is so true!!! I tested drive all my choices when I wanted to buy my car and I went with what I felt in love with.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:41 AM
take it to aj racing and spend the extra money for parts

kthxbye

Old 09-17-2008, 04:07 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Tofuman
I drove the Mazda 3, I think it feels sluggish for how much power it has. plus i don't care for the styling. I'm happy with my Fit.
I agree. I had to be the DD for a bunch of my friends and we took my friends 06 mazda 3 sedan. I hated driving that car! It was slow as hell! It seemed like it took like 10 seconds to get it up to 40 mph. WTF!

Also, funny story. About 3 weeks after I drove that car, my friend and I (in her 3, she was driving) were driving down a rural highway, turned going about 25 mph, hit some gravel, and 360'd into a VERY SMALL, sloped curb.

Broke tie rod, front right wheel completely fell off, wheel hit front fender, fender bent, passenger curtain airbag deployed. The entire A-frame had to be replaced. IT WAS A MESS!!!!

Surprisingly, her insurance did not total it tho. But the total bill was about $4600. And don't ask me how, but her insurance didn't go up!

However, she has had transmission and bearing problems ever since. I told her to contact her insurance company but she just wants to get rid of it tho.

Quick Reply: Regret buying Fit!!