2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stoneshield - worth it on plastic bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 10:36 AM
I have quite a bit experience with the cost of refinishing/repainting my Mazda3 so I do know that it is very expensive! Also, of course, nothing beats the original factory paint job. So, alot of cost up front but I am trying to preserve the original paint for as long as possible.

Between not using the cruise and trying to vary my speed (break-in period) and trying to stay away from other cars to avoid rock chips, should be an interesting drive down to Newmarket on Thursday!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:55 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by IS300na-t
Heres my .02 cents. From having a car that I show as well use to daily drive. Once getting clear bra it does bring you a peace of mind and knowing you wont get rock chips, but there is also a down side to it, if an accident was to happen youre instantly at loss for the clearbra + the cost of a new bumper and paint job, there is also clear bras going bad where you will notice the turn a tad yellow due to exposure to the sun (if you can make sure if they will warranty this). So in the end I decided to just repaint my bumper each year or before shows costing me about $125 each time to do it.
Yes, this is a good point. It doesn't even have to be a full blown accident. How 'bout someone scraping/scratching the front bumper with their car in a parking garage? It doesn't take much to damage the film. If something that "minor" happens, you're SOL as well.

So it kinda defeats the purpose of the clear bra. The clear bra is supposed to give you peace of mind that that area of your car is protected. But when you have the film on, you're going to always be worried that something is going to damage YOUR FILM because it costs a lot of money.