2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Satellite Radio Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Question Satellite Radio Configuration

As I am currently waiting for my '09 Fit AT5 in Orange Revolution to be built, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how hide/run the wires for a satellite radio and radio placement (window, in dash, by shifter, etc.) ideas. If anyone has installed their radio already please post some pics and/or instructions.

I currently own a '03 Element and the placement of the power outlet combined with the ease of removing the passenger side dash to hide the wires made things look so much cleaner. I can only hope the Fit is as easy to take apart as the Element.

Thanks 4 ur help ahead of time.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 AM
Do you have Sirius or XM?

Old 09-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by melohyeloh27
As I am currently waiting for my '09 Fit AT5 in Orange Revolution to be built, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how hide/run the wires for a satellite radio and radio placement (window, in dash, by shifter, etc.) ideas. If anyone has installed their radio already please post some pics and/or instructions.

I currently own a '03 Element and the placement of the power outlet combined with the ease of removing the passenger side dash to hide the wires made things look so much cleaner. I can only hope the Fit is as easy to take apart as the Element.

The under-dash, door panels and trim panels near the floor all snap out (and back in!) pretty easily.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by fliptwister
Do you have Sirius or XM?
Although I know they merged. There is only one radio Sirius, the best radio on radio. What can I say, I am a BIG Howard Stern fan.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by IfTheFoo
The under-dash, door panels and trim panels near the floor all snap out (and back in!) pretty easily.
Sweet, thanks for the response. Also, is the power outlet easy to remove? I would like to hardwire the power cord to the outlet.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:27 AM
melo

huge stern fan here. listen on the internet at work. my sirius got stolen from my other car 2x. this time it'll be hard wired thru the nav.

bababooey

Old 09-29-2008, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by melohyeloh27

I've put my XM xpress EZ in, but did not have time to run anything decently yet (just wanted to throw it in so I could get my POTUS 08 fix) - I used a piece of adhesive foam pad to put the receiver on top of dash above the two center air vents, antenna run straight out toward windshield, power cord running down left side of center console, aux running down right - some cable ties, velcro and a black pouch keep all the slack tied up behind the receiver for now.

When I get a day to do it I want hardwire stuff too, but also nervous about ripping my dash off a car I've only had a week...

Old 09-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by barams
melo

huge stern fan here. listen on the internet at work. my sirius got stolen from my other car 2x. this time it'll be hard wired thru the nav.

bababooey
I feel ur pain. Although my radio was not stolen, mine was broken. I was without my radio for about a month. I did listen to the show on the internet, I just need my double dose on my car ride home.

horse-tooth jack-ass

Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 PM
my sirius got stolen (and my car stereo) i still paid for the subscription cause i could listen to it via internet.

so some guy has been getting free satellite for the last 3 years. i have been driving sans radio and sirius for that time. let me tell you you think about a lot of stuff when it's quiet.

after getting the fit, i'm jonesing for a clean solution for a sirius unit to link up to the nav unit.

ta ta toothy