2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Partscheap.com

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 02:13 AM
5 Year Member
Partscheap.com

I'm hoping it's OK to post questions about 3rd party vendors here. Please lmk if it would be better to post elsewhere on the forum.

The sticky thread with forum rules for newbies - currently - links to an error page. So I can't even read the forum rules at the moment.

Apparently, regular users can't start threads in the vendor area, so I think I'm stuck asking here - do people have experience with partscheap.com? They're closer to me than collegehills or bernardi (sp?), and a bit cheaper too.

Probably getting a rear bumper applique, door sill trim, probably a few other odds and ends.

Old 10-02-2008, 12:11 PM
I have never heard of them until your post. So I checked out their website, and saw that they have the center armrest NOT on backorder. So I called to confirm, and was told they can have it tomorrow from the warehouse, then ship it out once they get it. I called College Hills and they still can't get it. Guess who got my business...?!
I'll let you know how their customer service is.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:04 PM
5 Year Member
they look legit...

anyone near Chico, Ca ?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 PM
I've never heard of them either, but they seem legit. They're offering an all-season protection package, which includes all-season mats, rear cargo tray and bumper aplique, for $168 (plus $28.20 for shipping/handling). I called them to make sure my eyes were seeing correctly, as this is cheaper than buying the mats and tray a la carte. Apparently, they purchase the 3 items bundled directly from Honda as part of a "special" promotional package. This is a smokin' deal!

Old 10-02-2008, 01:30 PM
oem carpet, here i come!

Old 10-14-2008, 12:07 PM
5 Year Member
Wondering if anyone has gotten their order yet. I ordered on Oct 5, and my account says the order is still "processing". I was going to call them, but their "contact us" page says

"Please do not call to check on the status of your order unless it is at least a month old"

Are they nuts? Or am I just paranoid?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member
thats got poor customer service written all over it...

Old 10-14-2008, 12:15 PM
5 Year Member
i would call just to ask if they have any in stock... ask for the price say thanks if they do and hang up.

Thats what i usually do when i order via internet from a store i have not heard from.

Old 10-14-2008, 09:55 PM
I had the same "processing" on my order as well. So I emailed them regarding the status of my center console (that they told me they could get from the warehouse the day after I ordered it) and was sent this reply: "I apologize. It was in stock but now has gone into a backorder status. Honda has scheduled it for release on the 10th. So we should be receiving it next week. Thank you." Hmmmm......was in stock but suddenly backordered. And this was after I called and spoke to a live human being who assured me he could get it from the warehouse the next day! So I sent an email stating I wanted the order canceled, but have yet to hear back from them about that. Tomorrow I will call to follow up to make sure they don't get my money! I'm sticking with CollegeHillsHonda.
I don't like being lied to!!!!

Old 10-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Question anyone else order from here

I should be getting my fit in a few weeks and am really interested in that protection package. Just wondering if anyone else has ordered from here with any luck or seen a similar package anywhere else

Old 10-18-2008, 08:37 AM
Retired Moderator
The place sounds questionable..... be careful...

Old 10-18-2008, 09:12 AM
sounds like a sketchy place so far.

Old 10-24-2008, 01:32 AM
5 Year Member
Just an update - apparently, something is finally coming from this outfit. Got an UPS message, 18 days after the order. No response to my email of a week ago asking for an update. We'll see if I get my rear bumper applique, door sill trim, and touch up paint early next week.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:28 AM
ordered from bernardi

I ended up ordering the parts from Bernardi. Erik was awesome and did a price match for me on the 3 items to get the "package price" I ordered it tuesday and they should be on my doorstep today. extremely happy with the service

Old 10-24-2008, 10:53 AM
5 Year Member
Sorry to hear bout the experience. I'm hoping all turns out ok and this is due to low supply since it's a new car.

I was also looking in to ordering from them too.

Old 10-25-2008, 12:20 PM
Good experience... just call first.

I ordered the "Protection Package" (all season mats, applique, cargo tray) from Partscheap.com and had no complaints. It's a great value deal, and one no one else seems to be selling that bundle. It arrived within a week and everything was in good shape. The package is apparently something Honda will offer its dealers a "bulk discount" on and its up to the dealers whether they want to offer the same combo package to their customers and pass the savings on. In most cases, the dealers' answer on this seems to be... "Uhm, no thanks, we'll keep the change."

The trick with Partscheap is to call first, as while their online store _looks_ nice, and the page looks very professionally done, it doesn't have any live stock info of any kind and Partscheap is run by one guy (or so it seems), named Paul. The company is a "side business" of a large dealer, Wittmeier Auto Center, which has been around since 1979 (see the Company Info bit).

My sense is the shadiness that some folks feel they've detected is due to one guy at a large dealership being tasked with running and shipping out orders for a Ford/Honda parts e-business. He's probably way overloaded with orders and shipments to keep track of. Not the best idea to skimp on staff for those things. College Hills is, no doubt, a better experience all around due to their team of Honda parts _geeks_, but they're not offering bundles of the Honda Fit parts, that I can see. I love the fact that College Hills will actually call you about an update to the status of your online order... that's good service!

Cheers,

Baz

'09 TW GE8 Sport w/ Navi