2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Order MR 09 FIT but my dealer locate BSP FIT but please read

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 10:35 AM
5 Year Member
Order MR 09 FIT but my dealer locate BSP FIT but please read

Ok here is the deal I order 09 5mt MR Fit sport w/NAVI/VSA but they locate a BSP Fit with the same options instead but with 127 miles on the OD, the car is here so I will be coming in to check the car out. But I am not too excited about the mileage being it is a 5MT, I have 2nd thought about picking up the car because more than likely it is a demonstrating Fit not knowing how the 1st 127 miles was being driven. So I think I have some room to negotiate but being how hot the car is selling I don't think they even bulge on the price, as far as financing it, maybe there is room there also. Give me some inputs here of how I should be getting the best deal out of it.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:51 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by 07FitSBOM
Ok here is the deal I order 09 5mt MR Fit sport w/NAVI/VSA but they locate a BSP Fit with the same options instead but with 127 miles on the OD, the car is here so I will be coming in to check the car out. But I am not too excited about the mileage being it is a 5MT, I have 2nd thought about picking up the car because more than likely it is a demonstrating Fit not knowing how the 1st 127 miles was being driven. So I think I have some room to negotiate but being how hot the car is selling I don't think they even bulge on the price, as far as financing it, maybe there is room there also. Give me some inputs here of how I should be getting the best deal out of it.
I bought mine with 60 miles on it but they had to transfer it from one dealer to another. I would ask them outright if it was a demo, and maybe you could get them to knock a little off. Personally, I don't think a car would be ruined in 127 miles, but who knows?

Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by cranky18
I bought mine with 60 miles on it but they had to transfer it from one dealer to another. I would ask them outright if it was a demo, and maybe you could get them to knock a little off. Personally, I don't think a car would be ruined in 127 miles, but who knows?
I will do that but my saleman told me that it is a dealer trade from another dealer and who know maybe they didn't want to pay for the transport and management ask one of the saleman to drive it back. You know I have seen dealers hand keys to their mechanics for the new Fit and drive it off the lots and joy riding it.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Retired Moderator
Go for it !!... plus I have yet to see anyone with a MR 09 Fit yet...

5 Year Member
That's what happened with mine. The other dealer the car came from was roughly 50 miles away so I was pretty sure that it was just the driving over. They showed me the sticker from the other dealer, plus I trust this guy.

FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
thats to many miles for me and also sounds really shady.
this is in philly right. what dealer?
somebody could have beat the crap out of it for
127 miles and now they are selling it.
don't forget sales men get to take cars home
to. so you never know.
imo i wouldn't buy it. i would just wait for the
one you ordered.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:24 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
to. so you never know.
one you ordered.
You could be right, but personally, I was a month away from receiving my car and couldn't handle the stress anymore. After about 500 miles the original 60 never cross my mind. Depends on how desperate you are. I would try to get some kind of answer though on the 127 miles

Old 10-17-2008, 11:30 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by niko3257
to. so you never know.
one you ordered.
yes in Philly actually the name of the dealer is ConnicelliHonda and I bought a new 07 Fit from them before and I had a good buying experience there no haggling of any kind very +. Yes the 127 miles is excessive that alone made me have 2nd thought on it but manual fit plus navi is kinda rare the only way to get it is to wait or a dealer trade from another dealer like this one. I have a strong feeling that this is either a DEMO and perhaps it is driven by salesman/mechanics all that miles for sure.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:33 AM
5 Year Member
Come on! You know it's there! You want it!

Go look at it, you will give in.

Old 10-17-2008, 11:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Come on! You know it's there! You want it!

Go look at it, you will give in.

Hhahaha nothing like pressure

Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
You could be right, but personally, I was a month away from receiving my car and couldn't handle the stress anymore. After about 500 miles the original 60 never cross my mind. Depends on how desperate you are. I would try to get some kind of answer though on the 127 miles

lol
i def agree on getting a answer on the 127miles?

07FitSBOM ask them and tell us what they said.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:10 PM
FitFreak GE8 DIY Guy
5 Year Member
yes in Philly actually the name of the dealer is ConnicelliHonda and I bought a new 07 Fit from them before and I had a good buying experience there no haggling of any kind very +. Yes the 127 miles is excessive that alone made me have 2nd thought on it but manual fit plus navi is kinda rare the only way to get it is to wait or a dealer trade from another dealer like this one. I have a strong feeling that this is either a DEMO and perhaps it is driven by salesman/mechanics all that miles for sure.

Def heard of ConnicelliHonda but never been there.
I was from Cherry Hill, NJ
like i said in my other post def ask about
the 127miles.
maybe the answer will change your mind.
good luck

Old 10-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member

When do you expect your MR Fit? If you want a red one, don't get the blue one. As simple as that. IF IF IF You can wait, that is!

Old 10-17-2008, 12:24 PM
5 Year Member
They should absolutely not charge you sticker for a car with 127 miles. How would that make sense? It's as if you bought a new car with 0 miles, then handed the keys over to the dealer and said to them to drive it around for 127 miles on me.

But I understand if you had your heart set on color, trans, options, etc. This car isn't even the color you ordered.

Just some thoughts.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:02 PM
5 Year Member
The window sticker will state what dealer the vehicle was originally delivered to. If it was a dealer trade it usually isn't driven hard. It's your call.

Old 10-17-2008, 04:23 PM
5 Year Member
If the car has that many miles- I would wait for the one you ordered- even if they gave you a deal on the car which must- you would somewhere down the line wonder-
why didn't I wait for a new one and not jump and deal on a what I can consider high
mile new car.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Cat
Someone that spends HER life on FitFreak.net
5 Year Member
I saw my first 2009 MR Fit today on the hauler going towards our local Honda dealership. It looked pretty sweet and when I went by tonight it was parked on the lot. I would question the millage also you don't have any idea how hard the car was driven and even the manual talks about the breaking in period of your new car. If they would give you a really good break on the deal, I might consider it but otherwise wait for the car you ordered and you will be glad that you did. It will be new, never driven except the less than 10 miles that it took them to put it on the boat, on and off the hauler.

Cat :x

Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Buddy don't worry about the miles "if" it was a dealer trade. This is done all the time. My wifes 06 Accord came from a dealer 100 miles away. My dealer did not have a silver ex so they did a dealer trade and she got what she wanted. Same thing with my friends Pilot. They have this old guy that takes what the other dealer wants and brings back what you want. But if red is what you really want then that is what you should get.

Old 10-18-2008, 07:28 AM
5 Year Member
Ok I went to take a look at the car and and test drive it, First thing I ask them that if it was a DEMO and they said NO and then about the 127 miles on the car and they told me that they did drove it from another dealer in Maryland and I live in PA so the 127 miles make sense and atleast they was honest about it. I am going to trade in my 07 Fit S with 31K on the OD for the 09, so then came the appraisal they gave me like $11k for my trade in and at this point I told them no and about to walk out the dealer+I gotta get to work so they told me that they are going to call me with a new figure. Well the new figure came and it is $12k or a little better but again I told them no it is not enough so then I gave them my figure $13225 which is what I got from KBB for the condition that my Fit is in "Excellent" so we talked about it for a little bit then they told me "we need to take a good look at your car again, can you bring it to us" I was like OK then I was on my game next I ask them if they could knock some $$$ off the MSRP of $18580 of course they said a NO "Fit is a hot seller blah,blah" then he told me "how about if we can get you $13K for your Fit and $18,400 for the 09" I told them now we are talking so next up is the financing I told them I have bought 2 cars from Honda one being my 06 TSX and the 07 Fit I want to get the lowest financing rates you can do for me because of my good track record and my TSX is paid off. He again told me "how about we give you what you have last time, 7.99%" I said no, we can do better and I told him have you ever heard of the Honda preferred financing of 5.49%, he told me no, not on the Fit. I finally end the conversation by telling him if you guys doesn't met the 3 criteria above then give me back my $500 deposits cause another dealer have a Fit on order on the 20th, the color that I want+ the same options and it will be here in a couple of weeks brand spanking new and yeah and I told him also if he would add the front nose bra to mix and he said if we can come to a deal so basically I will come in today and they have the one day special sales event where they want to sell 50 hondas so more then likely I will be picking up the 09. As a note i am dealing with the sales manager and he sounds like he wanted to sell me the car. So just wondering what you guys think about the deal:

$13k for the trade in
$18400 for the Fit Sport 5mt w/Navi
5.49% financing+front nose bra

Old 10-18-2008, 08:35 AM
5 Year Member
I assume they did the whole "dealer prep" thing with the paint protection interior etc, since it came from another dealer. It sounds like a good deal to me if they come through with it.

Quick Reply: Order MR 09 FIT but my dealer locate BSP FIT but please read