2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone find a cheap rear bumper protector / applique???

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
Anyone find a cheap rear bumper protector / applique???

There must be a cheaper option than the $50 factory rear bumper protector. All it is is some vinyl or plastic sticker.

Has anyone figured a cheap way to protect the bumper from scratches? i have a dog I think will scratch it real bad.

Possibly a sticker for another model that is cheaper? Or a vendor that offers generic vinyl/plastic stickers???

Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 AM
I thought it was grip tape they use for the rear applique. You can get grip tape at any skate board shop.

Old 10-29-2008, 06:40 AM
I saw a Prius applique that's a about 10 bucks cheaper (37 dolloars shipped on one of toyota's parts site). don't know if the size is correct but fits all Priuse hatch models and looks just like the Fit's one.

Grip tape has a gritty texture isn't it? I think the real applique has a smooth texture. A smooth texture will facilitate objects sliding in and out of the trunk. Correct me if I am wrong. If grip tape can be used then it's great - only cost a few bucks each.

Update: found the site again: http://www.hybridutopia.com/toyota-6...ector-201.html

Last edited by Surviver of the Fittest; 10-29-2008 at 06:54 AM.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:41 AM
5 Year Member
I actually found it easier to have my 2 dogs enter the car through the rear door w/ the seat down the entery hight is real low.

But anyways I got the one from college hills and desided I didn't want it, I'll sell it to you 25$ Shipped

Just PM me

Old 10-29-2008, 09:28 AM
I believe I saw a photo recently of either the European or Japanese model Fit where they had this cloth mat in the cargo area. When you open the hatch, you can just flip it out to protect the bumper as you load things. I hope this comes to North America because it seems functional and looks better than the current bumper protection.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SomberResplendence
I believe I saw a photo recently of either the European or Japanese model Fit where they had this cloth mat in the cargo area. When you open the hatch, you can just flip it out to protect the bumper as you load things. I hope this comes to North America because it seems functional and looks better than the current bumper protection.
Could it be this?
http://webservices.honda.com.au/reso...tector_600.jpg

It's probably not gonna be cheap, and it looks like its currently only available in the Australian market.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:08 PM
check out bernardi parts, they had a special on them a while back

Old 10-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Originally Posted by FitStir
Could it be this?
http://webservices.honda.com.au/reso...tector_600.jpg

It's probably not gonna be cheap, and it looks like its currently only available in the Australian market.
It is cheap. Around $40 CDN. I believe it is made for the Civic but can be used in the Fit or any car for that matter.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Kyokutou23> PM sent
Originally Posted by Kyokutou23
I actually found it easier to have my 2 dogs enter the car through the rear door w/ the seat down the entery hight is real low.

But anyways I got the one from college hills and desided I didn't want it, I'll sell it to you 25$ Shipped

Just PM me

Old 10-29-2008, 01:02 PM
Yes that's them! Rep for you!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
5 Year Member
Glad I could help.

I've been searching the jp, au, uk, sg, and other Honda sites to see what other options are available for our Fits.
I forgot which site it was that I found a cargo tray type of protector which covers the back of the rear seats, and goes all the way to the trunk (it looks like a larger cargo tray, and covers the seatbacks too). It was a OEM Honda accessory. And would be great to protect the seatbacks, and cargo area when carrying things. That's something I really would want, hopefully it will become available in the North American market, or atleast I will be able to find a part # and order it somehow... JDM_DOHC_SiR, please help....

Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by jesselyons2002
I thought it was grip tape they use for the rear applique. You can get grip tape at any skate board shop.
can anyone confirm this? if it is Grip tap you can get Grip tape in different colors...which means they have WHITE!!!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Fitlurker
It is cheap. Around $40 CDN. I believe it is made for the Civic but can be used in the Fit or any car for that matter.
I think this would be an easy DIY.....

Old 10-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Yes grip tape comes in different colors. Even clear.

Old 10-30-2008, 01:34 AM
Ein
5 Year Member
Old 10-30-2008, 08:20 AM
+ Rep to you Ein! Now I just have to sit eagerly until pay day tomorrow :P

Old 10-30-2008, 09:05 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Kyokutou23
I actually found it easier to have my 2 dogs enter the car through the rear door w/ the seat down the entry height is real low.
I have two pitbulls that love to go places. I always have the seats down and a mat for them.
My older guy can jump into the car easily, but after walk / class etc he's lazy and stubborn and just sort of stumbles into the car, stepping all over the doorsill. Of course this scratches my paint all up (which is expected, i bought the car for them!).

I bought 3M clear bra material in Bulk Film: 6"x3' which I then cut in half lengthwise to have two 3"x3' strips for my rear doorsills. I cut an additional 4" or so off the length of each. Runs all the way from the VIN # down near the hinges.

It's a little tricky to put on, but doable. If you totally mess up, you can pull it off without hurting the paint if you decide you don't like it. I have a couple bubbles that have yet to evaporate out (says the sun helps but the doorsills never see sun). I will post a how-to thread with pictures once I decide how to remove the bubbles.

Cost me $20.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:10 AM
5 Year Member
Glad I could help.

I've been searching the jp, au, uk, sg, and other Honda sites to see what other options are available for our Fits.
I forgot which site it was that I found a cargo tray type of protector which covers the back of the rear seats, and goes all the way to the trunk (it looks like a larger cargo tray, and covers the seatbacks too). It was a OEM Honda accessory. And would be great to protect the seatbacks, and cargo area when carrying things. That's something I really would want, hopefully it will become available in the North American market, or atleast I will be able to find a part # and order it somehow... JDM_DOHC_SiR, please help....
It it was yellowish color, I think your thinking of the dog cover from japan that can be used to cover the back seats and trunk when down.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by triton.
It it was yellowish color, I think your thinking of the dog cover from japan that can be used to cover the back seats and trunk when down.
Nah, I've seen that too... This is a brownish/tan color material which attaches to the rear seat backs and cargo area. Once installed you see no carpet, and its not easily foldable, and removable like the doggy tents. It's like a permanent replacement/cover.

@ Ein.. Good find with the bootlip protector. I must have missed it while browsing their site. +reps

Old 10-30-2008, 10:00 AM
Retired Moderator
That's something I really would want, hopefully it will become available in the North American market, or atleast I will be able to find a part # and order it somehow... JDM_DOHC_SiR, please help....

Let me look in to it for you..... I think I know what it is your looking for... when I find It I`ll post a link

Quick Reply: Anyone find a cheap rear bumper protector / applique???