2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Carpeted floor mats NOT included??!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 08:34 PM
5 Year Member
Carpeted floor mats NOT included??!?!?

I picked up my 09 TW 5 speed with navi today. I have to say, Im quite please with everything. This is our "family" car, that I will be driving until the family comes... no suprises, no problems at the dealer. Everything went SMOOTH as pie...

BUT...

I went out to leave and removed the paper floor mat (to keep the car clean) from the dealer.

NO FLOOR MATS AT ALL.

I went back in and asked about it... he said they floor mats are NOT standard but an accessory.

Now don't get me wrong, Im not gonna take the car back or anything (it IS incredible) but really?! Floormats are NOT standard? Is that for real?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 PM
It's true, they aren't standard. I'm guessing it's one of the little things they leave out to keep the MSRP down. My dealer was trying to bundle them in and adding 230$+ to MSRP (cargo tray and all weather mats). I wanted nothing to do with that and I'm ordering the OEM mats discounted over the net.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
Yup. Sucks doesn't it?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Well, if thats the worst thing about the car, Ill live.

Dealer wants 140 for them.... where is the cheap place to get them on the net?

Ill search and see what I can come up with, but if someone has some experience and a link, that would be fantastic!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:44 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Korywithak
I picked up my 09 TW 5 speed with navi today. I have to say, Im quite please with everything. This is our "family" car, that I will be driving until the family comes... no suprises, no problems at the dealer. Everything went SMOOTH as pie...

BUT...

I went out to leave and removed the paper floor mat (to keep the car clean) from the dealer.

NO FLOOR MATS AT ALL.

I went back in and asked about it... he said they floor mats are NOT standard but an accessory.

Now don't get me wrong, Im not gonna take the car back or anything (it IS incredible) but really?! Floormats are NOT standard? Is that for real?
Heh heh... Congrats on the new Fit. Nice choice. And I feel you, brother. I bought two Fits at one time. Salesgirl said mats were standard. I too found out when taking out the paper floor mat.. at home. They would not give me the mats. I bought two sets of all-season mats from them and got them for $200 for two sets at my insistence after all was said and done.

Again, congrats on the car. Buy your mats from one of the online places like Bernardiparts.com or Collegehillshonda.com

Enjoy.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
Wow.
I am surprised about no floor mat thing.
I have never seen or heard that on my previous car purchases.
Thank you for sharing that info. I will keep that in mind when I purchase mind next month.
thanks and congratulations on your purchase

Old 11-20-2008, 09:34 PM
CBX
I had purchased a new F-250 at the XLT trim level, and mats were not included. I bought a WRX which came with mats, but I don't recall whether they were a dealer add-on or part of a package.

I wonder which other sub-$20K cars include/exclude them. I bought the all-season mats (actually got the dealer to include them), so I'm glad part of the vehicle price wasn't for carpet mats.

Old 11-20-2008, 09:38 PM
5 Year Member
bernardiparts.com

Old 11-20-2008, 10:04 PM
I JUST got back from the dealer. Picked up my '09 Honda Fit 5 Speed. I LOVE IT!!! WOOT! But the fact that it doesn't come with floor mats is kind of a joke. I am pretty sure those used to be a bargaining chip. Like, I'll pay your MRSP if you throw in some mats... Oh well. I guess when you buy a car that is this high of demand (2 months waiting) you take what you get and you are happy about it.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 PM
5 Year Member
Congrats guys, and enjoy your new Fit!!!

Old 11-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Just go back and complain. Thats what I did. Tell them you didnt pay that much for a car and not get floor mats. In the end I got my floor mats

Old 11-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Retired Moderator
5 Year Member
ive had my fit for almost 8months and i still havent got floor mats

Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 AM
CBX
... and you haven't tracked in any snow, either?

Old 11-21-2008, 12:33 AM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by IS300na-t
Just go back and complain. Thats what I did. Tell them you didnt pay that much for a car and not get floor mats. In the end I got my floor mats
Yeah just swallow your pride, complain and bitch and you will eventually get what you want...right? The $140 the dealer quoted you is the installed price, $99 is the uninstalled price. You can get them for about $85 shipped at College Hills Honda.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:36 AM
5 Year Member
first dealer said mats come with the car. but for all i know they'd have it as an itemized charge.

2nd dealer, the one i got the car from, didnt include mats or ever even mention them. i drove off the lot, and was surprised to see no mats.

next day i went back, i told them i generally wasnt happy w/ my experience with the salesman and asked about the mats, and they gave them to me free of charge.

Old 11-21-2008, 12:49 AM
Honda is fanatic about doing satisfaction surveys after the sale. And I believe that the level of satisfaction a dealer gets is used for things like inventory selection (or at least status). Just mention that not having mats (get the all weather ones) would be the difference between an 8 and 10 ...

Old 11-21-2008, 01:17 AM
I'm looking at fits right now and thanks to this forum every dealer I've negotiated with has included the floor mats with the deal. I basically tell the dealer that's BS and for 20g's they better throw in the mats.

Old 11-21-2008, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Hellfish
I'm looking at fits right now and thanks to this forum every dealer I've negotiated with has included the floor mats with the deal. I basically tell the dealer that's BS and for 20g's they better throw in the mats.

Thats exactly what I told them. Even all the service consultants agreed with me. Its just plain stupid how you would spend that amount on a car and to find out that floormats are an option.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:07 AM
Congrats on your new FIT.
Unfortunately the mats are extra unless you negotiated for them. Other than the carpet and all season mats from the dealer, WeatherTech makes them too but they cost more and only for the front.

Old 11-21-2008, 02:18 AM
considering the cost of the car, for Honda to even include a basic set of rubber floor mats is not much of an ask, they don’t cost much to make, if you want to upgrade to carpet then fare enough for charging extra. but since it is one of the areas of your car that is going to get the most ware and tear they should supply basic protection.

Last edited by chyperX; 11-21-2008 at 02:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Carpeted floor mats NOT included??!?!?