2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Carpeted floor mats NOT included??!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 02:22 AM
bought my own set for $6.99 from the $0.99 plus store.....

Old 11-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
Hence my point, it not going to cost them allot but will gain them allot in customer statisfaction and not gonig to eat into their profit

Old 11-21-2008, 05:09 AM
I'd love to see them include the mats and the cargo cover but I understand it's cost cutting strategy. at least these are the things that are easy for us to install by ourselves. WHAT THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE STANDARD IS VSA (stability control). This is something we cannot add on aftermarket and it's actually very useful.

Old 11-21-2008, 09:37 AM
When I bought my '91 Civic Si hatchback new, it also lacked floor mats but it did have the cargo cover.

It also came without a stereo! No radio, no cassette, no CD, nothing except for the plastic cover over the hole where the stereo head unit should be.

They've been cheaping out on these things for a long time.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:39 AM
5 Year Member
Although I do think its BS for not including them, Im not that hard to get along with. No where did it say that they were included, so Ill chalk it up to a learning experience... I will however, NOT pay 140-160 at the dealership.

Im gonna call my dealer today, and tell them that they have the option to match the online price, OR Ill get them online...

Im still stoked about the car... it IS incredible and exactly what my wife and I need as far as a car is concened at this point in our lives.

Now we have the Fit for MPGs, family hauling (when the family comes), and everything else the Fit is good for.

We also have a 2007 FJ cruiser for HORRIBLE weather, going to our cabin, and towing when needed for the utility trailer and boat.

They look fantastic sitting in the driveway side by side... my OLD neighbors think they are strange... and Im good with that.

Old 11-21-2008, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
How do they fit though? or did you have to customize them?
thanks

Old 11-22-2008, 02:16 AM
Originally Posted by ptrkng
How do they fit though? or did you have to customize them?
thanks
fits fine........grips fine......even the color match the floor...........

what more you can you ask for $6.99

Old 11-23-2008, 03:44 AM
I bought my Fit for a standard price in these areas, and it came with carpeted mats. Didn't even know they were selling without.

Old 11-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Thumbs down Floormats

I bought my 2018 Honda Fit and saw there were no floormats. Had I not been given mats, I was prepared to go across the street to purchase a Nissan. I received my floormats but still feel hurt and surprised at having to use threats of purchasing elsewhere to get a standard feature. 😡

Old 11-28-2017, 10:49 PM
5 Year Member
This is an ancient thread resurrected.

I don't know, of the 3 latest vehicles I have been lucky enough to purchase new, 2 of the 3 did not come with floor mats.
And honestly, I didn't care because I feel Husky or WeatherTech custom fit options are better than the OEM offerings. Of course, I like All-Weather, not really into carpeted mats.

Oddly my latest...todays 2016 Honda Fit...was the vehicle that DID come with Mats. I think it was the dealership that "added" them in as part of the package. But I received both the All-Weather, and the Carpeted Mats.
I kind of wish they would of just kept them, and gave me the savings.
I'm using the OEM all weather mats...OK...but not the best.

Anyway, I think the exception is getting the Mats...the growing rule is they are not a standard free accessory.
I think perhaps it's all part of the psychology of The Sell. If they hold them back, they can throw them in as a "freebie" to supposedly sweeten the deal. Today? Some people don't want them. If you don't ask or don't act like you want them? Then they won't give them to you.

IMO....if there is anything somewhat ridiculous that doesn't come "standard" with The Fit, It's the Cargo Cover. Most hatchbacks I've owned that weren't Honda Fits...always came with some type of cover, either a hard cover or something like a horizontal pull window shade type.
With the Fit is is definitely NOT standard, and Honda makes you pay for their cover.
Some Fit owners have very industriously and cleverly made their own covers.
I did buy mine, OEM..but only because The Dealership after purchase gave me a discount coupon for my first purchase from their parts department.
Even with the discount, it was really way too expensive for something I feel should just come with the vehicle....much more than floor mats.

At least with floor mats, there are other options, some IMO actually better than OEM.
As far as Cargo Covers go?
Either you go without. (Many Have)
Buy Honda's.
OR
Make your own from scratch.