2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

Best deal for center armrest? And anybody try the Zeta version?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 PM
5 Year Member
Best deal for center armrest? And anybody try the Zeta version?

Best shipped price I've been able to find was about $182 from someone on Ebay. Anybody do any better?

Also has anyone tried the Zeta Products armrest? At around $100, its hard to ignore vs. OEM.

Old 01-02-2009, 12:42 PM
5 Year Member
I looked at the Zeta one and some of the others on eBay and I'm not sure if I like it or not. With the OEM center armrest you'll have to remove the drivers flip down armrest. The OEM kit has something to cover the hole I believe. I dunno if the Zeta kit does as well.

The OEM one sure is expensive though!

Old 01-02-2009, 02:11 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, I'm in the same situation. I can't decide between the OEM, and the one from Zeta. The Zeta is less expensive, supposed to be easier to install, and retains 1 cup holder, where as the OEM gets rid of 2 cupholders, installation is a little more involved, costs more, but is OEM Honda.

Still trying to hear some feed back from people who own the Zeta armrest.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Exclamation My experience with both armrests

On my 07 Fit Sport, I installed the Zeta armrest.

For my 09 Fit Sport, I just installed the Honda armrest.
  • The Zeta is easier to install and cheaper
  • The Honda armrest is much more heavy duty and nicer-looking
  • Both offer flip-up capability, a forward sliding top and interior storage.
  • The Honda armrest does not raise up when the parking brake is engaged, the Zeta does.
  • The Honda is more expensive, but not that much more

Since I've had both (on different model year Fits), I would have to give my vote to the Honda armrest. Much stronger, better-looking and I like the idea of it not interfering with the parking brake. The Honda armrest gives you a coverplate to hide the opening on the driver's seat after the original armrest is removed.

One final note -- the Honda unit is a bit harder to install, but not that hard. You will need a drill, hole cutter, screwdrivers, wrench and a torque-wrench. Anyone slightly proficient with tools can do it. Just follow the instructions. I do not consider myself very mechanical, but I did it.

Old 01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Thanks for the feedback. I've reviewed the Honda directions and I agree that its not that bad. I just have pause buying something that I feel should have been properly designed and included in the standard car.

Kind of like the damn floor mats. If I spend $16000 for a car I expect some floor mats!

Old 01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Will 1st gen Zeta nonfolding armrest fit the GE?

If so, I'll sell mine for $75 obo since I just installed the JDM console

Old 01-02-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by jrlnc
On my 07 Fit Sport, I installed the Zeta armrest.

For my 09 Fit Sport, I just installed the Honda armrest.
  • The Zeta is easier to install and cheaper
  • The Honda armrest is much more heavy duty and nicer-looking
  • Both offer flip-up capability, a forward sliding top and interior storage.
  • The Honda armrest does not raise up when the parking brake is engaged, the Zeta does.
  • The Honda is more expensive, but not that much more

Since I've had both (on different model year Fits), I would have to give my vote to the Honda armrest. Much stronger, better-looking and I like the idea of it not interfering with the parking brake. The Honda armrest gives you a coverplate to hide the opening on the driver's seat after the original armrest is removed.

One final note -- the Honda unit is a bit harder to install, but not that hard. You will need a drill, hole cutter, screwdrivers, wrench and a torque-wrench. Anyone slightly proficient with tools can do it. Just follow the instructions. I do not consider myself very mechanical, but I did it.
I agree with the above OP. I used the Zeta rest in my GD3, but bought the Honda rest for my GE8. The Honda part is much heavier duty, and can be flipped up out of the way for spirited driving, but the older Zeta rest had more interior space. Can't comment on the '09 Zeta rest- have not seen it.

P.s: I paid less than the price quoted in the thread OP for the Honda rest- got mine from College Hills Honda.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:33 AM
5 Year Member
Honda OEM armrest FTW!!!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Good thread OP.

I've decided to not get an armrest. I can do alot with $100-$200 in my pocket instead of an overpriced accessory for my passenger. I actually share my armrest with my wife when she is riding.

It is hard for me to justify the purchase like you said because this should be a standard feature. Oh well, only one of a few gripes I have with the car.

Good news is I don't have a passenger very often, but they do notice they don't get an armrest. It looks cheap.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:28 PM
5 Year Member
I'd like to get it just to get back some storage area I used to have in my Prius. Does anyone have a photo of what the OEM armrest looks like inside?

Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
I'm looking at a couple of the non-OEM versions, mainly because they are half the price of OEM.

(HondaFitTuner) HondaFittuner.com :: Interior :: Honda FiT Center Arm Rest *now with free shipping*

(Zeta Products) 2009 + Honda Fit Storage Armrest - 09-FIT-N

A few questions -

1) If you already have a driver side armrest, you have to remove it, right? How easy is this and does it leave a noticeable hole? I would need to put it back (car leased).

2) Can you easily remove both the Zeta Products version and the HondaFitTuner versions without a trace? Again, my car is leased and would need to take it out prior to giving back.

3) Do both raise up when the parking brake is engaged?

4) Will both work with a '09 Sport AT?