2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

'09 Fit availability and pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member
'09 Fit availability and pricing?

When I bought my '08 Fit last July, inventory was in short supply and dealers were charging MSRP plus their own added fluff packages. As a friend is going car shopping and likes my Fit has anything changed in this regard?

Old 02-11-2009, 06:49 PM
I made a post regarding this in the thread asking how many GEs people are seeing on the road.

My guess seeing how many different responses were in that thread is that it depends on the area of the country you're in. Here in North Georgia, most dealers are way overstocked on the Fit (dealer I purchased from had 34 on hand). However, it seems like they are in short supply in places like the west coast, and other areas.

My suggestion would be to do an inventory search on your nearest dealers, and get a good idea of where they stand prior to heading in.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:06 PM
5 Year Member
I sense a window of opportunity. With oil at $36 a barrel, people have forgotten $140 oil, and the demand for the Fit is not as strong as it will probably be in a few months, when production cuts and delayed exploration efforts will likely drive the cost of oil way back to high levels. That said, our local Honda dealer here in Hilton Head, South Carolina still has very few on his lot, and we had to special order ours back in December. Of course, the less probable combinations (in our case, Orange Revolution Sport w/Nav and automatic) can be a bit harder to find.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:27 PM
5 Year Member
Do you guys think auto sales will pick up or will it be like this for most of the year? I'm waiting until like late summer when they get rid of the 09s for the 10s. I really want one now, though.

Old 02-11-2009, 07:50 PM
I just bought my fit today and was able to negotiate them down to $16,900 OTD, from the price they were asking which was $18,850 OTD. While the financing guy was inputting everything into his computer, luckily I was seated at an angle where I can see everything on his computer. I thought I had gotten a somewhat good deal on the car, but from what I saw on the computer, the dealership actually got the car for $14,900

So yeah, now that you have a pretty solid number at what these dealerships are getting for this car, try to get it near that price as much as possible, worse thing they could say is no and you can walk right on out

Good luck!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
I just bought my fit today and was able to negotiate them down to $16,900 OTD, from the price they were asking which was $18,850 OTD. While the financing guy was inputting everything into his computer, luckily I was seated at an angle where I can see everything on his computer. I thought I had gotten a somewhat good deal on the car, but from what I saw on the computer, the dealership actually got the car for $14,900

So yeah, now that you have a pretty solid number at what these dealerships are getting for this car, try to get it near that price as much as possible, worse thing they could say is no and you can walk right on out

Good luck!
What kind of fit... sport? base? MT? AT? Thanks.

After a few light inquiries, I received internet pricing of " 16609.00 +670 Destination, Tax, MV Fees & $249 Documentation Fee" for an 09 sport automatic.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by infamousdx
What kind of fit... sport? base? MT? AT? Thanks.

After a few light inquiries, I received internet pricing of " 16609.00 +670 Destination, Tax, MV Fees & $249 Documentation Fee" for an 09 sport automatic.

Sorry for not putting that information. It was a Fit Sport, manual transmission. Hmmmm, I'm not entirely sure on what that documentation fee is....

Old 02-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Thanks man. I'm not entirely sure either but what I am sure of is I want that cost down... shooting for under $18,000 OTD.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Thanks man. I'm not entirely sure either but what I am sure of is I want that cost down... shooting for under $18,000 OTD.
Fa sheezy on that The best thing to do is to go to a dealer (though that doesn't sound good itself), but I mean you can see for yourself whats being charged and put your game on....on the negotiation that is lawlz

Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member
A lot of dealers in the midwest who always had Fits sold as they hit their lots now have seem to have 6-10-12 in stock. Id shoot for a discount off list right now.
Just my pet irritation, it is difficult to help much with "out the door pricing" because different states have different or even no sales tax. So it is very hard to help someone with pricing, and to try to figure out if they are getting a good deal or not.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Very good point regarding OTD pricing... In that case, personally, I'm looking for the sport auto for $16,800.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Vanct
Do you guys think auto sales will pick up or will it be like this for most of the year? I'm waiting until like late summer when they get rid of the 09s for the 10s. I really want one now, though.
Since you really want one now, but are also willing to wait, I would do as 1FiTpINOY suggests and just go at them guns blazin'. You have nothing to lose.

Don't let them know you have any cash and try to compete several dealers in your area against eachother (do it online and over the phone, don't bother going in to negotiate). If you can get someone to commit to a price that you can't pass up, then don't pass it up! Provided your credit is also good, this could potentially be your best time to buy this year (i know it was for me).

Bounce it off us here on the forum and we'll let you know if it sounds like a good deal.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by 1FiTpINOY
Sorry for not putting that information. It was a Fit Sport, manual transmission. Hmmmm, I'm not entirely sure on what that documentation fee is....
Document fee is absolute garbage. Tell them to get rid of that crap - just make sure they don't put it somewhere else (i.e. taking it off your trade-in).

Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Tork
A lot of dealers in the midwest who always had Fits sold as they hit their lots now have seem to have 6-10-12 in stock. Id shoot for a discount off list right now.
Just my pet irritation, it is difficult to help much with "out the door pricing" because different states have different or even no sales tax. So it is very hard to help someone with pricing, and to try to figure out if they are getting a good deal or not.

Sorry for blowing up this thread with multiple posts, but just regarding inventory - dealers on average will keep 60 days worth of inventory (ensuring they can meet most everyone's trim/option desire). However, if you walk into a situation like I did recently, where they are way overstock (check inventory on their other models too), they may be struggling to keep their electricity on. They're paying on all that inventory every month.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:30 PM
Another offer was:

Fit Sport
Automatic Transmission
MSRP: $17,780
your e-Price: $16,952

"Your e-Price" for NEW vehicles EXCLUDES destination charges, applicable taxes and motor vehicle fees.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:34 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by superfriend
Since you really want one now, but are also willing to wait, I would do as 1FiTpINOY suggests and just go at them guns blazin'. You have nothing to lose.

Don't let them know you have any cash and try to compete several dealers in your area against eachother (do it online and over the phone, don't bother going in to negotiate). If you can get someone to commit to a price that you can't pass up, then don't pass it up! Provided your credit is also good, this could potentially be your best time to buy this year (i know it was for me).

Bounce it off us here on the forum and we'll let you know if it sounds like a good deal.

I've been weighing the pros and cons of buying now and later and the reason I'm hesitant is because I've only got like a 650 credit score and a very low down payment. My credit score should be getting some huge improvement over the next few months though, allowing me to get a better rate on the loan and saving me more money over the long run.

I tried buying back in Nov. and one dealer gave me a price of $16,450 for a sport AT, but no one would give me a loan back then with credit being so tight.

I'll take about another 6 months and save up 2K and then I'll be rollin.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by Vanct
I've been weighing the pros and cons of buying now and later and the reason I'm hesitant is because I've only got like a 650 credit score and a very low down payment. My credit score should be getting some huge improvement over the next few months though, allowing me to get a better rate on the loan and saving me more money over the long run.

I tried buying back in Nov. and one dealer gave me a price of $16,450 for a sport AT, but no one would give me a loan back then with credit being so tight.

I'll take about another 6 months and save up 2K and then I'll be rollin.
Good call. Lending will definitely loosen up as the year goes on, because it couldn't possibly get any tighter. Hopefully gas prices don't shoot up too drastically, as I see that as one of primary factors in driving up demand further for this car.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:41 AM
Another offer was:

Fit Sport
Automatic Transmission
MSRP: $17,780
your e-Price: $16,952

"Your e-Price" for NEW vehicles EXCLUDES destination charges, applicable taxes and motor vehicle fees.
So if you include the factory $670 destination charge, they're offering you the car for $158 off MSRP. That sounds like an excellent deal for sure.

Last edited by DonkeyKong; 02-12-2009 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:51 PM
I live in IL, and tax is steep here.. I got mine 09 TW Fit Sport At otd price was 18,150. That also included all the accessories such as floor mat, bumper app.(I took off the bumper app, it doesn't look good), and wheel locks. Also I got the thing where if you hit a pothole and damage ur wheels or run over a nail and flat ur tire, I think its wheels and tires insurance, I also got that for free.

Old 02-16-2009, 04:31 PM
gillman honda in san antonio had 40+ fits on their lot. i was pretty stunned.

Quick Reply: '09 Fit availability and pricing?