2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real DRL

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 06:14 PM
5 Year Member
Real DRL

....bear with me on this. My only experience with Daytime Running Lights is on my Chevy Silverado. There you do nothing. Once it turns dark your instruments lights come on (sensor on dash). Your headlights have been on all along. With the Fit you get a 'sorta' DRLs (ok), but you still need to turn on your 'real' headlights once the sun goes down. Do I have this right. Note complaining, just want to make sure I understand the operation.

Thanks!

Old 02-25-2009, 06:20 PM
5 Year Member
Yeah, if you headlights are off, you'll just get the dim DRL. There are no sensors, so when it gets dark, you'll have to flip on the headlights.

Old 02-25-2009, 06:22 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by SheepNutz
Yeah, if you headlights are off, you'll just get the dim DRL. There are no sensors, so when it gets dark, you'll have to flip on the headlights.

...thanks

Old 02-25-2009, 06:56 PM
5 Year Member
https://www.fitfreak.net/forums/2nd-...ng-lights.html

on that thread someone posted on how to disable your DRL if your interested

Old 02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by VaJim
....bear with me on this. My only experience with Daytime Running Lights is on my Chevy Silverado. There you do nothing. Once it turns dark your instruments lights come on (sensor on dash). Your headlights have been on all along. With the Fit you get a 'sorta' DRLs (ok), but you still need to turn on your 'real' headlights once the sun goes down. Do I have this right. Note complaining, just want to make sure I understand the operation.

Thanks!
Those are not DRLs. True daytime running lights are NOT the normal headlights, and are not designed to improve YOUR visibility. They are designed to make your car more visible to oncoming traffic.

DRLs are usually the highbeams set to a reduced voltage (and therefore a lower light output) that come on whenever the engine is running and the handbrake released. They are not a substitute for the headlights at night. I suspect that your Silverado have automatic headlights, that a lot of luxury vehicles have. Again, these are not the same as DRLs. Now, your Silverado may also be equipped with DRLs, but these are separate from the automatic headlights.