2nd Generation (GE 08-13) 2nd Generation specific talk and questions here.

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 06:30 PM
New guy

So my girl friend is looking at getting a new 09 Fit sport with a manual. I know nothing about these cars and just had a few question.

1. What is the range of years that I should look at for after market parts.

2. We plan on at least doing an I/E cause she wants it to sound aggressive. Do you have and recommendations on brands of intakes or cat-back exhausts?

3. We also plan on lowering it, any suggestions on brand of springs & struts? (No coil-overs, she won't want the ride to be that harsh)

I think that's it for now. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
07-08's definitely have a lot more aftermarket parts. But the 09's are getting more and more everyday.

For suspension, tanabe and skunk2 seem like popular choices. Search around on the forum a little bit, there are tons of threads on suspension.

I'm not sure if 09s have the same stuff as 07-08s, but for exhaust, A'pexi, and Megan have pretty good reputations for the GD3s

Good luck!

Old 03-16-2009, 06:44 PM
Touched by his noodly appendage
Coilovers can be just as comfortable as stock or lowering springs depending on the brand.

I dont think there is any exhausts out yet for the GE8.

As far as intake the only good one out now is PRM. It looks like a very good intake so far.

Give it another couple of months and there will be alot more aftermarket options available.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 PM
ok, i didn't realize 09 was a new version of the fit. so no parts will fit unless its 09 and up correct?

Old 03-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Correct. By the time you break the car in there should be a pretty good aftermarket.

Old 03-16-2009, 08:47 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by ATeamM
So my girl friend is looking at getting a new 09 Fit sport with a manual. I know nothing about these cars and just had a few question.

1. What is the range of years that I should look at for after market parts.

2. We plan on at least doing an I/E cause she wants it to sound aggressive. Do you have and recommendations on brands of intakes or cat-back exhausts?

3. We also plan on lowering it, any suggestions on brand of springs & struts? (No coil-overs, she won't want the ride to be that harsh)

I think that's it for now. Thanks for the help.
Coilovers will offer a much more comfortable ride than just springs alone. Changing to stiffer springs without complementary shocks will make for a harsher ride, usually.

I suggest looking at designs and not brands. Straight-through mufflers will be much louder (usually that annoying fart can sound) than traditionally designed mufflers like what Megan Racing has for the GD3. As far as intakes go, a pipe is a pipe, really. You're not going to get much power from an intake on this tiny engine, so no need to spend the big bucks for a big brand, except for J's and other's molded/chambered carbon fiber intakes.

The GE8's ('09+ Fits) are relatively new, so you'll have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up.

Last edited by cojaro; 03-16-2009 at 10:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:07 PM
Originally Posted by cojaro
Coilovers will offer a much more comfortable ride than just springs alone. Changing to stiffer springs without complementary shocks will make for a harsher ride, usually.

I suggest looking at designs and not brands. Straight-through mufflers will be much louder (usually that annoying fart can sound) than traditionally designed mufflers like what Megan Racing has for the GD3. As far as intakes go, a pipe is a pipe, really. You're not going to get much power from an intake on this tiny engine, so no need to spend the big bucks for a big brand, save for J's and other's molded carbon fiber intakes.

The GE8's ('09+ Fits) are relatively new, so you'll have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up.
Kinda contradicting yourself J's is a big brand and is really expensive along with all the other molded cf intakes.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:18 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by Interstate526

For suspension, tanabe and skunk2 seem like popular choices. Search around on the forum a little bit, there are tons of threads on suspension.
there is also a section just for suspension. (and interior, wheels, forced intake, ect)

however ge8 owners are posting here more often...

japan has aftermarket stuff for the ge8 (09) bc its been out for a year there; but is slightly different due to the fact that US has higher safety standards, and very expensive.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
Kinda contradicting yourself J's is a big brand and is really expensive along with all the other molded cf intakes.
No contradiction, only exceptions. As far as I know, chambered intakes (most of which for the Fit are CF) have somewhat different/better flow properties (read as more power) than the typical aluminum-tube CAI/SRI intakes.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by cojaro
No contradiction, only exceptions. As far as I know, chambered intakes (most of which for the Fit are CF) have somewhat different/better flow properties (read as more power) than the typical aluminum-tube CAI/SRI intakes.
I agree, but your telling him not to get big brand intakes (like J's racing which is chambered) and not to get an expensive intake (like the molded carbon fiber intake you suggested).

Old 03-16-2009, 10:26 PM
5 Year Member
Originally Posted by qbmurderer13
I agree, but your telling him not to get big brand intakes (like J's racing which is chambered) and not to get an expensive intake (like the molded carbon fiber intake you suggested).
But I'm not telling him not to get them; I'm saying there's no need to get a big brand aluminum-tube intake for some ridiculous price. The chambered intakes, from what I've read, are the exceptions and are worth the extra bucks.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Ah well you didnt specify You just said no big brands or expensive intakes. T1R intake should be out in a little bit

Old 03-17-2009, 10:17 AM
Well he also told me that Spring along can make a ride harsh when I clearly said I waant springs and sturts (technically I guess I should have said shocks) and He also said that I should get a cheap intake cause it's not gonna make much power when I also said the only reason we want an intake if for the more aggressive sound.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Get coilovers if you want comfort. Any intake will give you a more aggressive sound, although theres not many out right now and most will cost at least $200. Check out PRM.